Economic indicators and the debt

http://www.esa.doc.gov/about-economic-indicators

things could be alot worse and our debt would shrink MORE if we got the economy steaming along.

why is the right trying EVERYTHING they can think of to distroy any growth?

As long as Obama is President there will be no growth. I know I have cut back significantly. Fired the cleaning lady. Fired the landscaper. Cut tips back from 20% to 7.5%

Lots of other cutbacks too.

As long as Obama is President there will be no growth. I know I have cut back significantly. Fired the cleaning lady. Fired the landscaper. Cut tips back from 20% to 7.5%

Lots of other cutbacks too.

I actually believe otherwise. Sure, Obama hasn't exactly been the most ideal president - far from it, actually -, but the read problem that we face is our inability to compromise/find common ground.

Find common ground on what? Compromise what?

How about taxes? Welfare reform? Spending? Environmental policy? The defense budget? Guns? Disaster aid? Election reform? Health care reform?

If we could actually make a concerted effort on any one of these issues, maybe our country could make a meaningful change in direction. But as of now? We're in a partisan gridlock.

How about taxes? Welfare reform? Spending? Environmental policy? The defense budget? Guns? Disaster aid? Election reform? Health care reform?

If we could actually make a concerted effort on any one of these issues, maybe our country could make a meaningful change in direction. But as of now? We're in a partisan gridlock.

Ok

I want taxes low. I want to repeal 16th Amendment
I want to end all welfare
I want to cut all spending unless it is duly authorized by the Constitution
I want to end the EPA
I believe the 2nd Amendment is perfect
No disaster aid
No election reform

Ready to compromise?

Ok

I want to end the EPA
No disaster aid
No election reform

Ready to compromise?

the minority of the minority doesnt get its way in a compromise

Ok

I want to end the EPA
No disaster aid
No election reform

Ready to compromise?

Oh, how fun. We can do a mock sit-down.

Here's what I want(on the same issues):
I want taxes low and progressive.
I want to reform the welfare system and re-establish the CCCs of the New Deal.
I want spending to be left up to the states.
I want to maintain the EPA and make natural resource conservation a national priority.
I want disaster aid to be maintained and be primarily left up to the states.
I want radical election reform in an effort to reform the polyarchy.

Let's go one by one. You can choose the first. :challengeaccepted:

we hold two thirds of the government.

your team should sacrafice at least 2/3rd of your platform

Now get all together and tell us what 2/3rds of your platform you are willing to compromise

we hold two thirds of the government.

your team should sacrafice at least 2/3rd of your platform

Now get all together and tell us what 2/3rds of your platform you are willing to compromise

You are illogical. Using your premise your side should have compromised 100% of your platform and accepted the GOP platform when they had controll but you didn't.

How-to-Lead.jpg

Attachments

• How-to-Lead.jpg
    How-to-Lead.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
You are illogical. Using your premise your side should have compromised 100% of your platform and accepted the GOP platform when they had controll but you didn't.

Yes, you're absolutely right there. What makes this country great is that decisions must be made by large numbers of ideologues, not single entities. One party giving in completely is nonsense.

Great post! :)

I actually believe otherwise. Sure, Obama hasn't exactly been the most ideal president - far from it, actually -, but the real problem that we face is our inability to compromise/find common ground.

agreed... and a large reason for this is we have allowed the states to rig the House districts into so many 'safe' seats for one party or the other. this is providing the opportunity for extremists from the left and right to enter the House.

The economy is growing at three percent.
So to teabagging NRA nuts that's zero!
Must be a three percent deduction for black presidents.

Back