DOW

It is those anti american traitors in the stock market betting that the market will drop so they can profit.

Shorting is a viable way for someone like me to hedge against a decline in an issue that I want to keep for years. For example, GE, my cost basis is $2.13 and I don't feel like selling right now. So, I can buy puts or sell short against the box.

I do agree that we need to ban naked shorts and to reinstitute the uptick rule.

Shorting is a viable way for someone like me to hedge against a decline in an issue that I want to keep for years. For example, GE, my cost basis is $2.13 and I don't feel like selling right now. So, I can buy puts or sell short against the box.

I do agree that we need to ban naked shorts and to reinstitute the uptick rule.

naked shorts have always been illegal.

The money you earn.

AHH. Well I guess im gonna have to start investing more into my 401k again. I haven't really had to considering I put 25% of my pay in for the first 8years and now I only do enough for the match. Figured that would have been enough for life and was focused and banging down my mortgage. .

Maybe I should take 150k of my equity line and buy some stocks if the dow goes to 5k.

The DOW has dropped below 8k.

A year ago it was around 12k. Thats a serious slap for people who invested their life savings.

Talk about a panic.

The DOW has dropped below 8k.

A year ago it was around 12k. Thats a serious slap for people who invested their life savings.

Talk about a panic.
At the time of this post the DOW was still above 8000, but I believe it will go there today.

How did we end up with an economy being dictated by a select group of sheep in London, New York and Tokyo?

Someone panics in New York which causes the chaps in Japan to start panicking, London looks at Japan and New York, starts to feel that they are being left out and so start to panic as well. This goes on for several days until nobody can remember what they are all panicking about.

Everyone admits they are panicking and everybody agrees that they shouldn't be panicking but it is a well known fact that panicking is even harder to give up than heroin. Nobody knows when these people will stop panicking. Meanwhile the panic created by the panicking men in London, New York and Tokyo causes more panic.

What a fantastic system.

How did we end up with an economy being dictated by a select group of sheep in London, New York and Tokyo?

Someone panics in New York which causes the chaps in Japan to start panicking, London looks at Japan and New York, starts to feel that they are being left out and so start to panic as well. This goes on for several days until nobody can remember what they are all panicking about.

Everyone admits they are panicking and everybody agrees that they shouldn't be panicking but it is a well known fact that panicking is even harder to give up than heroin. Nobody knows when these people will stop panicking. Meanwhile the panic created by the panicking men in London, New York and Tokyo causes more panic.

What a fantastic system.

Great way to describe what is happening, Charver. TY for the laugh.

What a fantastic system.
The market leaders aren't really "panicking" they are simply convincing others to sell so they can buy on the cheap.

They are getting you coming and going. If they can convince a bunch of people to act emotionally in the market, they make tons of cash.

It's easy to get them back though. I've heard that rifle-smacking is being taken up as a good sport on Wall street. Nobody can afford ammunition, but the guns give you a good long stick to bury into their gut.

The market leaders aren't really "panicking" they are simply convincing others to sell so they can buy on the cheap.

Because if the populations ever found out that the markets, and therefore much of the economy, is based on actions by brokers rather than actual values we would riot.

Because if the populations ever found out that the markets, and therefore much of the economy, is based on actions by brokers rather than actual values we would riot.

Most of the market players do not even truely rrealize this. Above a certain point stocks are lik baseball playing cards. Just worth what someone else will pay for them.

We are getting pretty close to the true value of stocks. PE ratio of 1/1.

Back