GOA blasts weapons systems

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/31/AR2008033102789_pf.html

It looks like the military industial complex is giving us a good raping.

The Government Accountability Office found that 95 major systems have exceeded their original budgets by a total of $295 billion, bringing their total cost to $1.6 trillion, and are delivered almost two years late on average. In addition, none of the systems that the GAO looked at had met all of the standards for best management practices during their development stages.

The Pentagon has doubled the amount it has committed to new systems, from $790 billion in 2000 to $1.6 trillion last year, according to the 205-page GAO report. Total acquisition costs in 2007 for major defense programs increased 26 percent from first estimates. In 2000, 75 programs had cost increases totaling 6 percent. Development costs in 2007 for the systems rose 40 percent from initial projections, compared with 27 percent in 2000. Current programs are delivered 21 months late on average, five months later than in 2000.

Part one did not work either and just sucked up lots of money.

Same game different palyers, for the most part, not counting Cheny and several more.

this is one of the major cards the dems should use.
They only need a couple, the war, wastefull spending, citizens rights.

from $790 billion in 2000 to $1.6 trillion last year

and our people cant seem to get armor

Its scary as shit to have our country doing this and many other things like spying on its own citizens.

I keep crossong my fingers Bush isnt going to postpone the elections.

Its scary as shit to have our country doing this and many other things like spying on its own citizens.

I keep crossong my fingers Bush isnt going to postpone the elections.

No way he would postpone the election. I think he is as ready as can be to get the heck out of Dodge.

Back