Gary Johnson: The Best Candidate for the United States.

Socrtease

Verified User
On April 21, 2011, Gary Johnson announced his candidacy for President. At this very moment he is the best candidate either party could present, as governor he vetoed 750 bills which would have raised New Mexican's taxes. He opposes Prohibition II, better known as the drug war, because Prohibition I failed. He reduced the size of New Mexico's state government payroll without firing a single person. He is a fiscal conservative and socially a libertarian. For all these reasons, as of right now he will LOSE the Republican primary.

The religious right that holds the GOP hostage will not vote for Johnson. Johnson himself knows he will be labeled "the pot candidate". He knows that the traditional right and traditional left will both hate him because he does not believe that the government should protect us from ourselves or save our souls. Under a Johnson administration we will have the best chance of getting tax reform, REAL tax reform. When Johnson left after two terms (something republican governors don't get here in New Mexico) we had a surplus. State taxes has not been raised and Bill Richardson inherited a state in the black.

To get him elected people have to register to vote in primaries. Centerist Dems and Independents need to register as republicans for the primary. We need to highjack the Republican primary system for the good of America. If we do this Johnson can win and so can Americans. If not, we will live through another four years of Dems and Repubs telling us what kinds and how much government intrusion in our lives we have to put up with. Go to http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/ and donate, volunteer, get on a list.

We need to highjack the Republican primary system for the good of America.

So you feel that subverting the democratic system established by our founders, is good and necessary? Well that's just great... if you don't get the person you want elected by cheating the system, would you consider taking up arms to get what you want? If it's your principle that it's best for America, shouldn't you be willing to fight for it? Or maybe this is just more an issue of lacking integrity rather than principle?

We need to highjack the Republican primary system for the good of America. If we do this Johnson can win and so can Americans. If not, we will live through another four years of Dems and Repubs telling us what kinds and how much government intrusion in our lives we have to put up with.

I disagree. the american people need to wake up and see that both parties, no matter who and how it may be hijacked, will always have their own interests at heart and not the people. If it comes to millions dying of hunger, violence, and disease, then maybe they'll see that there must be a 3rd party for the good of the people.

On April 21, 2011, Gary Johnson announced his candidacy for President. At this very moment he is the best candidate either party could present, as governor he vetoed 750 bills which would have raised New Mexican's taxes. He opposes Prohibition II, better known as the drug war, because Prohibition I failed. He reduced the size of New Mexico's state government payroll without firing a single person. He is a fiscal conservative and socially a libertarian. For all these reasons, as of right now he will LOSE the Republican primary.

The religious right that holds the GOP hostage will not vote for Johnson. Johnson himself knows he will be labeled "the pot candidate". He knows that the traditional right and traditional left will both hate him because he does not believe that the government should protect us from ourselves or save our souls. Under a Johnson administration we will have the best chance of getting tax reform, REAL tax reform. When Johnson left after two terms (something republican governors don't get here in New Mexico) we had a surplus. State taxes has not been raised and Bill Richardson inherited a state in the black.

To get him elected people have to register to vote in primaries. Centerist Dems and Independents need to register as republicans for the primary. We need to highjack the Republican primary system for the good of America. If we do this Johnson can win and so can Americans. If not, we will live through another four years of Dems and Repubs telling us what kinds and how much government intrusion in our lives we have to put up with. Go to http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/ and donate, volunteer, get on a list.

After I saw your post on FB I did a little research on Johnson. I'm with you on this one, Soc. He looks like the best candidate in a long time.

So you feel that subverting the democratic system established by our founders, is good and necessary? Well that's just great... if you don't get the person you want elected by cheating the system, would you consider taking up arms to get what you want? If it's your principle that it's best for America, shouldn't you be willing to fight for it? Or maybe this is just more an issue of lacking integrity rather than principle?

It is a matter of working to overcome an apathetic population and a pair of political parties that have shown, time and again, that they could give a shit what is best for us.

I disagree. the american people need to wake up and see that both parties, no matter who and how it may be hijacked, will always have their own interests at heart and not the people. If it comes to millions dying of hunger, violence, and disease, then maybe they'll see that there must be a 3rd party for the good of the people.

Well said.

I like Johnson and I will vote for him in the primaries (unless Ron Paul runs again).

However, the fact that he smoked pot as recently as 2008 won't set well with most Americans. That, and he has virtually no name recognition outside of libertarian/paleoconservative circles.

I like Johnson and I will vote for him in the primaries (unless Ron Paul runs again).

However, the fact that he smoked pot as recently as 2008 won't set well with most Americans. That, and he has virtually no name recognition outside of libertarian/paleoconservative circles.

I think we have come to a point where the bulk of the voting population has at least tried pot. I doubt it will be an issue. Bush confessed to doing cocaine, which is a much harder drug.

That's what Jefferson's supporters were willing to do in 1801 if the Federalist Congress denied him the presidency. Militias in Virginia were perparing to march on Washington.

MARIJUANA.jpg

Last edited:
Obama admitted to smoking many times and mocked Clinton for lying. It may help him actually as republicans are more often thought of as uncool suits.

I am allowed, as is anyone legally entitled to join whatever party I desire. Johnson is a Repub and I support him. I am going to encourage people everywhere to join the GOP so they can vote for Johnson in the Primaries. He is one of the best candidates in ages from either party. Nothing I suggest is illegal or anti-democratic.

That alone makes me more likely to vote for him. If he chooses RP as his running mate, I don't think my erection would ever go away.

Sounds great! If Paul doesn't run, I'll be sending Johnson some money. Sounds like I'll be sending some $ anyway.

Back