Ethanol is retarded

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
The only reason it's even being talked about is because of the corn lobby - which is the most taxpayer-subsidized industry in the history of America. Well - corn ethanol is never ever going to be efficient enough to replace gas. Even if the system is fully put in place, at most, you get like 1.2 times the power of the gasoline it took to make and distribute it.

If you really want ethanol, import sugarcane from Brazil, which produces 6 times more energy than the gas used to make it (plants made around the tropics, obviously, produce a lot more energy than plants made from around the northern latitudes).

Otherwise, Ethanol won't stop our oil dependency. It will just drain about a trillion from taxpayer coffers.

The only reason it's even being talked about is because of the corn lobby - which is the most taxpayer-subsidized industry in the history of America. Well - corn ethanol is never ever going to be efficient enough to replace gas. Even if the system is fully put in place, at most, you get like 1.2 times the power of the gasoline it took to make and distribute it.

If you really want ethanol, import sugarcane from Brazil, which produces 6 times more energy than the gas used to make it (plants made around the tropics, obviously, produce a lot more energy than plants made from around the northern latitudes).

Otherwise, Ethanol won't stop our oil dependency. It will just drain about a trillion from taxpayer coffers.

Agreed. In Illinois we've had the minimum 10% for a zillion years, before anyone heard of it. Our gas prices are among the highest in the nation. Now that the fed has joined in, we're getting inflation on top of it.

Also, it will lead to a lot of land being tilled up that could have been left in a natural state and the pollution caused from run off.

THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD NOT SUBSIDIZE THE PROCESS. Once you create a special interest it will fight to maintain its status and it will be difficult to change even if it is not the most efficient solution.

Ethanol does keep money from the islamofascists. It does have to be a bad thing to help the local economies in the USA.

Ethanol does nothing but to fatten the pockets of uber-rich over subsidized agri-kings, at the expense of our "local economies".

Bull crap, That is just plain wrong. It does much more.
ethanol has helped many small communities in america.
I am sorry your arab buddies might loose a few billion dollars though.

Ethanol is not the answer, but it is a start and it keeps money here. I guess asshat is right you do support the globalist economy over our economy.

Ethanol is not the answer, but it is a start and it keeps money here. I guess asshat is right you do support the globalist economy over our economy.

Protectionists steal our jobs.

I'm sorry your buddies in the corn lobby want to kill America, but I'm willing to stand up for what's right, and help us. Corn is bullshit. It's not efficient. We're paying people to do nothing, stealing poor folks jobs in other areas of America to provide a fewer, lesser jobs to farmers and give rich corn execs more of our taxpayer dollar.

Well, since you hate America and poor people, I can see how your retarded ass would like an inneficient fuel source that helps out global warming. But anyone with common sense is against your retarded support of the uber-rich conglomerates.

What, are they paying you to steal jobs from America or something?

Last edited:
Corn takes 1 gallon of oil for every 1.2 gallon made. You just want us to be dependent on the middle east for more time because you've been bribed by oil execs. This is why you hate America and you're a globalist who just wants to continue stealing our jobs.

If Americans are forced to pay elevated prices (and the price includes tax subsidies) then it hurts many small communities in america.

And what is the ratio of energy used per gallon of gas produced ?

I am so sorry you enjoy america being held hostage by the Middle East.

By 2017 we are expected to reach a full 3.7% energy indpendence through ethanol. And that is not considering the fossil fuel imports needed for ethanol. It will not reduce our dependence on the middle east.

as I said before ethanol is just a beginning, it will take a mix of tech and conservation to achieve any degree of independence from ME oil.

During the off-peak hours use the electricity to make hydogen.

We'll run out of water pretty quick if we expect to bottle up so much hydrogen. The better solution would be to supply stations with electricity from nuke plants and have the stations charge replacable batteries that are standard for all electric vehicles. The cars simply pull in and swap batteries.

Back