DOW

Cancel7

Banned
What happens if the DOW falls below the 9k mark today? It’s holding a couple hundred above that right now, and hopefully it ends up a couple of hundred. But if it falls below the 9k mark, what is that going to mean?

I will let SF provide the specifics. he is after all the eggspurt.

In reality I don't think anyone knows. All those eggspurts seem to just be stumbling around scratching both ends.

Last edited:
When it hits 8,345 the sky will fall 5%, at 8,045 it will be a 85% of its normal height. Once it dips below 8,000, it will fall exponentially at a rate directly correlated to the Dow index.

When it hits 8,345 the sky will fall 5%, at 8,045 it will be a 85% of its normal height. Once it dips below 8,000, it will fall exponentially at a rate directly correlated to the Dow index.

Well I am getting a little bit freaked out.

think the next support level is around 8000 or 8500. thats where most projected the bottom a couple weeks ago. that is over a 40% haircut from where it was or about 4-5T in worth.

Everyone is selling that why its dipping. We all need to take a sip of cool down and stop selling off everything.

Last edited:
Well, my house is slightly above 7000 Ft... That would be time to start buying. Just so I could breathe.

Well I am getting a little bit freaked out.
You aren't close to retirement, there is no need to be freaked. If you do sell hold the cash in savings gathering interest until it begins to climb again then repurchase. Do not spend the money.

Remember any gains you have will be taxed when you sell regardless of the drop in paper value.

Hmm brings up a point. Is there any correletaion between altitide vs liberal/con ? Maybe the thinner air creates cons ?

You aren't close to retirement, there is no need to be freaked. If you do sell hold the cash in savings gathering interest until it begins to climb again then repurchase. Do not spend the money.

Remember any gains you have will be taxed when you sell regardless of the drop in paper value.

I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about a jobs depression. I’m worried about businesses simply not spending.

I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about a jobs depression. I’m worried about businesses simply not spending.
It is something to worry about. Both are. Those I worry about short term are those who need the money now because they are in retirement, those I worry about long term are those who panic-sell. You are doing the right thing getting into real estate because it brings income unrelated to savings and your job.

Back