Faith

That's still a bunch of nonsense. This god would be able to read my intent, no need for all the worship and pleading, he'd simply know.

It doesn't matter if he knows what you want or not. There's the request and the prayer is an offering. It humbles you and the crosses and humility you hold empower it.

It doesn't matter if he knows what you want or not. There's the request and the prayer is an offering. It humbles you and the crosses and humility you hold empower it.

And now we are back to why would this all powerful god want to humble this not so powerful child. Would you really ask your child to beg before you gave him breakfast? I don't know of many who would.

This same Bible that told me that god was love and that love was humble told me that the god that was literally defined as love demanded me to be humble and to beg and worship like the bug I am to the all powerful all knowing god... that same Bible told me that love is not jealous, then told me that god was jealous.... I can go on, but none of this made any sense. Then later I read that I could not question god, because that is "tempting" god. Then I read Job questioning god, but he was righteous...

One of the questions I asked when I was a child was why god would need me to tell him what I needed when he is supposed to know everything, see everything, and be all powerful?

Another I asked is why would this god want us to worship them, my mother doesn't want me to worship her, why would this person that I am supposed to see as a dad want my worship?

Both excellent questions. And why does this loving God answer so few prayers? And why does an omnipotent and omniscient Being have such a weak ego that He needs the worship of such insignificant beings such as us?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

God wants people to come to him because we turned our backs. Prayer is a way to always have other's sake in heart and mind and is an exercise of grace. There's a lot more to it but that is giving you an idea of why without writing you a college lecture worth of stuff.
So the only answer would be a bunch of bull.
We didn't turn our backs on Him. He turned His back on us. He failed Adam and Eve.

Last edited:
Again, why would I need to ask, God already knows my needs, better than I would if you believe the stories of omniscience. He's also psychic and can hear my thoughts. Why must I direct a fake conversation to a sky daddy that already knows what I want or need?

but wouldn't he also know that you didn't care enough about it to ask?......if you don't care enough to want it you probably didn't need it as much as you thought you did.......

Why would this god care if I asked or didn't? Those things would be the same to this entity of all knowing power. And finally what would make this god care about the ape descendants on this dirtball more than the alligator descendants on planet Dwapslab?

first of all, why presume he doesn't care as much for Dwapslab as he does Earth?.......if he cared enough to create them, it might follow that he cares enough to sustain them......and, I think it is presumptuous to take it as a given that all things would be the same to an entity of an all knowing power......he may well know, (being all knowing) that it isn't the same if we live or if we die......that it isn't the same if we ask or don't ask while it is us, who are not all knowing, that don't know the difference.......

You can actually write the word Yahweh without getting killed. This isn't a language with no written vowels.

to be fair, there is actually no word Yahweh in any language......in Hebrew there is only YHWH.......and the earliest forms of written Hebrew had no vowels at all.......they came later as dots and marks beneath the consonants....

Why would an omnipotent and omniscient God care about any of that?

I do not think bible thumpers should berate atheists, and it is incomprehensible to me why some atheists get totally stressed out - even angry - on message boards about Christian spirituality.

Not everyone thinks all knowlege and truth are available to us through reason and direct observation.

Its fine if anyone wants to assume assume metaphysical questions are meaningless and the only ontological reality is accessed through direct observation. That kind of logical positivist approach is fine for those who are drawn to it

On the flip side, a lot of people feel there is a transcendent reality beyond the realm of experimentation and induction, and the metaphysical and existential questions of this life can be accessed through Christian theology, Confucian philosophy, Hindu Brahminism, native American religious traditions, Daoism, et al.

Outside of offensive proselytizing, I do not know why anyone gets stressed about any of it

I do not think bible thumpers should berate atheists, and it is incomprehensible to me why some atheists get totally stressed out - even angry - on message boards about Christian spirituality.

Not everyone thinks all knowlege and truth are available to us through reason and direct observation.

Its fine if anyone wants to assume assume metaphysical questions are meaningless and the only ontological reality is accessed through direct observation. That kind of logical positivist approach is fine for those who are drawn to it

On the flip side, a lot of people feel there is a transcendent reality beyond the realm of experimentation and induction, and the metaphysical and existential questions of this life can be accessed through Christian theology, Confucian philosophy, Hindu Brahminism, native American religious traditions, Daoism, et al.

Outside of offensive proselytizing, I do not know why anyone gets stressed about any of it
It doesn’t bother me what people believe, unless they try to force their belief on me through laws. Some of my best friends are Christians :laugh:

Probably because religion causes problems in the real would. Same reason it upsets people that Fascists are a thing.
Good thing I'm borderline black-pilled so it doesn't bother me too much.

Back