General Board Discussion: Why do people announce they have other people "on ignore?

But they're still not really ignoring Them.....Or they would just Ignore them...
(The reminders are not just when they reply to the one who continues to remind them....but whenever the person posts...kind of senseless, right?)

You're lying, again. Back that up with some proof, Toxic dear. Show us some examples of someone doing that with someone they've said they have on ignore. I'm sure you don't want to be seen as dishonest, right? :rofl2:

(And nope, merely stating that "I have ___ on ignore" is not what you're talking about.)

Not really. I have always suggested that the thread titles and their usernames be hidden. Perhaps add a feature where it lets people know the posters they want to reply to have them on ignore list.

That's what the old forum we were on did. When you looked at the list of thread topics, you would see "You are ignoring the customer who started this discussion" (or words close to that). I don't think that it even gave you their name.

Yes. PMP. Apparently I am off his ignore list again for now.

Well, aren't YOU special then? lol

It's kind of a sad commentary on their personal defects, the ppl who are so very concerned about other's ignore lists. Probably afraid they're missing out on some much-needed attention.

Well, aren't YOU special then? lol

It's kind of a sad commentary on their personal defects, the ppl who are so very concerned about other's ignore lists. Probably afraid they're missing out on some much-needed attention.

Perhaps. There is also another possibility. They tend to react positively when I say something they agree with (through the quotes in replies).

That is why I took ITN off my ignore list and gave him another chance.

Perhaps. There is also another possibility. They tend to react positively when I say something they agree with (through the quotes in replies).

That is why I took ITN off my ignore list and gave him another chance.

How is that working out for you? Does he still reply to most posts with "logical fallacy" or something similar?

I had Drunk Uncle on "ignore" status for about a month before he addressed a post to me. As soon as he knew that I was ignoring him, he wrote four messages, which remain unread. It upsets him, making it worthwhile.

He averages 88.4 posts per day. Talk about cluttering up the board.

I had Drunk Uncle on "ignore" status for about a month before he addressed a post to me. As soon as he knew that I was ignoring him, he wrote four messages, which remain unread. It upsets him, making it worthwhile.

He averages 88.4 posts per day. Talk about cluttering up the board.

You have him on ignore, yet he still manages to enrage you.

Well done, DU, well done. :laugh:

Back