Extremely sad news...

he didn't find anything. he's dead now.

people might think I am callous but I find it very important to not diminish the tragedy of this by fairy tale thinking. We aren't going to all die and hang out with beefy in heaven in 20-40 years and have a BBQ. He's gone forever. Death is a one way ticket to nothing.

Eh, your comments on this thread are just as detrimental as Daesh's...

he didn't find anything. he's dead now.

people might think I am callous but I find it very important to not diminish the tragedy of this by fairy tale thinking. We aren't going to all die and hang out with beefy in heaven in 20-40 years and have a BBQ. He's gone forever. Death is a one way ticket to nothing.

You seem awfully certain.

Kindly show everyone the evidence you've compiled that confirms your hypothesis.

no zappas I am not going to get into a prolonged debate in beefys death thread.

I just resent the notion that religious thinking is somehow non-offensive but what I say is offensive. I personally feel the whole 'beefy is in heaven' talk just De-legitimizes the tragedy of what happened. Different perspectives.

I tend to share Grind's thoughts. I see death as the great sleep. The great mythologies are there to comfort us from the fear of the unknown and what greater unknown is there than death?

Personally I find the idea of death being the great sleep quite comforting and a deliverance from this world of pain.

Is there a heaven or hell? I doubt it but hey what ever gives you comfort.

no zappas I am not going to get into a prolonged debate in beefys death thread.

I just resent the notion that religious thinking is somehow non-offensive but what I say is offensive. I personally feel the whole 'beefy is in heaven' talk just De-legitimizes the tragedy of what happened. Different perspectives.

I don't agree with you, but I give you props for your consistency. I am amused by many on this thread that claim they are atheists use religious imagery

The imagery is often for the loved ones, an atheist may say some of these things if they believe it will make others who cared about the decedent feel better.

Who on this thread claims to be an atheist?
I'm an apathist. I'm just not that interested in religion. I consider myself a Christian, believe in God and Christ and though I'm not practicing I consider myself a Methodist as that was the dominant religious philosophy I was brought up with.

Some of the religious though tend to be kind of naïve about others having their enthusiasm and interest in religion and tend to be dismissive of those who are not as interested as "atheist".

I'm an apathist. I'm just not that interested in religion. I consider myself a Christian, believe in God and Christ and though I'm not practicing I consider myself a Methodist as that was the dominant religious philosophy I was brought up with.

Some of the religious though tend to be kind of naïve about others having their enthusiasm and interest in religion and tend to be dismissive of those who are not as interested as "atheist".

I am a firm believer in Jesus but disavow organized religion.
I was raised Catholic but there were too many inconsistant messages.

That's really sad news. Beefy was such a great poster - didn't get hung up on party or anything, and had a great sense of humor. I truly appreciated his perspective.

And from what little I know about his life, he did seem to live it to the fullest.

Last edited:
I just logged in after a very long time. I'm so very sorry to learn about Beefy. Thoughts to all you guys who knew him better than I did.

Thorn.

Back