General Board Discussion: Why do people announce they have other people "on ignore?

... and I can't even think of one poster on here who I have wished to ignore 100% of the time, not even evince, so instead of constantly putting them on and taking them off of the ignore list, I just ignore them when I feel like it and I respond to them when I feel like it.

I've observed that many who claim to be ignoring me can't resist posting in my threads. Draw your own conclusions.

Many times, they do it in threads started by the people they claim to be ignoring.

In quite a few instances, these folks are responding to a post by someone they'd previously announced they were ignoring.

Often, some of these individuals announce that they are putting someone "on ignore" even though they've already claimed to have done so, as if it's "news".

In a lot of cases, someone has proclaimed that they have taken someone "off ignore" and are now putting them back "on ignore"

Discuss.
yesterday I tried to reply to you and was on a thread ban

happens again, and you will be put on ignore.

why do I give advance warning? to give you a chance to course correct

iu

But you don't, do you?

I told APL a few times I was putting him on temp iggy for the night. I didn't actually do it, I just told him that to get him to stop spamming my notifications. That boy is clingy...like stalker level clingy

Tell me about it.

Their "I'm-holding-my-breath-and-ignoring-you" claims are often spurious to begin with, and they fail to understand that responding to them anyway is A)a swell way to smoke out the liars, and B) a way to expose and ridicule their stupidity for the enjoyment and edification of countless others.

I suspect that oftentimes they simply can't handle the discussion and use the "I'm-holding-my-breath-and-ignoring-you" announcement as a tacit means of surrender.
Very possible.

Very possible.

It's also very possible when it comes to thread bans. They do the same function. The difference is the OP explicitly names those that he/she ignores at the beginning. No need to acknowledge that he/se is ignoring those posters or not allowing them to discuss and challenge later in the thread.

Case in point:

"I suspect that oftentimes they simply can't handle the discussion and use the "I'm-holding-my-breath-and-ignoring-you" announcement as a tacit means of surrender."

So is it a tacit means of surrender for him? :thinking:

Amazing how many grown adults can't handle reading words on a little screen or go as far to demand other adults remove the words as to not hurt their widdle eyes.

Absolutely fucking pathetic. :rofl2:

Everyone should dump these ass holes that say nothing other then they hate you , think you are dumb and complain about your spelling,. It is just a waste of bandwidth. The more times these ass holes are dumped the better these forums will be. It should be the number one rule in all forums. There are people in these forums that never contribute anything and just waste the bandwidth , you are stupid if you let them do it. Best way to take the scum factor out of these forums is to dump the scum.

Back