From Tiana

Nicotine probably accounts for more difference in your personality than whether you are online or in real life.

Well I just think that in real life, I’m a lot less likely to blurt out “man, what a dumb fuck you are”. Not to say I don’t think it.

Well I just think that in real life, I’m a lot less likely to blurt out “man, what a dumb fuck you are”. Not to say I don’t think it.

Yeah and I seldom call guys around here gay in real life....
Kinda like living intact for now.

I mean to my friends, I'm usually not a dick.

But to people I don't know at all or dislike, I can be a real jerk if I'm trying to be.

Yeah and I seldom call guys around here gay in real life....
Kinda like living intact for now.

I know what you mean, usc.

You'd get stabbed in the face for that shit down here.

That's why I like to shout it when I'm arguing, but people online just tend to be like "ZOMGS I SOOO NOT OFFENDED!"

I can kid around about gayness with my good friends a bit but that is all.
Most of them are not too redneck though, hence my good friends.

I can kid around about gayness with my good friends a bit but that is all.
Most of them are not too redneck though, hence my good friends.

Wow. One of my closest friends is always getting drunk and trying to get me to make out with her in public. It’s not like that here.

Wow. One of my closest friends is always getting drunk and trying to get me to make out with her in public. It’s not like that here.

There is a huge difference between the way lesbians and fags are treated.

I would wager thatmore than a few men would encourage your friend, while they would be ready to fight if someone suggested they do the same.

You might want to figure out why she is your "best" friend.

Haha, she’s bi, but not exactly. She’s hysterical. She’s had relationships with a couple of women, but mostly men, whom she hates. But she didn’t really like the sex with women. A perfect example of when Talluhah Bankhead said “I’ve had a man, and I’ve had a woman, and there’s got to be something better.”
She’s one of the funniest, most creative, best people I know, I love her. However, not in that way!

Haha, she’s bi, but not exactly. She’s hysterical. She’s had relationships with a couple of women, but mostly men, whom she hates. But she didn’t really like the sex with women. A perfect example of when Talluhah Bankhead said “I’ve had a man, and I’ve had a woman, and there’s got to be something better.”
She’s one of the funniest, most creative, best people I know, I love her. However, not in that way!

Sounds like a breakdown coming in her future.

Tiana emailed me and asked me to post this for her. She said she thought about JPP as soon as she read it.

"There's a whole world of people out there, and boy, are they pissed off.
On political blogs, the invective flies. Posters respond to the latest celebrity gossip with mockery or worse. Sports fans set up Web sites with names that begin with "fire," hoping coaches, athletic directors and sportscasters lose their jobs.

And though there are any number of bloggers and commenters who attempt to keep their postings and responses on a civil level, all too often interactive Web sites descend into ad hominem attacks, insults and plain old name-calling. Indeed, there are even whole sites devoted to venting, such as justrage.com (one screed there was titled, "I don't give a flying f***, so f*** you") and mybiggestcomplaint.com.
This is not a world Emily Post would want to be caught in after dark.

"The Internet can be a great tool," said Sara Black, a professor of health studies at St. Joseph's University who takes a particular interest in online bullying. "Like any tool, it can also be misused
One reason for the vitriol that emerges on the Web, experts say, is the anonymity the Internet provides. Commenters seldom use their real names, and even if they do, the chance for retaliation is slim.

"In the [pre-Internet era], you had to take ownership [of your remarks]. Now there's a perception of anonymity," said Lesley Withers, a professor of communication at Central Michigan University. "People think what they say won't have repercussions, and they don't think they have to soften their comments."

Contrast that with a face-to-face conversation, or even a phone conversation, where you can judge people's moods from facial movements or vocal inflections, observes University of Texas psychology professor Art Markman.

"It's hard to be aggressive when you're face to face," he said.
Moreover, he points out, aggression often carries a subtext of power.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/11/03/angry.internet/index.html

People are a lot harsher over the internet. I'd never wish a conservative to death in real life.

Back