Football After Superbowl! New XFL: Exciting Football League, If POTUS Stays OUT...

PoliTalker

Diversity Makes Greatness
Now, you don't have to stop watching Pro Football after the Superbowl. An exciting new Pro Football league has started up called the XFL. It has 8 teams and the schedule runs through the end of April.

XFL

There have been other Pro Football startups designed to pick up where the NFL leaves off. All have failed for various reasons, including one that was wrecked by you-know-who. Will this league finally solve all the problems and gain a foothold? One of the previous startups was called the USFL. Guess who bought one of the teams, and guess who was blamed for the demise of the entire league?

"Trump is widely blamed for the demise of the USFL

Soon after Trump bought the Generals after the USFL's inaugural season, which was played in the spring of 1983, he started pushing his fellow owners to move the league's games to the fall and go head-to-head with the NFL. "If God wanted football in the spring," Trump once said, "he wouldn't have created baseball." After the league's third season, the owners agreed to move to a fall schedule in 1986.

"I think it was a big mistake," said Dr. Ted Diethrich, one of the league's original owners. "When that decision was made, the course for this was charted, and it was going to be a wreck."

Several teams were having financial difficulties at the time, and the league lacked the fall TV contracts that supported the NFL. The USFL instead tried to take on the NFL in the courts by filing an antitrust lawsuit. The hope was that the USFL would either merge with the established league or win a sizable settlement. The merger never happened, and despite winning the lawsuit, the USFL was ultimately awarded only $3 for its troubles. The league soon folded, and Trump's push for the fall schedule and a lawsuit against the NFL is generally cited as the main reason."

Another Football League Besides The NFL Was Killed By POTUS And Another One Of His Failed Business Ideas

The impeached one has had lots of bad business ideas.

This is only one.

Sure is nice to be able to keep watching football after the Superbowl is done!

I like the new XFL.

I hope it sticks around and expands.

The impeached one has had lots of bad business ideas.

This is only one.

Sure is nice to be able to keep watching football after the Superbowl is done!

I like the new XFL.

I hope it sticks around and expands.
Keep us posted:) You and the President are liking the XFL...who would have thought? Are you buddies with Vince, as well?
I'm glad to see players getting the opportunity...and No Kneeling Allowed;)

I became an NFL fan after dear leader told us to boycott the NFL.

It seems like it is all over too quick. I missed football after the Superbowl.

I'm glad to see a new league spring up.

And I like the rule changes.

NO KNEELING. Great rule!

That was some darn good football last weekend.

I am enjoying this new league.

I hope Potus stays out of it so it can become a success.

The worst thing about the Superbowl is knowing that is the end of football until the fall.

Why weren't you a fan before? Is the attraction the politics of contemptuous displays toward America? If so, you should become an NBA fan, after LeBron defended the Chinese CP from the Houston Rockets GM.

DT has had so many bad business ideas. Lost so much money.

Too bad he had to kill the USFL.

Look how long it took to get another attempt at spring football going.

Hopefully he won't have anything to do with this one.

XFL players have to sign an agreement in the beginning about no political protests.

Wouldn't want anybody spreading it around how they feel about the football team owner that screwed everything up for a lot of people. Nor talking about what he's been up to lately.

Keep us posted:) You and the President are liking the XFL...who would have thought? Are you buddies with Vince, as well?
I'm glad to see players getting the opportunity...and No Kneeling Allowed;)

No Constitutional rights!You're all for that!

Why weren't you a fan before? Is the attraction the politics of contemptuous displays toward America? If so, you should become an NBA fan, after LeBron defended the Chinese CP from the Houston Rockets GM.

You don't understand what America is about,or how it was founded on protest for human rights!
Tea in the harbor motherfucker!

Hello M. V. Mason,

Minor league football,yawn

Definitely professional level football.

The only reason the play may seem less amazing is that we just watched the best of the best in the Superbowl. Anything else is going to look like lessor teams.

In the XFL, Houston is unbeaten. There has been some extraordinary play.

Who doesn't give up Constitutional rights to get a job?

Try making a kneeling protest while serving in the military.

Try bringing your gun to work in the courtroom.

Try exercising your right to free speech by taking a political stand in class as a teacher.

Try exercising your right to be free of a search of your bodily fluids and getting a job where a drug test is required.

You can hardly work anywhere without giving up your Constitutional rights.

Hello M. V. Mason,

Definitely professional level football.

The only reason the play may seem less amazing is that we just watched the best of the best in the Superbowl. Anything else is going to look like lessor teams.

In the XFL, Houston is unbeaten. There has been some extraordinary play.

Who doesn't give up Constitutional rights to get a job?

Try making a kneeling protest while serving in the military.

Try bringing your gun to work in the courtroom.

Try exercising your right to free speech by taking a political stand in class as a teacher.

Try exercising your right to be free of a search of your bodily fluids and getting a job where a drug test is required.

You can hardly work anywhere without giving up your Constitutional rights.

Good post,I never once took a drug test to get a job!My rights came first!
Actions have consequences.

Actually really woke people boycott the NFL over the league being racist and black balling Kaepernick.

There have been multiple football leagues in between the USFL and the current edition of the XFL including the AFL and a previous version of the XFL.

Actually really woke people boycott the NFL over the league being racist and black balling Kaepernick.

There have been multiple football leagues in between the USFL and the current edition of the XFL including the AFL and a previous version of the XFL.

Fans Against Intercepted Passes?

It wasn't so much the league being racist, and I don't think the league blackballed Kaperdick, I'd say the owners didn't want to piss off the general fanbase by hiring someone who stirred controversy and disrespected our flag. He did have his chance to return, but his own greediness and disorganization doomed any further NFL opportunity.

And then there's this when the XFL reached out to Kap's representatives;
"... Luck didn’t name Kaepernick’s asking price, but Kaepernick reportedly told officials with the now-defunct Alliance of American Football last year that he wanted $20 million a season.
Fox Business reported that the average XFL player will earn about $55,000 for the 10-week regular season, but marquee players could make up to $500,000."
https://ijr.com/xfl-commissioner-kaepernick-salary-demands-too-high/

I hope this XFL makes it. The GF and I have been watching and it is pretty good overall. It will end in the spring so it shouldn't lose it's fans to "spring fever."

It wasn't so much the league being racist, and I don't think the league blackballed Kaperdick, I'd say the owners didn't want to piss off the general fanbase by hiring someone who stirred controversy and disrespected our flag. He did have his chance to return, but his own greediness and disorganization doomed any further NFL opportunity.

And then there's this when the XFL reached out to Kap's representatives;
"... Luck didn’t name Kaepernick’s asking price, but Kaepernick reportedly told officials with the now-defunct Alliance of American Football last year that he wanted $20 million a season.
Fox Business reported that the average XFL player will earn about $55,000 for the 10-week regular season, but marquee players could make up to $500,000."
https://ijr.com/xfl-commissioner-kaepernick-salary-demands-too-high/

I hope this XFL makes it. The GF and I have been watching and it is pretty good overall. It will end in the spring so it shouldn't lose it's fans to "spring fever."

I'm not saying the league was being racist. I'm saying that's what the woke position claims.

To me, the better the player you are and the more you produce the more you are allowed to "get away with" for lack of a better term. If Kaep were winning Super Bowl's he'd be on a team, kneeling and all. But for a guy with a declining skill set he wasn't worth the hassle that came with it.

Back