Garden...

First canning of the year...June 11. The goal for green beans is 35 qts.

5vyvr8.jpg

You can them in a pressure canner, eh?

Yeah.. its a great technique.

I am excited and have to brag. I LOVE Morning Glories and Moon Flowers .. and they are so difficult to start... Very hit and miss getting them to germinate from seed.

Eureka.. rub the seeds between two small pieces of sandpaper, dump them in a bowl of warm water and cover with a wet paper towel.. They sprout in 48 hours.

Yeah.. its a great technique.

I am excited and have to brag. I LOVE Morning Glories and Moon Flowers .. and they are so difficult to start... Very hit and miss getting them to germinate from seed.

Eureka.. rub the seeds between two small pieces of sandpaper, dump them in a bowl of warm water and cover with a wet paper towel.. They sprout in 48 hours.
That’s the way I use to do my marijuana seeds, it does work!

Yes. It’s the way my mom canned them when I was growing up. This is my mom’s old canner and my grandmother’s 8 qt pot.

Do you can tomatoes? You can do all sorts of things Italian or Mexican ..

I use to can butterbeans and purple hulled peas.. Miss those days.

Yes. It’s the way my mom canned them when I was growing up. This is my mom’s old canner and my grandmother’s 8 qt pot.

Yes, I can tomatoes and also can vegetable soup when the tomatoes do well enough. I also can peas...planted Whipoorwills this year.

Oh wow.. Be still my heart. Do you ever can corn? There's just no end of combinations.

Yes. I have canned corn. I usually don’t do much because we prefer it on the cob but I have done a little from time to time. I also put it in my veg soup from time to time but it greatly increases the pressure time when I do.

I prefer gardening in Alaska, I haven’t quite figured out how to do it in the extreme heat.

Lol...I can imagine the transition. Work early and late outside. Do your canning during the heat of the day. Use air conditioning if you got it.

Back