Football After Superbowl! New XFL: Exciting Football League, If POTUS Stays OUT...

Hello M. V. Mason,

1: Agreed.

2: Purposely.

If the XFL tried to compete with the NFL (as DT stupidly forced the USFL to do,) the XFL would lose. That is why the XFL chose to avoid going head to head with the NFL, chose to dovetail it's season in after the end of the NFL with the Superbowl. Many football fans go through withdrawals after the Superbowl. There was nothing! Now, thankfully, there is football after the Superbowl. Time will tell if this is viable. I hope it survives.

One thing is certain. If the XFL survives, the play will get better. It's not like the chosen few NFL players are the only people who can play excellent football. The more experience these teams have, the better they will get.

They will never get top players without top salaries

Hello M. V. Mason,

Different time and place!
The question should be ,did the
AFL start with top salaries for the players!
Yes!

Yes, a different situation.

The AFL was added to fill demand for the NFL, playing in the same season. It was later incorporated into the NFL after it became successful.

The whole reason for the XFL is to extend the season.

I bet if the NFL wanted to talk about having a new spring season, they could have gone there. But they didn't, so they left a hole in the market big enough to drive the XFL thru.

Interesting to note: before the AFL reached success, there were repeated failed attempts.

I would not be surprised if the starting XFL salaries are higher in inflation-adjusted dollars than the starting salaries of the AFL were.

That was back before NFL salaries became high, back before the players had a strike for higher wages.

So what were 'top wages' for starting AFL players in 1960?

I would not be surprised if the starting XFL salaries are higher in inflation-adjusted dollars than the starting salaries of the AFL were.

That was back before NFL salaries became high, back before the players had a strike for higher wages.

So what were 'top wages' for starting AFL players in 1960?

You don't know AFL history,they were paying bonus up to 10 times higher then the NFL did at that time!AFL was started by very rich people!

Hello M. V. Mason,

Yes, a different situation.

The AFL was added to fill demand for the NFL, playing in the same season. It was later incorporated into the NFL after it became successful.

The whole reason for the XFL is to extend the season.

I bet if the NFL wanted to talk about having a new spring season, they could have gone there. But they didn't, so they left a hole in the market big enough to drive the XFL thru.

Interesting to note: before the AFL reached success, there were repeated failed attempts.

Time will tell how things work out for XFL!
They might have to shutdown like the NBA!

Back