Food Rationing Confronts Breadbasket of the World

I'm a rubber meets the road guy freak.
And neither one of you can point me to a profitable company making it happen.
I sure hope we can get their quickly cuase it will be ugly otherwise.
It's a gynourmous issue and requires nothing less than a Kennedy'esque trip to the moon type thing assuming the lock down on billions of bbls of oil.
I don't see anything remotely close to that kind of effort under way.

The trap has be set, hopefully you don't feel the bear claws to tight. LOFL
Ok guy's time for you to start reading. Oil imports are going up not down. Domestic production is falling by several % each year. All alternatives are well below 5%. Do the math.
How long have alternates been seriously pursued? Switching is not going to happen over night. But once the switch begins in earnest (which is what is happening) then the movement to switch over will grow, and grow rapidly. How rapidly it grows will be exponentially proportional to the rate oil prices increase.

At the current rate of oil price increases, the price per BTU of oil derived energy will surpass the price per BTU of cellulosic ethanol energy in less than 4 years. Assuming that the current price increase rates do continue over the next 4 years, then cellulosic ethanol will become favored. Companies will be crawling over each other to build more production facilities. Those who have the foresight to invest in cellulosic ethanol production NOW will be 4 years ahead of any competition that is waiting for the pricing to be equitable.

Alternatives have been sought for 100yrs.
And cellulosic is not being used in earnest right now.
10 yrs from now we'll still be importing 50% of our oil, hopefully in 20 we won't.

Back