General Board Discussion: Why do people announce they have other people "on ignore?

Legion

Oderint dum metuant
General Board Discussion: Why do people announce they have other people "on ignore?

Many times, they do it in threads started by the people they claim to be ignoring.

In quite a few instances, these folks are responding to a post by someone they'd previously announced they were ignoring.

Often, some of these individuals announce that they are putting someone "on ignore" even though they've already claimed to have done so, as if it's "news".

In a lot of cases, someone has proclaimed that they have taken someone "off ignore" and are now putting them back "on ignore"

Discuss.

Excellent points....If posters were really on ignore, there would be no mention of them at all... (I thought that Lame "Fake Ignore" thing had faded into oblivion.....is someone else still posting that? )

Excellent points....If posters were really on ignore, there would be no mention of them at all... (I thought that Lame "Fake Ignore" thing had faded into oblivion.....is someone else still posting that? )

So morons on ignore won't waste time and forum resources replying to those ignoring them.

If the ignored morons continue to reply to those ignoring them, well that's why we call them FUCKING MORONS.

Do you reply to posters who have you on IGNORE?

They're unwilling to carry on a conversation with the person....and unable to just scroll on by...and really ignore them....

I suspect that you're correct.

I also believe that they post this when they have no relevant input to add on a topic.

So morons on ignore won't waste time and forum resources replying to those ignoring them.

If the ignored morons continue to reply to those ignoring them, well that's why we call them FUCKING MORONS.

Do you reply to posters who have you on IGNORE?
I see that I was correct....You're not ignoring them....
I'm not aware that anyone is "ignoring" me....

I'm not aware that anyone is "ignoring" me....

I doubt that anyone is.

It's easy to ignore someone without using forum software.

It's puzzling why the people who do use "ignore" make announcements about it.

Today, 07:51 AM
TQP
Retired Teacher
This message is hidden because TQP is on your ignore list.

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 11.01.31 AM.jpg

Well, now as you can easily see from my image above, you DO exist on somebody's IGNORE list. And you can also see you were wrong about who I'm ignoring. You're pretty good at being wrong. You're wrong so much, you'd think you'd get tired of being wrong.

Congratulations, mutherfukker.

iu

I doubt that anyone is.

It's easy to ignore someone without using forum software.

It's puzzling why the people who do use "ignore" make announcements about it.
That was the topic of discussion...we may never know. It's Very easy to ignore someone here...

Many times, they do it in threads started by the people they claim to be ignoring.

In quite a few instances, these folks are responding to a post by someone they'd previously announced they were ignoring.

Often, some of these individuals announce that they are putting someone "on ignore" even though they've already claimed to have done so, as if it's "news".

In a lot of cases, someone has proclaimed that they have taken someone "off ignore" and are now putting them back "on ignore"

Discuss.

So you'll have something to whine about, start a dozen new threads about, and otherwise seek attention, O Needy One. :laugh:

Today, 07:51 AM
TQP
Retired Teacher
This message is hidden because TQP is on your ignore list.

View attachment 19484

Well, now as you can easily see from my image above, you DO exist on somebody's IGNORE list. And you can also see you were wrong about who I'm ignoring. You're pretty good at being wrong. You're wrong so much, you'd think you'd get tired of being wrong.

Congratulations, mutherfukker.

:laugh:

For the record, Lesion's dear "Topsy" claims to be female. Last week Hawkeye asked "her" what pronoun "she" prefers. :rofl2:

hkRmZE2.jpg

Back