Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

but they are for certain guns..
As they should be. There are already 'well regulated' limits to what you can own. If 30 round magazines are outlawed, as well as assault type weapons, you still have the ability to protect your home with a variety of guns.

Don't claim you can't.

Yes, right wing hacks like Hannity have tried to dismiss the facts. Can you tell me why there are numerous publications reporting Neil Heslin was heckled? Did the chairman of the hearing watch a tape on MSNBC before he decided it was heckling and threatened to clear the floor???

Those "numerous publications" are correct. He was "heckled".
heck·le
/ˈhekəl/
Verb
Interrupt (a public speaker) with derisive or aggressive comments or abuse.
Noun
A heckling comment.

Isn't it funny how the right loves to pull out the semantics card whenever they need to but fail to realize the word "heckle", in it's purest definition, is appropriate here?

Now that we've proven Heslin was heckled, I'd like to ask another question.

Why would the gun nuts show up at a town hall type meeting wearing camo?

Isn't it funny how the right loves to pull out the semantics card whenever they need to but fail to realize the word "heckle", in it's purest definition, is appropriate here?

Now that we've proven Heslin was heckled, I'd like to ask another question.

Why would the gun nuts show up at a town hall type meeting wearing camo?
No, he wasn't. He asked a question, as he turned to the audience. He waited for a response.

The fact that the response was moronic doesn't qualify it as heckling.

No, he wasn't. He asked a question, as he turned to the audience. He waited for a response.

The fact that the response was moronic doesn't qualify it as heckling.

He asked a rhetorical question, one that was met by "aggressive" comments. Therefore, it is heckling.

Yes, right wing hacks like Hannity have tried to dismiss the facts. Can you tell me why there are numerous publications reporting Neil Heslin was heckled? Did the chairman of the hearing watch a tape on MSNBC before he decided it was heckling and threatened to clear the floor???

I have no idea what Hannity said on this issue but I love how MSNBC edit's the video to give the false impression yet one is a 'hack' to state that.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/ar...-for-editing-of-gun-hearing-video-4237326.php

I have no idea what Hannity said on this issue but I love how MSNBC edit's the video to give the false impression yet one is a 'hack' to state that.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/ar...-for-editing-of-gun-hearing-video-4237326.php

HELLO? Earth to right wingers, are you there, are you cognizant???

This thread is not about a video. It is about a live hearing. The Chairman of the hearing was not watching a video when he chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room. He was LIVE and IN PERSON to take in all the context of their actions, and ruled accordingly...it was heckling.

HELLO? Earth to right wingers, are you there, are you cognizant???

This thread is not about a video. It is about a live hearing. The Chairman of the hearing was not watching a video when he chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room. He was LIVE and IN PERSON to take in all the context of their actions, and ruled accordingly...it was heckling.
click my link above, and see if you change your mind.

I felt the audience was baited into answering....moronic answer notwithstanding. It was then that the chair called the meeting to order. But the audience was first CHALLENGED to answer the question.

Watch the vid.

You don't get to use the term 'rhetorical', when he says 'not one person in this room can answer the question'.

That's when the morons commented.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/neil-heslin-father-of-newtown-victim-heckled_n_2572503.html

Yes...you can.

Again, you're using semantics to prove a point when the same thing, semantics, prove mine.

According to the definition of "heckle", he was heckled.

Whether you or I agree with that is a moot point.

Furthermore, in the context of the conversation, it was a rhetorical question. Why else would someone tell the audience commenting wasn't allowed? Each person there had their own time to speak, if warranted.

So this article is wrong?
Does that surprise you? I don't remember if I watched Bashir's segment, or suffered through the Sharpton show after. I was working in the house, and stopped to watch the video. It had everything that my link above provides. It's possible that Bashir (who I think was absent) chose to edit the video. That doesn't mean it was MSNBC's policy to only air part of it.

Yes...you can.

Again, you're using semantics to prove a point when the same thing, semantics, prove mine.

Furthermore, in the context of the conversation, it was a rhetorical question. Why else would someone tell the audience commenting wasn't allowed? Each person there had their own time to speak, if warranted.
did you watch my vid?

click my link above, and see if you change your mind.

I felt the audience was baited into answering....moronic answer notwithstanding. It was then that the chair called the meeting to order. But the audience was first CHALLENGED to answer the question.

Watch the vid.

I have seen the whole video. The Chairman probably heard a lot more than is audible on the video. He chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room.

Yes...you can.

A rhetorical question is one that doesn't require, nor request an answer. For him to say 'nobody here can answer the question', removes it from the category 'rhetorical'.

I have seen the whole video. The Chairman probably heard a lot more than is audible on the video. He chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room.
Yes...but only after the audience was directly challenged to answer.

LOL... did you actually listen to the 17 minutes of testimony? They most certainly did not heckle him. MSNBC has admitted to editing the tape...

No, he was not. Heslin asked a question, there was complete silence (edited out by MSNBC), Heslin then commented that no one could answer his question (edited by MSNBC), then they answered it. Then Heslin went on to talk about everyone respecting each others positions (edited out by MSNBC)

Back