Football After Superbowl! New XFL: Exciting Football League, If POTUS Stays OUT...

Hello cawacko,

I'm not saying the league was being racist. I'm saying that's what the woke position claims.

To me, the better the player you are and the more you produce the more you are allowed to "get away with" for lack of a better term. If Kaep were winning Super Bowl's he'd be on a team, kneeling and all. But for a guy with a declining skill set he wasn't worth the hassle that came with it.

Well, that pretty much says that the NFL is all about making money and not interested in using a position of national focus in making any particular positive contribution to society. Opportunity missed.

Of course, the XFL is doing the same thing...

Hello cawacko,

Well, that pretty much says that the NFL is all about making money and not interested in using a position of national focus in making any particular positive contribution to society. Opportunity missed.

Of course, the XFL is doing the same thing...

The NFL exists to make money. Having employees use the league as a third party vehicle to protest was bad for business.

The NFL will also tell you that it has spent tens of millions of dollars on charities and youth organizations over the years along with spending millions on veterans groups so that they do plenty positive in contributing to society.

Hello cawacko,

The NFL exists to make money. Having employees use the league as a third party vehicle to protest was bad for business.

Actually there was no drop in the popularity of the NFL which could be linked to the protests. And, as media outlets the world over know, anything that is sensational, if used adeptly, sells advertising.

The NFL will also tell you that it has spent tens of millions of dollars on charities and youth organizations over the years along with spending millions on veterans groups so that they do plenty positive in contributing to society.

Commendable. So it is perplexing why they would not wish to capitalize on something that could advance race relations in the USA, at a time when that is so needed.

Hello cawacko,

Actually there was no drop in the popularity of the NFL which could be linked to the protests. And, as media outlets the world over know, anything that is sensational, if used adeptly, sells advertising.

Commendable. So it is perplexing why they would not wish to capitalize on something that could advance race relations in the USA, at a time when that is so needed.

Hmmm, not sure where you're getting that from. NFL ratings most definitely dropped during the protests. You had people on one side protesting players kneeling during the anthem and folks on the other side protesting the racist league that black balled Kaep. That combination had a material effect on ratings.

I'm not sure what you're referring to in regards to the NFL capitalizing on advancing race relations.

Hello cawacko,

Hmmm, not sure where you're getting that from. NFL ratings most definitely dropped during the protests. You had people on one side protesting players kneeling during the anthem and folks on the other side protesting the racist league that black balled Kaep. That combination had a material effect on ratings.

I'm not sure what you're referring to in regards to the NFL capitalizing on advancing race relations.

The whole point of the NFL is to sell advertising to make money.

The media pounces on anything sensational like race relations protests. That gets turned into profits.

Is there some reason this kind of controversy helps the media sell advertising, but hurts the NFL's ability to do the same thing?

Hello cawacko,

The whole point of the NFL is to sell advertising to make money.

The media pounces on anything sensational like race relations protests. That gets turned into profits.

Is there some reason this kind of controversy helps the media sell advertising, but hurts the NFL's ability to do the same thing?

Maybe we're talking about two different things here. In my world less viewers means less advertising dollars which is what the NFL was facing during the height of the protests.

Hello cawacko,

Maybe we're talking about two different things here. In my world less viewers means less advertising dollars which is what the NFL was facing during the height of the protests.

I don't recall the NFL losing advertisers over it.

Hello cawacko,

You’d have to look. They lost viewers. Less viewers ultimately means less advertising dollars.

No, you are the one who made the claim. I do not have to go look for it. You need to back it up.

What I recall is a big unsettled dispute where conservatives claimed viewership was way down and progressives pointed out that it had already been dropping for years in a longer trend.

I don't recall anybody tying the viewership levels to the protests in a definitive way.

That's what you need to do if you expect me to acknowledge your unsupported claim.

Sure, there may have been people who stopped supporting the NFL because of the protests, but there were also people who became fans of the NFL because of them, myself included. Who can say what is responsible for which numbers?

And a list of advertisers who dropped their ad buys because of the protests would be supportive of your claim.

Hello cawacko,

No, you are the one who made the claim. I do not have to go look for it. You need to back it up.

What I recall is a big unsettled dispute where conservatives claimed viewership was way down and progressives pointed out that it had already been dropping for years in a longer trend.

I don't recall anybody tying the viewership levels to the protests in a definitive way.

That's what you need to do if you expect me to acknowledge your unsupported claim.

Sure, there may have been people who stopped supporting the NFL because of the protests, but there were also people who became fans of the NFL because of them, myself included. Who can say what is responsible for which numbers?

And a list of advertisers who dropped their ad buys because of the protests would be supportive of your claim.

I was unaware football ratings had been dropping for years. Football is by far America's most popular sport. Ratings dropped in 2016 & 2017, that was during the height of the Kaep and kneeling culture wars, but have increased since. They weren't dropping prior to '16.

Kap got out of his SF contract assuming he would get another team interested.
He fucked himself,nobody wanted a locker room cancer in decline.
XFL wouldn't pay him crazy high salary.
I understood his protest,till he didn't bother to vote.
So it was all about him the whole time.
Go drive an Uber Kap!

Hello cawacko,

I was unaware football ratings had been dropping for years. Football is by far America's most popular sport. Ratings dropped in 2016 & 2017, that was during the height of the Kaep and kneeling culture wars, but have increased since. They weren't dropping prior to '16.

But there are many factors at play besides the protests. You have shown nothing definitive, no explicit link between protests and viewership levels. Your position is purely speculative. I do not acknowledge it.

Hello M. V. Mason,

Kap got out of his SF contract assuming he would get another team interested.
He fucked himself,nobody wanted a locker room cancer in decline.
XFL wouldn't pay him crazy high salary.
I understood his protest,till he didn't bother to vote.
So it was all about him the whole time.
Go drive an Uber Kap!

XFL requires players to sign a code of behavior contract which prohibits political protest.

Like so many jobs in the USA, if you want to work, the first thing you have to do is give up some Constitutional rights, including in this case freedom of expression.

We live in a free country unless you want to work.

Hello cawacko,

But there are many factors at play besides the protests. You have shown nothing definitive, no explicit link between protests and viewership levels. Your position is purely speculative. I do not acknowledge it.

It's speculative that the protests on the field and Trump's involvement had a role in the NFL's two year ratings decline? It's not like I came up with that theory but ok.

Hello cawacko,

It's speculative that the protests on the field and Trump's involvement had a role in the NFL's two year ratings decline? It's not like I came up with that theory but ok.

Propagandists came up with it.

And it is not supported because the decline was more than two years.

Football has been struggling to justify it's existence with all the head injuries. You have famous stars telling their children not to follow in their footsteps.

Also, the NFL tried to do too much. Monday night, Thursday night, and weekends led to burn-out. Football widows objected to losing their husbands for so much of the time.

Hello cawacko,

Propagandists came up with it.

And it is not supported because the decline was more than two years.

Football has been struggling to justify it's existence with all the head injuries. You have famous stars telling their children not to follow in their footsteps.

Also, the NFL tried to do too much. Monday night, Thursday night, and weekends led to burn-out. Football widows objected to losing their husbands for so much of the time.

They still made billions this year.
Your overstating

Hello M. V. Mason,

They still made billions this year.
Your overstating

It remains to be seen if the XFL will be viable. One thing is for certain. If DT gets involved their chances of success are reduced.

And this remains the case whether he buys in or if he simply weighs in.

Hello M. V. Mason,

It remains to be seen if the XFL will be viable. One thing is for certain. If DT gets involved their chances of success are reduced.

And this remains the case whether he buys in or if he simply weighs in.

Anything Trump touches turns to shit.
XFL is no competition to the NFL

Hello M. V. Mason,

Anything Trump touches turns to shit.
XFL is no competition to the NFL

1: Agreed.

2: Purposely.

If the XFL tried to compete with the NFL (as DT stupidly forced the USFL to do,) the XFL would lose. That is why the XFL chose to avoid going head to head with the NFL, chose to dovetail it's season in after the end of the NFL with the Superbowl. Many football fans go through withdrawals after the Superbowl. There was nothing! Now, thankfully, there is football after the Superbowl. Time will tell if this is viable. I hope it survives.

One thing is certain. If the XFL survives, the play will get better. It's not like the chosen few NFL players are the only people who can play excellent football. The more experience these teams have, the better they will get.

Back