Drilling in ANWR is Finally Underway!

What utter ignorant bullcrud toppy....

the price of oil dropped because Congress had the Speculation regulatory bill on the floor....it had nothing at all to do with President Bush dropping the executive order that his Father signed to keep us from drilling....

Care

(ps. along with our consumption dropping and oil backing up.)

What a load of crap. The speculation bill will do NOTHING. ZERO. ZILCH... to eliminate speculation on oil. All it will do is shift the location of the speculation. Period. There are very very few speculators that won't turn around and shift business over to the London exchange.

All you are doing with this idiotic political ploy is potentially shifting more jobs and cash overseas. Good work.

Just tax the heck out of speculators like Cigarettes.

what I really mean is tax their income just like it is earned wages.

I think T Boone Pickens said it best. We cannot drill our way out of this. But then again, what does he know about oil. Probably some anti business librul

That is because even he understands that we need to develop and push the alternative energy side as well. It is the only way we can become energy independent. He also knows his push for alt energy will carry quite a bit of weight given his history in oil.

my only concern is what about long term? i mean say you drill in ANWR which i am against, what about long term, 200 years from now. And what about finding renewable energy where we can provide a better future for kids and grandkids without polluting the environment or giving terrorists our money

my only concern is what about long term? i mean say you drill in ANWR which i am against, what about long term, 200 years from now. And what about finding renewable energy where we can provide a better future for kids and grandkids without polluting the environment or giving terrorists our money

1) Which is exactly why we should be drilling every available domestic site

2) I don't know of many on this board that are against alt energy development in a big way. It too is vitale. To our national security... to the enviornment and to our own personal health.

Dixie: Finding oil means absolutely nothing.
That is not technically correct. IF the oil is found and the technology exists to bring it to market in an economically viable manner, the find most certainly WILL effect the Futures prices on oil and subsequently have a downward push on current spot prices.

You missed the point. Until the oil is extracted and put on the market, the price of oil is not really effected, because supply has not increased. If Conoco-Phillips announces they will start drilling and extracting oil we've found, then it may effect the market, but merely "finding" oil, means nothing. We have found plenty of oil that is not feasible to extract, it doesn't effect the market. True, it may affect the futures market, and this may cause an effect in market price, but that was not the point of my statement.

Well you shouldn't be against drilling in ANWR because, after all... we are already drilling there. Of course, it's ice core samples, but oil isn't much different, you bring in a drilling rig and punch a hole in the ground.

Since mankind has pretty much created the internal combustion engine, crude oil drilling, and refining of gasoline (not to mention, electricity, industrialization, and digital technology) in the last 200 years, I think it's safe to say we will likely have a better alternative 200 years from now.

I am actually surprised no one is giving me kudos for my wonderful moderate stance on this issue. Considering everyone thinks of me as a right-wing extremist, I think I have a fairly moderate viewpoint here. I want us to open up more domestic drilling, but I want oil companies to uncap wells they already have available and start pumping now. I also want to insure we have environmental standards and regulations in place and being followed, but I want to ease as much government restriction on the oil/gas industry as possible as well. I like the T. Boone Plan, it should definitely be a part of a broader comprehensive approach to this problem. In addition, I would like to see an aggressive "end of this decade" approach to finding and implementing some viable form of alternative fuel transportation. I actually think it is important to include this program in the plan, because if we focus only on the supply/demand problems, we will fix that and never get around to doing the other. I think it is important for us to advance our technology and lead the world in it, like we've done countless times before.

You missed the point. Until the oil is extracted and put on the market, the price of oil is not really effected, because supply has not increased. If Conoco-Phillips announces they will start drilling and extracting oil we've found, then it may effect the market, but merely "finding" oil, means nothing. We have found plenty of oil that is not feasible to extract, it doesn't effect the market. True, it may affect the futures market, and this may cause an effect in market price, but that was not the point of my statement.

No, I understood quite clearly the point you were attempting to make. The point I was making is that you are 100% wrong. Oil moves on expectations just as easily as it does on actual production. Just look what happens to oil prices when their is a potential for "supply disruption". It is perception that matters the most when it comes to futures prices.

AS for the second part of your post... congratulations you managed to restate what I said to you.... good work.... my words were...

"IF the oil is found and the technology exists to bring it to market in an economically viable manner, the find most certainly WILL effect the Futures prices on oil and subsequently have a downward push on current spot prices."

Back