Ethical question on who to save

You can only save ONE of the following, which do you save?

• 100 people from your city (none from your neighborhood)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1,000 people from your state (none from your city)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KingCondanomation

You have a chance to save one and only one of the following choices, if you choose none they all will not be saved. So who do you save?
Feel free to add a reason if you want.

Based purely on your hypothetical situation I would save the most I could.
I am now waiting for your whatiffs that were not included in your poll question.

Since there is no emotional connection to any of the choices, I will go with the greatest number.

Since there is no emotional connection to any of the choices, I will go with the greatest number.

exactly.... there is no choice in his above example.

Had he included options that had...

1 member of your immediate family
10 coworkers

etc... THEN maybe there would have been some hesitation in my decision.

It would only take one minor change and I would do just that, WM.

Make one of the choices my wife or my kids. Then the million strangers are on their own.

They will all die eventually anyway so it doesn't matter. You're not Superman and you're not supposed to be.

All you can do is protect those closest to you. I went with the acquaintance, but I'd only even do that if I wasn't busy or there wasn't anything on TV.

They will all die eventually anyway so it doesn't matter. You're not Superman and you're not supposed to be.

All you can do is protect those closest to you. I went with the acquaintance, but I'd only even do that if I wasn't busy or there wasn't anything on TV.

An honest man. Gotta admire that.

You're a filthy piece of immoral scum, your opinion is irrelevant, murderer.

You first.

My violence is dependent on someone attacking my wife or family. I am not talking about just killing people. I was talking about defending and protecting my family.

My family is not being threatened.

My violence is dependent on someone attacking my wife or family. I am not talking about just killing people. I was talking about defending and protecting my family.

My family is not being threatened.

You were talking about killing millions of innocent people just because you don't know them. That is the most immoral, selfish thing I've ever heard anyone say in my entire life. You are the scum of the Earth and I hope you die a painful death you piece of scum.

Back