Evidence that the Iranian drone attack on Israel was oked by the U.S. | Seymour Hersh

Scott

Verified User
This is the first time I've heard this, but it's from a well known journalist who's been breaking big stories since Vietnam, Seymour Hersh. Naturally, he can't divulge his sources. I'm willing to grant that perhaps he was fooled into believing something that isn't true, but even if that's the case, it's -still- an interesting story. And if it's true, even bigger. Quoting from the beginning of his article:

A MILITARY SOLUTION TO A POLITICAL PROBLEM

How the Pentagon engineered a fake war to prevent a real one

I’ve spent much of my career reporting on the American military’s misdeeds and worse, especially during the Vietnam War, but it’s time now to applaud the brilliance of the Pentagon planning staff and the operational officers who did what America assured Iran’s religious and military leadership it could do: allow Iran to respond to yet another Israeli assassination by flinging more than three hundred drones and missiles toward Israeli targets that as many as possible would be shot out of the sky before hitting ground there. It was a huge gamble, and it paid off.

The Pentagon was essentially resisting—a word I choose to use—the foreign policy of the Biden White House and NATO by secretly approaching one of Iran’s closest allies—Russia—and persuading a senior general there to reassure Ayatollah Khamenei, Iran’s 84-year-old supreme leader, that America had the know-how to make the strategy succeed.

Imagine it: two of the Biden administration’s most entrenched enemies—Russia and Iran—trusting and working with the Pentagon and its leadership to prevent a deadly retaliation for yet another Israeli assassination of an Iranian general and six other Iranians in Damascus.

[snip]

The operation “had to have a zero scenario,” the American official told me, in terms of insuring that an Iranian ballistic missile did not escape the international armada and strike a major city in Israel. But, he added, “the guys who fly have a lot of faith and believe they can do anything with the AWACs. There was no margin of error.

“It was gutsy.”

Full article (mostly behind a paywall):
A MILITARY SOLUTION TO A POLITICAL PROBLEM | Seymour Hersh

I said that right after it happened. Irani leaders had to do a revenge attack to placate the militarists in Iran. This well-telegraphed drone attack served its purpose.

The Iranians had no intention of striking a city....making sure that the Americans knew that was the point of the sit down with Burns from the CIA.

Another problem with this claim is that the Americas have for two years made it a point to refuse to talk to the Russians.....this is almost certainly another run at the CIA propaganda program to try to make Putin think that underlings are operating outside of Kremlin authority.

And let us not forget the Hersh has in the past been gullible, has been used as a tool of the Swamp/Blob.

The Russians will ignore it, they dont give a flying fuck what the West says...we lie constantly...they are DONE DONE DONE with us.

Another problem with this claim is that the Americas have for two years made it a point to refuse to talk to the Russians.....this is almost certainly another run at the CIA propaganda program to try to make Putin think that underlings are operating outside of Kremlin authority.

And let us not forget the Hersh has in the past been gullible, has been used as a tool of the Swamp/Blob.

I admit I am also wondering if Hersh has perhaps been fooled. But I certainly don't mind considering the possibility that he hasn't been. I guess time will tell.

I admit I am also wondering if Hersh has perhaps been fooled. But I certainly don't mind considering the possibility that he hasn't been. I guess time will tell.

The story makes no sense on several fronts, but do remember that here they not only got Hersh to repeat lies, but because he is so obviously spinning outrageous tales yet again his reputation takes a hit.....WIN/WIN.

And people who know Hersh very well say that he has always had a gullible streak...I have heard this several time on my grapevine.

The really big story here is that the children of Washington have learned nothing, they still believe that someone in the Kremlin will take their idiotic propaganda drivel seriously,,,,,they are adults,....they know better.

I will report back if anyone on my grapevine says that I have this wrong.....I have launched no investigation....but what I know tells me that the chances that these claims are true approach zero....anyone who takes them seriously would need to explain why if they wanted my attention.

I will report back if anyone on my grapevine says that I have this wrong.....I have launched no investigation....but what I know tells me that the chances that these claims are true approach zero....anyone who takes them seriously would need to explain why if they wanted my attention.
Iran is still responsible for all the attacks on Israel, and they are all dismal failures. There is no "The US has OK'ed this" in any of these lame attacks. If Israel had ever invaded Iran as retribution, Iran would be speaking Hebrew.

Remind me, what do the Gazan civilian noncombatants that are being slaughtered have to do with any of this?

I already did so no.

Keep up or be gone.

Sigh -.-. I went back over your posts. I'm guessing this is your main argument:

I've been hearing that unofficial talks have been going on.

Iran is still responsible for all the attacks on Israel, and they are all dismal failures. There is no "The US has OK'ed this" in any of these lame attacks.

I certainly haven't heard of the U.S. oking any previous Iran attacks, but I'm amenable to the idea that this time they may have gotten such approval.

If Israel had ever invaded Iran as retribution, Iran would be speaking Hebrew.

I doubt it. At "best" for Israel's expansionist desires, something like what's happening in Gaza would be happening- namely slaughter.

Remind me, what do the Gazan civilian noncombatants that are being slaughtered have to do with any of this?

Hamas fired some rockets and killed/kidnapped some Israelies. A hell of a lot less killed/kidnapped then what Israel's death toll on Gaza, but that's been par for the course when it comes to Israel's retaliations over the decades.

I have told you before that I like you, but dealing with me comes with performance requirements.

At this stage of my life and all....

Iran is still responsible for all the attacks on Israel, and they are all dismal failures. There is no "The US has OK'ed this" in any of these lame attacks. If Israel had ever invaded Iran as retribution, Iran would be speaking Hebrew.

Fucking with China Bloc as the American Empire collapses into a mound of shit is moronic.

And the zionists are exactly that stupid, just look at what they have done.

I have told you before that I like you, but dealing with me comes with performance requirements.

At this stage of my life and all....

Alright, if you think that I haven't passed some test of yours, you don't need to explain yourself. I can only point out why I don't understand your point of view.

Hamas fired some rockets and killed/kidnapped some Israelies.
Nope. Al Qassam did, at the behest of Iran. It is dishonest to assert that Hamas did so, but you did explain your need to cling to your narrative.

A hell of a lot less killed/kidnapped then what Israel's death toll on Gaza,
Justice and retribution aren't about matching numbers regardless of who they are. Justice and retribution must be dispensed to those who committed the crime. Obviously, Israel is simply using Iran's attack as an excuse to slaughter Arabs. Israel is well aware that Iran attacked them, and Israel never had any intention of dispensing any justice or retribution on Iran. The IDF has, from that day onward, simply been slaughtering Arabs and destroying Gaza. The IDF has not dispensed any sort of justice or retribution for the Oct 7th attack.

Arab children who attacked Israel: 0
Dead Arab children: 18,000 and growing

but that's been par for the course when it comes to Israel's retaliations over the decades.
It can't be a retaliation if they haven't done anything.

Hamas fired some rockets and killed/kidnapped some Israelies.

Nope. Al Qassam did, at the behest of Iran.

Even Wikipedia calls the October 7th attacks Hamas led:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Hamas-led_attack_on_Israel

As to the Al Qassam brigades, they are simply the military wing of Hamas. Again from Wikipedia:
The Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades (abbreviated as IQB;[12][note 1] Arabic: كتائب الشهيد عز الدين القسام, romanized: Katāib al-Shahīd 'izz ad-Dīn al-Qassām [citation needed], lit. 'Battalions of martyr Izz ad-Din al-Qassam'; often shortened to Al-Qassam Brigades[13]), named after Izz ad-Din al-Qassam, is the military wing of the Palestinian organization Hamas.[12][14][15] Currently led by Mohammed Deif, IQB is the largest and best-equipped militant group operating within Gaza today.[12]
Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izz_ad-Din_al-Qassam_Brigades

A hell of a lot less killed/kidnapped then what Israel's death toll on Gaza,

Justice and retribution aren't about matching numbers regardless of who they are. Justice and retribution must be dispensed to those who committed the crime. Obviously, Israel is simply using Iran's attack as an excuse to slaughter Arabs.

I know that you've stuck faithfully to this notion that Iran attacked Israel, but to date, I've seen no hard evidence of this. As a matter of fact, it seems Iran may have only known that Hamas might have been planning something. I've read that the only ones who truly knew the plan were the Hamas leadership that was in Gaza itself. I think this makes sense- nothing like being under the boot of an oppressive regime to encourage violent action.

Arab children who attacked Israel: 0
Dead Arab children: 18,000 and growing

Here we can certainly agree.

but that's been par for the course when it comes to Israel's retaliations over the decades.

It can't be a retaliation if they haven't done anything.

Hamas and other Palestinian resistance groups have killed some Israelies in the past, but the number is almost always much less than the number of Palestinians that Israel kills in retribution. I also think the most important thing to remember is why these Palestinian groups are doing this to begin with, which I think is clearly to create a better life for Palestinians. I'm not saying that they are always employing the best means, but that's another matter.

Even Wikipedia calls the October 7th attacks Hamas led:
You don't do yourself any favors by citing Wikipedia.

As to the Al Qassam brigades, they are simply the military wing of Hamas.
Al Qassam is a militant terrorist group. Al Qassam does not equal Hamas. Israel is not justified in killing "Hamas leaders" just because Al Qassam attacked them. Nobody gets to pin the blame for a crime to anyone not involved in the crime.

Your attempt to impute blame for Iran's attack (that was carried out by Al Qassam) onto "Gazans" by imputing blame via collective punishment is completely immoral. Your attempt to justify Israel's genocide is completely immoral. Iran attacked Israel (via Al Qassam) and if Israel wishes to dispense justice on those who are responsible for the attack, great, they can have at it. The moment they start killing Arabs who never attacked them just because Israelis HATE Arabs, they have crossed the line and should be held accountable.

Wikipedia is not an authoritative source, and is awash in errors and political propaganda, Don't allow others to bend you over furniture and ream you with their disinformation through Wikipedia.

I know that you've stuck faithfully to this notion that Iran attacked Israel, but to date, I've seen no hard evidence of this.
[
I know that you've stuck faithfully to refusing to see the absurdity of your narrative, and that you will not acknowledge that Iran has been responsible for all the attacks against Israel, and that you simply will not recognize that Israel is a RACIST nation that is hell bent on perpetrating the 2nd Nakba against the Arabs in Gaza, because you have some unspoken need to believe that the Gazans are "fighting back" somehow ... but you're wrong.

Who else besides Al Qassam, Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad (i.e. Iran's proxies) has attacked Israel?

As a matter of fact, it seems Iran may have only known that Hamas might have been planning something.
This misconception of yours stems from your deliberate refusal to acknowledge Israel's announcements on the matter when they happened. Israel knows full well the source of the Oct 7th attack and called for others to attack Iran instead of doing so themselves.

I've read that the only ones who truly knew the plan were the Hamas leadership that was in Gaza itself.
... and you read Wikipedia. It was Al Qassam who kept a tight lid on the operation so that no one would find out. Your declaration that "Hamas knew everything" is false and totally self-serving.

Hamas and other Palestinian resistance groups have killed some Israelies in the past,
Al Qassam, Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad have killed Israelis (small numbers, as you have stated) and Israelis, in turn, kill Arabs who never attacked Israel.

I also think the most important thing to remember is why these Palestinian groups are doing this to begin with,
They're not.

... which I think is clearly to create a better life for Palestinians.
Sorry, but that is, in no way, the Ayatollah's motivation for attacking Israel.

Back