FBI releases 2007 crime statistics

Not according to the Supreme Court.

And not according to most contitutional scholars. The Bill of Rights was not written to guarantee the rights of states. They were written to guarantee the rights of the people of this country.

Florida is a perfect example of what happens to a perfectly good place if you let Republicans rule too long. Even Mississippi is more reasonable.

One problem with your theory, and that is that the violent crime rate in Florida is lower than its been in several decades.

There are more gun owners than ever, and a lower rate of violent crime than ever.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me.

One problem with your theory, and that is that the violent crime rate in Florida is lower than its been in several decades.

There are more gun owners than ever, and a lower rate of violent crime than ever.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me.

As I've stated before, crime is the lowest it's been in several decades in practically every industrialized nation in the world. The US, and particularly gun loving southern states, are notable for having some of the highest rates.

Not according to the supreme court of the past two years. It has been according to every other supreme court in US history.

Please tell me when the US Supreme court has ruled that the 2 amendment was a collective right?

They have not addressed the 2nd amendment since 1935. And even then they didn't rule that it was supposed to address the rights of states to arm militias.

As I've stated before, crime is the lowest it's been in several decades in practically every industrialized nation in the world. The US, however, is notable for having some of the highest rates.

But our violent crimes per capita rates have been dropping faster than England or Australia's. (two nations that have instituted very strict gun regulations)

But our violent crimes per capita rates have been dropping faster than England or Australia's. (two nations that have instituted very strict gun regulations)

There are a thousand different correlations that you could make Solitary. The fact is that violent crime just doesn't correlate with gun ownership. Gun ownership has always been high in the US.

There are a thousand different correlations that you could make Solitary. The fact is that violent crime just doesn't correlate with gun ownership. Gun ownership has always been high in the US.

WM, you can offer no evidence that restricting gun ownership results in lower violent crime rates.

I can offer numerous case studies that show less restrictions on gun ownership results in lower crime rates.

Not according to the supreme court of the past two years. It has been according to every other supreme court in US history.

I'm still waiting for you to explain when the US Supreme Court ruled differently than it did recently.

Back