Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

He asked a rhetorical question, one that was met by "aggressive" comments. Therefore, it is heckling.

ROFLMAO... it was not a rhetorical question. Clearly you have not watched the video. Saying 'The second Amendment shall not be infringed' is not aggressive. It is responsive.

Funny the length you will go to continue the complete fabrication of MSNBC.

HELLO? Earth to right wingers, are you there, are you cognizant???

This thread is not about a video. It is about a live hearing. The Chairman of the hearing was not watching a video when he chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room. He was LIVE and IN PERSON to take in all the context of their actions, and ruled accordingly...it was heckling.

LMAO

No, he was not. Heslin asked a question, there was complete silence (edited out by MSNBC), Heslin then commented that no one could answer his question (edited by MSNBC), then they answered it. Then Heslin went on to talk about everyone respecting each others positions (edited out by MSNBC)
I agree...save for the bullshit about MSNBC editing

I agree...save for the bullshit about MSNBC editing

what bullshit?

Video aired by Bashir Monday omitted the challenge, depicting Heslin saying: "Why anybody in this room needs to have ... one of these assault-type weapons or military weapons." At that point, without any pause, the audience member's interjection about the Second Amendment was heard. Heslin's comment about respecting opinions was omitted.
The camera then focused on Bashir, who said, "a father's grief interrupted by the cries of a heckler."

LOL... did you actually listen to the 17 minutes of testimony? They most certainly did not heckle him. MSNBC has admitted to editing the tape...

Are you right wing turds fucking retarded or what? This thread has nothing to do with MSNBC...ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA.

I never saw the MSNBC video. I saw the story from the Connecticut Post on the internet. There are numerous other articles that say Neil Heslin was heckled.

And still, I watched the whole vid on MSNBC. Criticize Bahsir if you want.

yes, MSNBC posted the entire unedited video AFTER they were criticized for editing the version that led to all the 'the evilz NRA heckled a grieving father'... it was the edited version that led to this very thread.

Posting the entire unedited version after the fact doesn't change the fact that he deliberately edited a version to paint the picture he wanted.

Are you right wing turds fucking retarded or what? This thread has nothing to do with MSNBC...ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA.

I never saw the MSNBC video. I saw the story from the Connecticut Post on the internet. There are numerous other articles that say Neil Heslin was heckled.

Well considering MSNBC wrongley/falsely edited the video I would say it does have something to do with MSNBC. And cosidering that the Conneticut Post story was shown to be wrong you might want to reconsider who you are calling fucking retarded less you be forced to look in the mirror.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ar_old_jesse_lewis_heckled_by_gun_rights.html

And another one: CNN's Anderson Cooper deleted an errant tweet and posted a mea culpa: "#SandyHook parent wasn't 'shouted down' as I said in previous tweet. He asked for response and audiences members gave it and were admonished."

Yet, you are too ignorant to comprehend that he was not heckled. You either don't comprehend what heckling is or you are being deliberately dishonest.

For over 15 minutes, Heslin spoke uninterrupted (save the fire alarm). He then asked a question, the audience remained silent (as they were supposed to do), then Heslin repeated his challenge to the audience... THEN a few people said 'Second Amendment/Second Amendment shall not be infringed. That is not heckling. While they were not supposed to respond per decorum, they did at the second issuance of it... and the panel head quickly reminded them to remain silent or he would clear the room.

Yet, you are too ignorant to comprehend that he was not heckled. You either don't comprehend what heckling is or you are being deliberately dishonest.

For over 15 minutes, Heslin spoke uninterrupted (save the fire alarm). He then asked a question, the audience remained silent (as they were supposed to do), then Heslin repeated his challenge to the audience... THEN a few people said 'Second Amendment/Second Amendment shall not be infringed. That is not heckling. While they were not supposed to respond per decorum, they did at the second issuance of it... and the panel head quickly reminded them to remain silent or he would clear the room.

Does a chairman of a hearing threaten to clear the room over legitimate actions? He was not watching MSNBC, he was there, in the flesh. He heard and saw the whole context of the episode. His warning verifies that he deemed it heckling. Numerous other sources came to the same conclusion. Was it blatant, no. Was it heckling, yes.

Does a chairman of a hearing threaten to clear the room over legitimate actions? He was not watching MSNBC, he was there, in the flesh. He heard and saw the whole context of the episode. His warning verifies that he deemed it heckling. Numerous other sources came to the same conclusion. Was it blatant, no. Was it heckling, yes.

you should teach yoga... you appear to be a master at stretching... granted yours goes beyond reality. Sad that you would walk on the graves of those kids in some lame ass attempt to paint your opponents as 'hecklers'

Note: answering a direct question is not heckling.

The chair told them to remain silent because that is what they are supposed to do. They were not supposed to speak, even when asked to do so by Heslin.

i don't know what planet you live on, but here on earth, this is what heckling means:

heck·le (hkl)
tr.v. heck·led, heck·ling, heck·les
1. To try to embarrass and annoy (someone speaking or performing in public) by questions, gibes, or objections; badger.

they merely answered his question after he asked it twice and he goaded them into answering by saying...look no one can answer me...thus, on earth, it was not heckling.

Those "numerous publications" are correct. He was "heckled".

Isn't it funny how the right loves to pull out the semantics card whenever they need to but fail to realize the word "heckle", in it's purest definition, is appropriate here?

Now that we've proven Heslin was heckled, I'd like to ask another question.

Why would the gun nuts show up at a town hall type meeting wearing camo?

You do know that NBC once again pulled editing stunts to try to make somebody look bad, eh?

Yes, right wing hacks like Hannity have tried to dismiss the facts. Can you tell me why there are numerous publications reporting Neil Heslin was heckled? Did the chairman of the hearing watch a tape on MSNBC before he decided it was heckling and threatened to clear the floor???

lol...because left winger sites say it is so, it must be so

even anderson cooper back tracked and said they were not heckled...why can't you do the same?

further, did the chairman say he was heckled? yes or no.

He asked a rhetorical question, one that was met by "aggressive" comments. Therefore, it is heckling.

a rhetorical question is one where a response is not sought, he actively sought a response and in fact, asked his question twice and pointedly said a non answer puzzled him.

no wonder you're too afraid to allow me to post in your threads. you're too stupid to discuss simple things such as a rhetorical quesiton.

you should teach yoga... you appear to be a master at stretching... granted yours goes beyond reality. Sad that you would walk on the graves of those kids in some lame ass attempt to paint your opponents as 'hecklers'

Something you implied this father was doing at the beginning of this thread.

I can guarantee you the last place Mr. Heslin would chose to be is talking about his 6 year old son's violent murder at a hearing on gun violence. I am sure he believes by speaking out against assault type weapons he is honoring his beloved son. An effort to make his son Jesse's life and death meaningful. And to stop other parents from having to face his deep pain.

lol....so the board's liberals started a thread to complain about something that didn't happen, then tried to argue it wasn't relevant that it didn't happen......typical.....

Back