FBI releases 2007 crime statistics

I was just trying to pull an Asshat on you Darla! Of course you should be able to shoot em!

I've been looking at the unbelievable stats in Alaska for violent crimes against women, in an attempt to get a handle what it is that Ms. Palin wants to "do for the women of America, and I'm in a foul mood! Shoot the fuckers!

I've been looking at the unbelievable stats in Alaska for violent crimes against women, in an attempt to get a handle what it is that Ms. Palin wants to "do for the women of America, and I'm in a foul mood! Shoot the fuckers!

I don't know what it is about rural areas, but every time I've seen statistics for them the rape and domestic abuse rates are sky high. Even in Canada, they have like double our rape rate, and in Alaska it's more than double the mainlands rate. What's worse is that in those small towns, when it happens, the people usually side with the rapist against the woman. And then you have anti-rape victim mayors like Sarah Palin, who charges rape victims for their own rape kits.

The obsession with those hunks of metal is due to the knowledge of them.

If you are fond of any activity, the superior tools of that activity will develop a following.

A well made firearm is a thing of beauty. The fine wood, the blued metal, the level of fit & finish are artistic endeavors.

There are a handful of developments that have changed the way firearms have worked and been made. The Mauser rifle, the Colt revolver, all of John Browning's inventions, and more are historic achievements that are reflected in modern guns.

If you don't care for firearms thats fine. But ridiculing those who enjoy the historic and artistic value of them is a waste of time. We still admire whate we admire.

I don't know what it is about rural areas, but every time I've seen statistics for them the rape and domestic abuse rates are sky high. Even in Canada, they have like double our rape rate, and in Alaska it's more than double the mainlands rate. What's worse is that in those small towns, when it happens, the people usually side with the rapist against the woman. And then you have anti-rape victim mayors like Sarah Palin, who charges rape victims for their own rape kits.

Exactly Water. And the only spending Alaska did on programs for women victims of violence, were with federal dollars that they got from the VAWA, which John McCain voted against twice.

A woman in the executive seat of a state with a rape rate 2 and a 1/2 times the national average, and where men murder women at twice the rate, and she did nothing.

I know that top has been following me around calling me the c word like a deranged midget, everytime I say something negative about Palin...but I took a look at what she's done for women, and I said, Thanks, But No Thanks.

I am all for abused women being able to shoot the men who think its ok to lay their hands on them.

Any woman who is hit, raped or abused should have a free pass to put a bullet between her abuser's eyes. Or put a bullet into his nutsack.

While I am not, stictly speaking, a con, I am adamant about preserving my right to own guns.

The trillion dollar war should never have been started, and is a mistake. The economic situationa and the bailouts could have been avoided.

But neither of those situations changes the fact that there are those who would take away my rights to own guns.

I've lived in half a dozen states, and I've been in probably 40 states.

And I've never been anywhere where owning a gun was illegal. There's a few cases of local, municipal restrictions on the types of ammo and types of guns one can buy.

And I've never, personally, heard a single american talking about taking away a right to own guns.

I understand being able to have the choice to buy an AK-47, or a 9-mm baretta is a huge issue to some people.

Its pretty far down on my list of priorities.

I've lived in half a dozen states, and I've been in probably 40 states.

And I've never been anywhere where owning a gun was illegal. There's a few cases of local, municipal restrictions on the types of ammo and types of guns one can buy.

And I've never, personally, heard a single american talking about taking away a right to own guns.

I understand being able to have the choice to buy an AK-47, or a 9-mm baretta is a huge issue to some people.

Its pretty far down on my list of priorities.

As Epi said, some people have different priorities.

And there are those who would restrict the ownership of firearms to hunters, and they would have to check their rifles in and out of a government armory. There are plenty of people who would see the private ownership of handguns abolished.

Luckily, I have lived most of my life in places with fairly reasonable gun laws. But those laws did not come about and remain in force because people were silent. They came about because people voiced their opinions and pressed their rights.

As Epi said, some people have different priorities.

And there are those who would restrict the ownership of firearms to hunters, and they would have to check their rifles in and out of a government armory. There are plenty of people who would see the private ownership of handguns abolished.

Luckily, I have lived most of my life in places with fairly reasonable gun laws.

You mean you've lived in the UK most of your life?

If the 2nd Amendment were any less explicit in the Constitution, we would already be a disarmed populace thanks to idiots like Watermark.

Back