Ferraro: Obama camp 'did it to hurt Hillary'

Ron Paul said the same things, in a less colorful, and more restrained way.

The muslim radicals are attacking us, because we attacked muslim nations.

The drug war, has been an unjust war on black america.

The prison culture, where we house millions of non-violent offenders, is an affront to a civilized democratic nation.

Obama's preecher doesn't bother me. Should it? I listened to the stuff and wasn't offended.

I think it will really hurt him in the General election though. Republicans are really sensitive about black people rising up.

Obama's preecher doesn't bother me. Should it? I listened to the stuff and wasn't offended.

I think it will really hurt him in the General election though. Republicans are really sensitive about black people rising up.

It's basically angry-black-man by association. Republicans (and lots of white people actually) really don't like the angry black man.

well Obama has said he does not agree with Wright on every religious or political issue. Can anyone who goes to church on this board say they agree with everything there priest says? LOL if so then you must be sin free people.
There is no way I'd go to a church for 20 years as a member with pastors that spoke this way.

It's basically angry-black-man by association. Republicans (and lots of white people actually) really don't like the angry black man.
It is more than angry black man.

This is a man who has run a campaign based on bringing us together while he attends a church where the pulpit teaches a divide larger than any that already exists.

It's all perception, and association. It just looks bad, and might stoke doubts people have about Obama.

I actually had no problem with his anti-war/WMD rhetoric. The thing that bothered me was his Monica Lewinsky comment, complete with visual depiction - there were kids in that crowd. That's totally uncool; the guy should not be a pastor.

It's all perception, and association. It just looks bad, and might stoke doubts people have about Obama.

I actually had no problem with his anti-war/WMD rhetoric. The thing that bothered me was his Monica Lewinsky comment, complete with visual depiction - there were kids in that crowd. That's totally uncool; the guy should not be a pastor.
Right. I guarantee you if I was a member of a church that preached the equal and opposite there would be no way that I would ever be considered for candidacy. Not even close.

It is more than angry black man.

This is a man who has run a campaign based on bringing us together while he attends a church where the pulpit teaches a divide larger than any that already exists.

You and I don't know what its like to be black in america. Pointing out the oppression of black america, and the fact that US policy of supporting terrorist regimes and dictators causes blowback on us, is factually true. Ron Paul would agree with it, though he would use more tactful language.

The fact that factually true statements frighten white people, says more about us, than it does about his church.

You and I don't know what its like to be black in america. Pointing out the oppression of black america, and the fact that US policy of supporting terrorist regimes and dictators causes blowback on us, is factually true. Ron Paul would agree with it, though he would use more tactful language.

The fact that factually true statements frighten white people, says more about us, than it does about his church.
While I don't know what it is like to be black in America, I do know racism when I hear it. Language designed to divide is not a powerful "good" regardless of what it was like to be black in America, and language designed to divide by race very much isn't.

We can talk about "factually true" statements using statistics that would very much be racism. Shoot, I'll bet I can go to a skinhead site and read some of those statistics.

While I don't know what it is like to be black in America, I do know racism when I hear it. Language designed to divide is not a powerful "good" regardless of what it was like to be black in America, and language designed to divide by race very much isn't.

Unless, of course, we're talking about religion and Muslims. Then it's OK.

We can talk about "factually true" statements using statistics that would very much be racism. Shoot, I'll bet I can go to a skinhead site and read some of those statistics.

Well, we disagree.

I wouldn't use his colorful language. But, I wasn't offended by it. And I found the core assertions to be factually true. The drug war has been an unjust assualt that primarily affect black americans, our prison culture is an affront to a just society, and our foreign policy has a habit of pissing some people off and making enemies.

Well, we disagree.

I wouldn't use his colorful language. But, I wasn't offended by it. And I found the core assertions to be factually true. The drug war has been an unjust assualt that primarily affect black americans, our prison culture is an affront to a just society, and our foreign policy has a habit of pissing some people off and making enemies.
We can disagree. I think we only disagree because you see the D by his name and that blocks out all negative regardless of what it might be. Racism... It's okay because it isn't the same as THEM....

I took the time to check out the videos. I am no prophet but I think this will be a problem for Obama unless he can find a way to distance himself from this man. I can see the republicans taking this ball and running with it all the way to the end zone in November.........and I don't know which worries me more....McCain, Obama or Clinton????

We can disagree. I think we only disagree because you see the D by his name and that blocks out all negative regardless of what it might be. Racism... It's okay because it isn't the same as THEM....

If he said "kill whitey", or "kill white christians" that would be offensive. He didn't.

McCain's self proclaimed "spiritual advisor" said we should wage war on islam and destroy it. That's offensive.

If he said "kill whitey", or "kill white christians" that would be offensive. He didn't.

McCain's self proclaimed "spiritual advisor" said we should wage war on islam and destroy it. That's offensive.
So, If I don't promote "killing" <insert race here> but do promote a divide based on their skin color it is okay with you? Whether or not you find it offensive doesn't matter to me, whether it is racism does. There are some who wouldn't find some skinhead site offensive, that doesn't change that it is racist.

It is clearly racism designed to divide by race not to promote any sort of unity. If I used the "mark of Cain" portions of the bible to promote some sort of racist crap as some have done in the past, it doesn't matter if I don't promote their death it is still racist.

So, If I don't promote "killing" <insert race here> but do promote a divide based on their skin color it is okay with you? Whether or not you find it offensive doesn't matter to me, whether it is racism does. There are some who wouldn't find some skinhead site offensive, that doesn't change that it is racist.

It is clearly racism designed to divide by race not to promote any sort of unity. If I used the "mark of Cain" portions of the bible to promote some sort of racist crap as some have done in the past, it doesn't matter if I don't promote their death it is still racist.

I think he's more calling attention to the one-sided nature of the coverage of the candidates and the religious figures they associate with and actively court for endorsement.

Obama is front page news because his pastor has said offensive things. Meanwhile. McCain is touring the country courting evangelical leaders that promote the destruction of Islam, all Islam, and want to invade Iran to bring on the Rapture will Israel awash in blood and it gets a shrug, if that.

I think he's more calling attention to the one-sided nature of the coverage of the candidates and the religious figures they associate with and actively court for endorsement.

Obama is front page news because his pastor has said offensive things. Meanwhile. McCain is touring the country courting evangelical leaders that promote the destruction of Islam, all Islam, and want to invade Iran to bring on the Rapture will Israel awash in blood and it gets a shrug, if that.
I understand what he is saying, but that doesn't excuse racism from a pulpit as "Okay" because "I wouldn't use such 'flowery' language."

Which of the evangelical pastors traveling with McCain (as far as I know none of them travel with McCain and he has never been a member of any of their churches, McCain has never promoted them as their spiritual leader and doesn't give them money as a member) promote the killing of every Muslim?

If Obama was just seeking this man's vote and endorsement I wouldn't care at all. Hence no posts on the endorsement or support of Farrakhan. Seeking their support is not the same as becoming a member of their church and making them your personal spiritual leader.

I understand what he is saying, but that doesn't excuse racism from a pulpit as "Okay" because "I wouldn't use such 'flowery' language."

Which of the evangelical pastors traveling with McCain (as far as I know none of them travel with McCain and he has never been a member of any of their churches, McCain has never promoted them as their spiritual leader and doesn't give them money as a member) promote the killing of every Muslim?

First of all, you really need to learn to read more closely.

Second, start with Rod Parsley.

If Obama was just seeking this man's vote and endorsement I wouldn't care at all. Hence no posts on the endorsement or support of Farrakhan. Seeking their support is not the same as becoming a member of their church and making them your personal spiritual leader.

I like your update. It's nice arbitrary line-drawing that allows you to give McCain a pass. I expect as much from you.

Back