George W Bush responsible for the highest DOW and real estate market ever

you really are stupid and have no desire to debate...i've asked at least two times now for you to clarify what you are saying and what you want me to answer.....you have failed each time....and then claim i ignore your questions...

you spent two posts whining like a baby when you could have simply clarified what you want me to address....are you saying that all capped mumble jumble was the policies that bush changed? why can't you just say that instead of acting having a temper tamtrum?

I replied to a challenge in your original post and, because you had no viable answer, you ignored it. You needed no road map from me. I would also read back to see who it has been resorting to attempted insults, name-calling, and foul language. I had no temper tantrum.

You did everything you could to obfuscate your own thread, you didn't need an explanation, it was all there for you to see from your own first post and my reply as well as the subsequent chain of posts.

Was your question about Obama? Now that Bear Stearns and Lehman are down the tubes, will re-instatement bring back the dead? I can guarantee you the current Chairman will do a far better oversight job than, the sold out bush appointee, Cox, However,You asked about bush in relation to Clinton policies, not Obama.
From your reply, it appears that you agree wiith my second example regarding the uptick rule discarded by bush's SEC Chairman, now let's deal with the first. My primary example was the application of Supply Side Economics at the same time as declaring 2 wars, while adding a new gov department, and the effect it had on spending, waste, debt, and the budget deficit. No effect on the economy? Why then are all these GOP Congressional spendthrifts suddenly railing about deficits?

(We'll ignore the non-economic consequences to the US of thousands needlessly dying during the bush years.)

1) The uptick rule most certainly played a part in the degree of the downturn. Removing it was the second dumbest thing the idiots in DC did to help create this mess. The first being the removal of Glass Steagall. The third worst was Greenspan keeping interest rates too low too long.

2) that said, no question Bush was an idiot when it came to fiscal responsibility.... as was Congress during his tenure.

1) The uptick rule most certainly played a part in the degree of the downturn. Removing it was the second dumbest thing the idiots in DC did to help create this mess. The first being the removal of Glass Steagall. The third worst was Greenspan keeping interest rates too low too long.

2) that said, no question Bush was an idiot when it came to fiscal responsibility.... as was Congress during his tenure.

I'm totally in agreement with you.

Last edited:
I stated from the 2000 campaign that Bush had no economic policy whatsoever. "Cut taxes" is not an economic philosophy or strategy, on its own.

He was in over his head. You can spin it any way you want, but he was in charge when the economy experienced one of the greatest collapses in history. Stop apologizing for him. You would have everyone believe that he was an innocent bystander while all of the things that went wrong while he was in office took place.

Obama owns the economy now. If it fails or succeeds, it's on him, and I will not argue differently (nor would you, I would imagine...)

I replied to a challenge in your original post and, because you had no viable answer, you ignored it. You needed no road map from me. I would also read back to see who it has been resorting to attempted insults, name-calling, and foul language. I had no temper tantrum.

you're still having a temper tamtrum....you keep lying that i ignored you and obviously this really pisses you off....i already said i didn't see your post, when i did see your post.....i repeatedly asked you what you want and all you do is whine like a two year old who didn't get the candy bar he cried about

you have anger issues....

I stated from the 2000 campaign that Bush had no economic policy whatsoever. "Cut taxes" is not an economic philosophy or strategy, on its own.

He was in over his head. You can spin it any way you want, but he was in charge when the economy experienced one of the greatest collapses in history. Stop apologizing for him. You would have everyone believe that he was an innocent bystander while all of the things that went wrong while he was in office took place.

Obama owns the economy now. If it fails or succeeds, it's on him, and I will not argue differently (nor would you, I would imagine...)

i never apologized for bush, so i assume you're not talking to me.....and i'll assume you're not talking to bme about claiming he was an innocent bystander because i've never said that....

bush had a policy, and it was tax cuts, homeownership for americans, less government etc.......then he got us into two wars that he wrongfully thought would be over quickly....and obviously cost more....thet same as the so called stimulus and bailout....i don't think the tax cuts hurt as much as people claim....for one...the rebates actually helped the economy from cliinton's stock bubble burst....

i respect SF's opinion on the uptick rule, but i have yet to see any conclusive evidence that the uptick rule alone caused the stock market to fall as much as it did....further, obama failed to reverse this policy upon taking office and the market fell another few thousand points....yet no one brings that up.....only bring it up about bush....that is hypocrisy and the point of this thread....as i said earlier, it was somewhat tongue in cheek yet you continue to put words in my mouth (because i am virtually certain you were referring to me above)

and bush alone is in now way responsible for the housing bubble burst....nice try

i never apologized for bush, so i assume you're not talking to me.....and i'll assume you're not talking to bme about claiming he was an innocent bystander because i've never said that....

bush had a policy, and it was tax cuts, homeownership for americans, less government etc.......then he got us into two wars that he wrongfully thought would be over quickly....and obviously cost more....thet same as the so called stimulus and bailout....i don't think the tax cuts hurt as much as people claim....for one...the rebates actually helped the economy from cliinton's stock bubble burst....

i respect SF's opinion on the uptick rule, but i have yet to see any conclusive evidence that the uptick rule alone caused the stock market to fall as much as it did....further, obama failed to reverse this policy upon taking office and the market fell another few thousand points....yet no one brings that up.....only bring it up about bush....that is hypocrisy and the point of this thread....as i said earlier, it was somewhat tongue in cheek yet you continue to put words in my mouth (because i am virtually certain you were referring to me above)

and bush alone is in now way responsible for the housing bubble burst....nice try

I bolded all of the areas where you are apologizing for him, since you don't seem to realize you're doing it...

I bolded all of the areas where you are apologizing for him, since you don't seem to realize you're doing it...

huh....i specifically said what he did wrong and made no excuses...you're flat out wrong...i apologize for nothing, i just don't play partisan hack politics into it like you

and not agreeing that the tax cuts hurts is obviously not an apology....it is a disagreement....saying i have seen no evidence of the uptick rule alone is not an apology, it is wanting more evidence....bush alone responsible for the housing market....is a flat out lie....not an apology...do i need to get the dictionary and explain to you what an apology is?

huh....i specifically said what he did wrong and made no excuses...you're flat out wrong...i apologize for nothing, i just don't play partisan hack politics into it like you

and not agreeing that the tax cuts hurts is obviously not an apology....it is a disagreement....saying i have seen no evidence of the uptick rule alone is not an apology, it is wanting more evidence....bush alone responsible for the housing market....is a flat out lie....not an apology...do i need to get the dictionary and explain to you what an apology is?
Sorry, I just couldn't help but snicker at your comment about partisan hack politics. it is just my observation that we all seem to do it from time to time.

Sorry, I just couldn't help but snicker at your comment about partisan hack politics. it is just my observation that we all seem to do it from time to time.

you should be sorry....i'm never partisan and never display hack tactics like calling the president a whimpering moron :p

you're still having a temper tamtrum....you keep lying that i ignored you and obviously this really pisses you off....i already said i didn't see your post, when i did see your post.....i repeatedly asked you what you want and all you do is whine like a two year old who didn't get the candy bar he cried about

......and you have a problem.

Belme is one of the most considerate posters on this and the old AOL boards.

Belme isn't bad, at least not as far as I have seen. I have seen much, much worse. We disagree, but that isn't hard to get past. I disagree politically with some of my best friends.

Belme is one of the most considerate posters on this and the old AOL boards.

well....belme continually lied that i ignored her or his post, when i didn't

he or she continually berated for ignoring her post and claiming that it was typical of me....

considerate? nope.... i didn't say she or he was bad, but in my world, those posts and accusations are not considerate

well....belme continually lied that i ignored her or his post, when i didn't

he or she continually berated for ignoring her post and claiming that it was typical of me....

considerate? nope.... i didn't say she or he was bad, but in my world, those posts and accusations are not considerate

Whatever.
I invite all in attendance to read this thread from the beginning.

Whatever.
I invite all in attendance to read this thread from the beginning.

exactly my point....

i didn't ignore your post, i just didn't see it...yet you continually hound me that i did....despite my repeated questions after i saw your post....

...............whatever :rolleyes:

Back