Ethical question on who to save

You can only save ONE of the following, which do you save?

• 100 people from your city (none from your neighborhood)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1,000 people from your state (none from your city)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You should have made it family. People would choose their own kids over even a friend, let alone thousands of strangers.

However, I would not if everybody else was going to die except them. They couldn't survive on their own and three female children would have a hard time repopulating the planet.

If I change the 1 million to 100,000, I think most people would find it an equally tough choice to make.

And Water, you are not killing anyone, this is just who do you want to save?

You should have made it family. People would choose their own kids over even a friend, let alone thousands of strangers.

However, I would not if everybody else was going to die except them. They couldn't survive on their own and three female children would have a hard time repopulating the planet.

If I put family in there, then everyone would pick that and it would be just as boringly predictable as the 1 million extreme. I was trying to balance all options.

As I've said before, if my dad ever made the choice to save me rather than a million innocent people, I would respond by killing myself.

Last edited:
As I've said before, if my dad ever made the choice to save me rather than a million innocent people, I would respond by killing myself.
Then millions of people and you would die. Boy that would fix him! Being dead and all fixes everything.

Are you always Passive-Aggressive, or does it only happen when you allow your emotions to take over?

What am I saying? Both would be the same...

I'd save 1 person if it was a really good friend or family member.

Wait this poll is retarded. Where is the option to save a good friend? I don't really have average friends so I don't know what that means.

Back