Equal Thirds of One

1 a: a numerical representation (as 3⁄4, 5⁄8, or 3.234) indicating the quotient of two numbers b (1): a piece broken off : fragment (2): a discrete unit : portion2: one of several portions (as of a distillate) separable by fractionation3: bit , little <a fraction closer>

Right... 1/3 is a NUMERIC REPRESENTATION NOT A VALUE!

In regular mathematics you NEVER simplify fractions that produce remainders anyway. So the point is fucking moot. The fact that an equation produces an infinite remainder when oversimplified, however, doesn't change it's true value.

Last edited:

Dixie, come on. Seriously you must be putting us on. Nobody's this intentionally obtuse and stubborn. Not even you.

This must be a schtick. It has to be. It must.

1/3 * 3 equals 1. .333333e * 3 equals 1. If it didn't, and the value literally changed, as Dixie suggests, that would simply be nonsensical, and math is not nonsensical.

LOL. It's a numerical value, numerical quantity, numerical representation... these phrases differ no more than 1/3 differs from 1 / 3 or .333e. All numbers are nothing more than a representation of a certain quantity of units of an object being measured. You are such a knuckle dragger.

LOL. It's a numerical value, numerical quantity, numerical representation... these phrases differ no more than 1/3 differs from 1 / 3 or .333e. All numbers are nothing more than a representation of a certain quantity of units of an object being measured. You are such a knuckle dragger.

Yes, but fractions are not numerical values, only numeric representations or division formulas. 1/3 tells you nothing of value, unless you know what it is in relation to. 1/3 of WHAT? So you continue to toss out a numerical representation or formula, in which the 'remainder' has already been assumed, as proof that you do not need to assume the remainder!

Yeah, with your shallow mind arguing such silliness that "equal thirds do not exist" and everybody else trying to tell you otherwise.

LOL... AGAIN... for the 5,000,000,000th time... I have NEVER EVER EVER said that "equal thirds do not exist!" How many fucking times do I have to correct that lie? It has never been my argument, I have never stated such an argument, and if this is what you believe I have stated, it explains a lot about why you don't understand what I have said at all.

Yes, but fractions are not numerical values, only numeric representations or division formulas. 1/3 tells you nothing of value, unless you know what it is in relation to. 1/3 of WHAT? So you continue to toss out a numerical representation or formula, in which the 'remainder' has already been assumed, as proof that you do not need to assume the remainder!

Fractions are values.

1/2 is a half. 1 is one. 1/10th is tenth.

2 is 2. And if you have 2 OF something it does not change the fact that 2 is still a value.

Good god. Unreal. Truly surreal.

Fractions are NOT values, and I can prove this... here is a little 'fractional' problem...

You have 1 U.S. Gallon of Water... we all know what a gallon is, and 1 is a numerical value. Understood? Ok, each day, you may consume 1/2 of the water. How many days will the water last? Go ahead, calculate the answer for me! :)

Fractions are NOT values, and I can prove this... here is a little 'fractional' problem...

You have 1 U.S. Gallon of Water... we all know what a gallon is, and 1 is a numerical value. Understood? Ok, each day, you may consume 1/2 of the water. How many days will the water last? Go ahead, calculate the answer for me! :)

2 days. And if you consume 1/3 each day it will last 3 days, unless you're a total bloviating idiot in which case after three days you'll still have some water left because you didn't drink it right. And you didn't drink it right because you're an idiot.

:cof1:

Why must you wind up with zero water left in the bottle?

NAZI

2 days. And if you consume 1/3 each day it will last 3 days, unless you're a total bloviating idiot in which case after three days you'll still have some water left because you didn't drink it right. And you didn't drink it right because you're an idiot.

:cof1:

LOL... you misunderstood the problem, let me re-clarify for your dumb ass... Each day, you may consume 1/2 of the water that remains. The first day, you consume 1/2 of the gallon, the second day, 1/2 of the remaining 1/2, which would be a quart... etc. How many days will the water last?

LOL... you misunderstood the problem, let me re-clarify for your dumb ass... Each day, you may consume 1/2 of the water that remains. The first day, you consume 1/2 of the gallon, the second day, 1/2 of the remaining 1/2, which would be a quart... etc. How many days will the water last?

TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY SEVEN!@!!!221!

Last edited:
Back