Emmett Till / Trayvon Martin - An Awakening to Racist Evil in America

That's retcon. The only bungle they made was thinking a black jury from
l.a. Would be impartial

Garcetti basically said he didn't feel the black community would think it a legitimate verdict if it was made a bunch of rich white people (in Santa Monica) thus the desire to move it downtown.

why did you pretend I called you a racist for days

go read the thread

I didnt until AFTER you kept claiming I did and kept insisting the young black woman witness was meaningless for no reason .

you were on the side of the racists

you trashed us all

I've lost count of the # of times you've called me a racist. Before that thread, and after.

It's what you do.

07-15-2013, 03:06 AM
#109 | Top

liberal and progressive

Sep 2007

Philly, PA

Groans:
0 Groaned 20 Times in 20 Posts

Your teenage son or daughter is walking home in the rain, it is growing dark, she is on the phone with a friend and eating the candy she just bought from a nearby convenience store. The hood is up on her jacket when a man starts following her in his car. She mentions this to a friend on the phone. Your son keeps walking. Soon your daughter walks behind a building, and the man in the car gets out and follows her. Your son does not know what motivates the follower. Soon they are so close, fear of each other causes a scuffle. Your daughter does not realize the man is armed with a gun. She fights the man to the ground and in the melee he is injured. He pulls a gun and kills your daughter. How do you feel? What gave him the right to follow and pursue your son or daughter. What motivated him to follow.

I thought the piece below spot on.

"What the verdict says, to the astonishment of tens of millions of us, is that you can go looking for trouble in Florida, with a gun and a great deal of racial bias, and you can find that trouble, and you can act upon that trouble in a way that leaves a young man dead, and none of it guarantees that you will be convicted of a crime." link below

"Of course the deadly meeting last year between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman had at its core a racial element. Of course its tragic result reminds us that the nation, in ways too many of our leaders refuse to acknowledge, is still riven by race. The story of Martin and Zimmerman is the story of crime and punishment in America, and of racial disparities in capital sentencing, and in marijuana prosecutions, and in countless other things. But it wasn't Judge Debra Nelson's job to conduct a seminar on race relations in 2013. It wasn't her job to help America bridge its racial divide. It was her job to give Zimmerman a fair trial. And she did.

So the murder trial of George Zimmerman did not allow jurors to deliberate over the fairness of Florida's outlandishly broad self-defense laws. It did not allow them debate the virtues of the state's liberal gun laws or its evident tolerance for vigilantes (which we now politely call "neighborhood watch"). It did not permit them to delve into the racial profiling that Zimmerman may have engaged in or into the misconduct and mischief that Martin may have engaged in long before he took that fatal trip to the store for candy. These factors, these elements, part of the more complete picture of this tragedy, were off-limits to the ultimate decision-makers." Andrew Cohen

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...merman/277772/

my first inn the thread

07-15-2013, 06:13 AM
#134 | Top

Truthmatters

Jul 2006

Thanked 6,983 Times in 5,458 Posts
Groans:
0 Groaned 4,264 Times in 3,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post

Enough race-baiting.

Zimmerman was found to have defended himself. He was tried and found innocent.

fuck you

Desh, you've called me a racist hundreds of times at this point. And you've never been able to show me one thing I've said that is racist.

07-15-2013, 06:35 AM
#154 | Top

Verified User

Nov 2012

Thanked 4,065 Times in 2,595 Posts
Groans:
8 Groaned 268 Times in 252 Posts

The only thing comparable about these 2 tragedies is that they are both just that - tragic.

It ends there. No one is served by taking this to such over-the-top extremes. The fact is, the current case is probably one that shouldn't have even gone to trial; it should have surprised no one that they didn't have enough to find GZ guilty.

Blog this Post .

The Following User Groans At Thing1 For This Awful Post:

Rune (07-15-2013)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thing1 For This Post:

Cancel 2016.2 (07-16-2013), Damocles (07-17-2013), Legion Troll (07-15-2013)

Desh, you've called me a racist hundreds of times at this point. And you've never been able to show me one thing I've said that is racist.

you also said I c alled you a racist when I had not in this case thing

I proved it with the FACTS

you lied not me

Prove your new lie with facts

he cant

he knows in his heart that everytime I called him racist he deserved It and that I can prove it

07-15-2013, 06:59 AM
#189 | Top

Truthmatters

Jul 2006

Thanked 6,983 Times in 5,458 Posts
Groans:
0 Groaned 4,264 Times in 3,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post

Or why doesn't this imaginary child call the police with said cell phone? Why not call parents?

Is the only option available to said child confronting and accosting the follower?

the facts are that trayvon tried to LOSE this guy and the GUY kept coming after him.

then he told his friend on the phone Hes about to fight me I got to go and then she heard Trayvon say "get off me get off me"

but that was a young black woman who testified to that so you said its not real.

fuck you

What are you even talking about?

Again - you have called me a racist hundreds of times. I've never said anything racist on here, and you've never produced anything I've said that is racist. Because I'm not a racist.

Why do I have to prove anything here? You're the one calling me a racist, over & over & over again. It's sickening.

Back