General Board Discussion: Why do people announce they have other people "on ignore?

Lesion is the first one I put on my IGNORE list. What a fucking simpleton.

So Top is female. Not surprised. Ignorance knows no gender.

Quite true. You probably noticed the 7th-grade mean girl posts that never discuss issues, only attacks on other ppl, whether they're other members or nasty snark about public ppl's appearances. Granted some guys also engage in that childishness but in general it's bitter and angry females suffering from arrested development. :laugh:

Quite true. You probably noticed the 7th-grade mean girl posts that never discuss issues, only attacks on other ppl, whether they're other members or nasty snark about public ppl's appearances. Granted some guys also engage in that childishness but in general it's bitter and angry females suffering from arrested development. :laugh:

Nothing worse than another Qanon Woman.

tenor.gif

Nothing worse than another Qanon Woman.

tenor.gif

Bingo. At least this one seldom talks about politics, although it does try to quote scripture from time to time to show how devout and holy it is. :laugh:

Speaking of Qunts, I wonder where Sister Stench has been lately? It's 8 whole days since she promised that the #MalignantMango would retake his throne on March 20.

I've never put you on ignore, my dear stalker. How else would I know when you're posting my real name or other snark about me, every single day? :laugh:

Why is TOPita on this IGNORE not-IGNORE obsession? I guess she just can't deal with rejection. She must've had a panty-wetting hissy fit when Trump lost the election.

tenor.gif

Why is TOPita on this IGNORE not-IGNORE obsession? I guess she just can't deal with rejection. She must've had a panty-wetting hissy fit when Trump lost the election.

Because her greatest fear is being ignored. Like a few others here, she is an attention whore. I know her from a prior forum we were both on, for over ten years now. She followed me here when it shut down. You're right about the angst about the loss of the TV game show host/conman/adulterer. Ever since it's been post after post about how senile, weak, dementia-riddled, etc. Biden is. Nothing about his policies, of course. Just his appearance and demeanor -- it was the exact same way with Pres. Obama and Michelle Obama, but coat all that with a nice thick layer of thinly-disguised racism as well.

Many times, they do it in threads started by the people they claim to be ignoring.

In quite a few instances, these folks are responding to a post by someone they'd previously announced they were ignoring.

Often, some of these individuals announce that they are putting someone "on ignore" even though they've already claimed to have done so, as if it's "news".

In a lot of cases, someone has proclaimed that they have taken someone "off ignore" and are now putting them back "on ignore"

Discuss.
Still no clear answer...but the players are here, discussing;)

With all the bandwidth wasting that goes on here, even if "ignore announcements" are indeed superfluous, they're hardly the most egregious offenses.

Excellent points....If posters were really on ignore, there would be no mention of them at all... (I thought that Lame "Fake Ignore" thing had faded into oblivion.....is someone else still posting that? )

You can still read their thread titles and also the quotes in replies to them.

They're unwilling to carry on a conversation with the person....and unable to just scroll on by...and really ignore them....

Unable to just scroll by? Certain posters clutter up pages after pages with nonsense, making it difficult to read through.

The discussion is....why announce it? Just put them on on ignore and actually ignore them....

I know. Probably to mock them and making fun of them. Letting them know they're wasting their time. And laugh louder when you realize that they are too retarded to realize that. ;)

I know. Probably to mock them and making fun of them. Letting them know they're wasting their time. And laugh louder when you realize that they are too r....... to realize that. ;)
OK...that might be so....But then... they're not really ignoring them....are they?;)

I know. Probably to mock them and making fun of them. Letting them know they're wasting their time. And laugh louder when you realize that they are too retarded to realize that. ;)

Bingo. And alsotoo, it lets everyone know when they develop an unhealthy obsession with another member. We've all seen some of them follow others around putting groans on their posts, and trying to get their attention by replying to them even though they were told repeatedly that they're on the Great Wall of Ignore. Like Tom *cough cough* does, and Lesion.

Back