First voter fraud arrest made in Ontario

With this guy, he's actually defrauding real people who intend to vote.

This guy isn't causing anyone not to be able to vote. Whether you are registered as a R, D or I you still vote for the same Presidential candidates, same state ballot measures etc. No one here is having their right to vote taken away.

You mean, other than the fact that real people are being defrauded in this scheme whereas with ACORN no real people are impacted at all?
What is the real impact to these people? Will they be able to vote? Is it easy to correct if they show up at the Primary and are given a wrong ballot?

To both of these the answer is "yes". I see no real "impact" to the voter. The only thing that would impact them negatively in such a way to disenfranchise them would be to not send it in.

Again, I am not defending his action, just giving an assessment of the capacity to cause harm by the various forms of registration fraud.

What is the real impact to these people? Will they be able to vote? Is it easy to correct if they show up at the Primary and are given a wrong ballot?

To both of these the answer is "yes". I see no real "impact" to the voter. The only thing that would impact them negatively in such a way to disenfranchise them would be to not send it in.

They'll be able to vote in the Presidential election, sure. But it will impact their ability to vote in future primaries.

LMAO... that is truly a lame excuse. They are real people that ACORN fraudelently registered in the state of Nevada.

You're just too retarded to understand the difference between defrauding real voters and making up a list of names of people that don't even live in your state and who will never ever be affected by the fake registration.

LMAO... that is truly a lame excuse. They are real people that ACORN fraudelently registered in the state of Nevada.
And it had about as much impact to them as this will to these voters. The guy sent himself to court by being criminally stupid, but didn't create victims to a great degree. It isn't hard to correct a miscreated party affiliation.

They'll be able to vote in the Presidential election, sure. But it will impact their ability to vote in future primaries.
Which I spoke to. It is easily corrected, and in CO for sure, easily seen even on election day when you sign the book. The "victimization" is minimal, easily cured, and will not disenfranchise any voters.

And it had about as much impact to them as this will to these voters. The guy sent himself to court by being criminally stupid, but didn't create victims to a great degree. It isn't hard to correct a miscreated party affiliation.

Unless, of course, you don't know about it and try to vote in a primary election and are told that you aren't a registered democrat or unaffiliated voter and are promptly disenfranchised.

Registering the Cowboys offensive line has no impact on them whatsoever.

Yes, I am aware of that. I was responding to wiseguys claim that Acorn was only doing it to fake people.

Which I spoke to. It is easily corrected, and in CO for sure, easily seen even on election day when you sign the book. The "victimization" is minimal, easily cured, and will not disenfranchise any voters.

How many times do I have to remind you that just because you say something doesn't make it true? Do some research on California election law and get back to me. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Unless, of course, you don't know about it and try to vote in a primary election and are told that you aren't a registered democrat or unaffiliated voter and are promptly disenfranchised.

If they vote in this upcoming election and are somehow unable to see the affiliation by their name and go to the primary, it is still easy to correct.

I am able to correct that by simply calling the County Clerk as an Election Judge.

Your arguments are weak, these people are minimally effected by this. They will not be disenfranchised by this in any way.

Ok, since you and wiseguy are so eager to defend ACORNS fraud with the Cowboys line... then how about you explain the issue in Missouri where they were registering people multiple times? THAT effects the voters directly.

Bottom line, both situations are bullshit and illegal, ACORN and the Rep that Desh mentions. Both companies committed registration fraud.

How many times do I have to remind you that just because you say something doesn't make it true? Do some research on California election law and get back to me. You have no clue what you are talking about.
Hence I said CO...

Please Mr. Disingenuous, tell me all about the law in CA and how much more difficult it is to change affiliation in an open primary state.

Please, tell me how they can't vote the ballot they wish in a Primary that allows you to, well, vote the ballot that you wish...

:rolleyes:

Check into it yourself and get back to me. These voters would be unaffected by this in that matter as well.

Ok, since you and wiseguy are so eager to defend ACORNS fraud with the Cowboys line... then how about you explain the issue in Missouri where they were registering people multiple times? THAT effects the voters directly.

Bottom line, both situations are bullshit and illegal, ACORN and the Rep that Desh mentions. Both companies committed registration fraud.
Yup. In many places duplicate registrations can be removed from the books. In this case ACORN may have caused disenfranchisement.

If they vote in this upcoming election and are somehow unable to see the affiliation by their name and go to the primary, it is still easy to correct.

I am able to correct that by simply calling the County Clerk as an Election Judge.

Your arguments are weak, these people are minimally effected by this. They will not be disenfranchised by this in any way.

You're full of shit. You don't know California election law. You don't know that California primary system.

You assume a whole hell of a lot. It's a shame it's all horseshit.

You're full of shit. You don't know California election law. You don't know that California primary system.

You assume a whole hell of a lot. It's a shame it's all horseshit.
Yo. Dumbo. In 1998 Californians participated in their first "Open" primary that allows them to vote the ballot they wish.

They would not be disenfranchised by this.

Yup. In CO, and everywhere, duplicate registrations can be removed from the books. In this case ACORN likely caused disenfranchisement.

Again, you don't know Missouri election law. You can maybe speak competently about Colorado election law, but that's about it.

Yo. Dumbo. In 1998 Californians participated in their first "Open" primary that allows them to vote the ballot they wish.

They would not be disenfranchised by this.

Surely Mr. Election Law expert is familiar with the holding of California Democratic Party, et. al. v. Jones decided by the Supreme Court of the United States of America in June of 2000 which declared that the California "open" primary violated the Constitution of the United States of America. Right?

Here's a link:

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=CASE&court=US&vol=530&page=567

And he had the balls to call me "Dumbo" on top of it.

Dickhead.

Surely Mr. Election Law expert is familiar with the holding of California Democratic Party, et. al. v. Jones decided by the Supreme Court of the United States of America in June of 2000 which declared that the California "open" primary violated the Constitution of the United States of America. Right?

Here's a link:

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=CASE&court=US&vol=530&page=567

And he had the balls to call me "Dumbo" on top of it.

Dickhead.
Surely you know about the Federal requirement of Provisional Ballots?

That requirement is uniform throughout all the states. And the Election Judges would count her Provisional as well. Do you know why?

They'd see that the person did not vote the regular ballot and only changed affiliation on the form, then they'd cast the ballot. There would be no cause to not count the ballot.

But heck, you can keep speaking out your behind on this one and pretend that they'd be somehow magically disenfranchised by this.

They won't be. It just won't happen because of an affiliation letter. Too often mistakes can be made, even without fraud, so corrections are built in.

And yes, experience helps. Such provisions are built in at every place I ever voted, including CA (Yes, in the Navy I worked as an election judge too. I've done it since I have been able.)

Honestly, the most likely disenfranchisement would occur with those with duplicate registrations done by ACORN. At the very least these people could cast Provisional Ballots that would be counted so long as they didn't try to cast their regular ballot as well.

Back