DOW

As far as I can tell, all people on Wall Street do is look at big screens with either one hand over their mouth, both hands on the sides of their head, or both hands over their face.

It seems like a pretty easy gig...

Regardless of any technicals, CDO portfolio valuations, etc, public companies that are otherwise solid are being sold off now for no other reason than Bush getting on TV and telling the whole fvcking world the sky is falling. Yes. If you're invested in a company that has heavy subprime holdings you would have definitely seen a loss, but now we've got solid businesses being sold off b/c of fear.

A self fullfilled prophecy. Good job Bush.

Good job. One last fck you to the American people on your way out and a substantial hook up to your richeer than god friends.

I seriously hate that man.

As far as I can tell, all people on Wall Street do is look at big screens with either one hand over their mouth, both hands on the sides of their head, or both hands over their face.

It seems like a pretty easy gig...

I wonder fi they are really that upset or at this point is it a game on the floor: who can land the best photo.

I have to be honest If I were on the floor, I'd be in tears just to get on some news agency's front page!

Regardless of any technicals, CDO portfolio valuations, etc, public companies that are otherwise solid are being sold off now for no other reason than Bush getting on TV and telling the whole fvcking world the sky is falling. Yes. If you're invested in a company that has heavy subprime holdings you would have definitely seen a loss, but now we've got solid businesses being sold off b/c of fear.

Good job. One last fck you to the American people on your way out and a substantial hook up to your richeer than god friends.

Yeah, he's a real leaderrr. That guy folds during a crisis.

Bernanke's statements yesterday were also brutal. What's the matter with these guys? They lie when they're not supposed to, and then tell the truth when it's harmful....

Yeah, he's a real leaderrr. That guy folds during a crisis.

Bernanke's statements yesterday were also brutal. What's the matter with these guys? They lie when they're not supposed to, and then tell the truth when it's harmful....

Honestly, before they hit the hysteria button, I don't think it would have been nearly as bad as they are making it ot to be. The companies would have simply been absorbed by bigger stronger banks once the price was right, and the markets would have moved in and out of those stocks accordingly and or moved to better investments. At the end of the day, Bush hit the panic button. That's really what's going on. Would we have had a few quarters of GDP decline aka recession? Maybe. Would it be as bad as what's ahead?

I really don't think so. but then again, I'm no Maverick from alaska. WTF do I know?

Honestly, before they hit the hysteria button, I don't think it would have been nearly as bad as they are making it ot to be. The companies would have simply been absorbed by bigger stronger banks once the price was right, and the markets would have moved in and out of those stocks accordingly and or moved to better investments. At the end of the day, Bush hit the panic button. That's really what's going on. Would we have had a few quarters of GDP decline aka recession? Maybe. Would it be as bad as what's ahead?

I really don't think so. but then again, I'm no Maverick from alaska. WTF do I know?
So. What you do is take the situation, then ask yourself what would a maverick do? Then, don'tyaknow, you do that....

;)

I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about a jobs depression. I’m worried about businesses simply not spending.

as you should be. I have information I cannot share but layoff plans are MOST Definitely in the works.

I also hold layoff information. It does not look good . One reason I am leaving soon. I don't have to have the money and perhaps 2-3 more can work that needs to for what they pay me.

It is something to worry about. Both are. Those I worry about short term are those who need the money now because they are in retirement, those I worry about long term are those who panic-sell. You are doing the right thing getting into real estate because it brings income unrelated to savings and your job.

I’m not getting into real estate DAmo, that sounds so funny! Me in real estate! This guy who is very high up in commercial real estate where I live, is also in my networking group, and he wants to introduce me to a lot of people he knows. For instance, this Friday he is taking me to a much larger networking group event, as his guest, and introducing me to a bunch of his clients. Kind of like a mentor thing. But my business is communications, copywriting, writing workshops, etc.

I’m not getting into real estate DAmo, that sounds so funny! Me in real estate! This guy who is very high up in commercial real estate where I live, is also in my networking group, and he wants to introduce me to a lot of people he knows. For instance, this Friday he is taking me to a much larger networking group event, as his guest, and introducing me to a bunch of his clients. Kind of like a mentor thing. But my business is communications, copywriting, writing workshops, etc.

actually, its really the perfect time to get into it. keep your eyes and ears open. Or pass the info along! :D

DRYS... P/E hit ONE today. ONE....

Technicals suggest the market falls to 8k from here (though to clarify for the gotcha crowd... this does not mean there won't be up days on the way down). That is the next support level. If broken the next barrier is the 7280 level (lows from 2002) where there is a major support barrier.

My GUESS is that we test and hold around 8k as world banks cut rates and inject cash into the system to avert a deflationary environment.

That said, people should take a deep breath when opening their third quarter statements. If you have a long term time frame... you may want to just ride this out. Either in your current investments or in cash/gold if you do feel the need to sell.

As for the bailout... it is a debt/equity swap, not a pure injection of capital. Thus it is going to take time to work its way into the system. The psychological support it was supposed to provide went out the window when they failed to pass it the first time and the Dow, the Transports, the S&P and the Wilshire ALL broke through their technical barriers.

DRYS... P/E hit ONE today. ONE....

Do you really think we'd be hear today if Bush hadn't pushed the panic button? Honestly.

Technicals suggest the market falls to 8k from here (though to clarify for the gotcha crowd... this does not mean there won't be up days on the way down). That is the next support level. If broken the next barrier is the 7280 level (lows from 2002) where there is a major support barrier.

Yeah, its going to get $hittier. I don't think itwould have nearly this crappy if they had left the markets alone and hadn't insisted that the corporate wellfare bailout was needed.

[QUOTE[]
That said, people should take a deep breath when opening their third quarter statements. If you have a long term time frame... you may want to just ride this out. Either in your current investments or in cash/gold if you do feel the need to sell.[/QUOTE]

I'd actually suggest people throw away their 3Q statement.

as for the bailout... it is a debt/equity swap, not a pure injection of capital. Thus it is going to take time to work its way into the system. The psychological support it was supposed to provide went out the window when they failed to pass it the first time and the Dow, the Transports, the S&P and the Wilshire ALL broke through their technical barriers.

Injection sminjection. The level of the current volatility is based on fear alone.

20% is the average retirement fund loss. Many will be worse.
But the 401K companies will still get their fees. A bright spot in all of this.

Do you really think we'd be hear today if Bush hadn't pushed the panic button? Honestly.

Yeah, its going to get $hittier. I don't think itwould have nearly this crappy if they had left the markets alone and hadn't insisted that the corporate wellfare bailout was needed.

[QUOTE[]
That said, people should take a deep breath when opening their third quarter statements. If you have a long term time frame... you may want to just ride this out. Either in your current investments or in cash/gold if you do feel the need to sell.

I'd actually suggest people throw away their 3Q statement.

Injection sminjection. The level of the current volatility is based on fear alone.[/QUOTE]

While I agree Bush should shut the hell up as he is not doing anyone any good by invoking fear, yes, I do believe we would still have eventually gotten to this point. The credit market is too tight right now, we are teetering on a deflationary environment and confidence in our leadership at the Fed, the Treasury and in DC is almost non-existant. The technicals breaking down have more to do with this sell off than Bush's comments.

Yes, the market is reacting more from a psychological point than fundamentals. But the technicals are also aiding this downturn. Fear is a natural part of a market that is bottoming. Just as euphoria is a natural part of a top.

While I agree Bush should shut the he** up as he is not doing anyone any good by invoking fear, yes, I do believe we would still have eventually gotten to this point. The credit market is too tight right now, we are teetering on a deflationary environment and confidence in our leadership at the Fed, the Treasury and in DC is almost non-existant. The technicals breaking down have more to do with this sell off than Bush's comments.

Yes, the market is reacting more from a psychological point than fundamentals. But the technicals are also aiding this downturn. Fear is a natural part of a market that is bottoming. Just as euphoria is a natural part of a top.

lol, where do you think this pychological effect is stemming from?

lol, where do you think this pychological effect is stemming from?

I already stated that my dear....

The fear factor (psychological portion) is driving this market faster than it likely would have gone on its own. However, that does not change the fact that the technicals broke down and that the trend was headed this way due to that as well.

Back