Ferraro: Obama camp 'did it to hurt Hillary'

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/14/ferraro-obama-camp-did-it-to-hurt-hillary/

In an interview Thursday with CNN affiliate WJAR in Providence, Rhode Island, the onetime vice presidential candidate also said the Obama campaign made a mistake in taking aim at her remarks.

"I do think this was a mistake on part of the Obama campaign," she said. "They didn't have to do this, and they did it to hurt Hillary. I just think that's bad. I think it's bad business, and I think it's bad politics.

This b!tch is delusional.

hillary and her surrogates have been pulling this crap the entire campaign so far. They pulled the trigger to make race an issue and somehow think they can spin it and it may work for some..

if anything what clintons doing now in her attempt to seize power is dividing the dem party and pumping up the pub party for the general.

She's got some nerve. SHE is the one that brings race into it and when Obama, takes the high road in his response to her blatent racist ignorance she thinks its his fault? what was he supposed to do? Rollover and say, yeah ms. ferrero, you're right? Exactly what did she want to happen?

to put it simply.. we are in deep shit if Hillary wins white house. shed be the most corrupt president since Nixon.

My favorite part is her continued insistence that the Obama camp turns every criticism into a "racial thing," when her comment was specifically about how lucky he was to be a BLACK MAN.

My 2nd favorite part is her repeated use of the "sexist" claim regarding attacks on her & Hillary, which would seem to contradict, or at least reveal a double-standard, on her feelings regarding the 1st part.

My favorite part is her continued insistence that the Obama camp turns every criticism into a "racial thing," when her comment was specifically about how lucky he was to be a BLACK MAN.

My 2nd favorite part is her repeated use of the "sexist" claim regarding attacks on her & Hillary, which would seem to contradict, or at least reveal a double-standard, on her feelings regarding the 1st part.

The entire thing was assinine. I'm actually shocked that someone so ignorant has amde it that far in life.

hmm wonder who leaked those vids.
Who cares?

I wonder if it were equal and opposite how long any R candidate would survive a campaign with the pastor of their church preaching like that. USKKKA? That sure brings us all together and promotes the brotherhood of Christianity...

It sure wouldn't be a question of "who leaked that", it would be how fast the party could get as far away as possible.

"I wonder if it were equal and opposite how long any R candidate would survive a campaign with the pastor of their church preaching like that. USKKKA? That sure brings us all together and promotes the brotherhood of Christianity..."

I don't know that there is too much of a double-standard here. McCain got an endorsement from someone who was just as outrageous as Farkhan, but he was a "Christian," so the media ignored it.

I know this isn't the same situation, and that this guy was actually Obama's pastor, but if there was a worse standard for Republicans, there should have been just as much of a flap about that guy as there was about Farakhan, no?

I think it has more to do with the questions about Obama's religion & "love for America," and this story plays right into doubts about both...

id be scared to listen to bush's paster.. Its bad enough listening to the rubbish in the catholic church.

"I wonder if it were equal and opposite how long any R candidate would survive a campaign with the pastor of their church preaching like that. USKKKA? That sure brings us all together and promotes the brotherhood of Christianity..."

I don't know that there is too much of a double-standard here. McCain got an endorsement from someone who was just as outrageous as Farkhan, but he was a "Christian," so the media ignored it.

I know this isn't the same situation, and that this guy was actually Obama's pastor, but if there was a worse standard for Republicans, there should have been just as much of a flap about that guy as there was about Farakhan, no?

I think it has more to do with the questions about Obama's religion & "love for America," and this story plays right into doubts about both...
I think it has to do with the pastor of the church, and the theme of the church he has been a member of for 20 years. There is no way he could miss this. Shoot, this is the pastor he kicked off of making the invocation at his announcement at the beginning of his campaign the night before after much strenuous objection from staffers.

I think it has to do with the pastor of the church, and the theme of the church he has been a member of for 20 years. There is no way he could miss this. Shoot, this is the pastor he kicked off of making the invocation at his announcement at the beginning of his campaign the night before after much strenuous objection from staffers.

Yeah, it is the first poor judgment that I have really seen out of him. As a supporter, I hope the story dies quickly. I don't think, beyond that initial judgment, that it has much to do with Obama; what the guy is saying does not reflect his views in any way (and I won't even add a Hillary'esque "as far as I know). But it doesn't look good for him, and will scare away a lot of fence sitters.

The guy is a real idiot, though....

well Obama has said he does not agree with Wright on every religious or political issue. Can anyone who goes to church on this board say they agree with everything there priest says? LOL if so then you must be sin free people.

Back