God

Wouldn't it have been easier for you to simply say, "You are correct, Frank. The Bible does not record a single word that Jesus said about Homosexuality. Jesus NEVER ever mentioned the word 'homosexual' in the Bible?"

That was all I asserted...and I was correct.
No, you weren't. I've already explained to you why.

No you aren't. You are ignoring what scriptures say.

If you want to continue to make a fool of yourself, gfm, fine with me. Keep at it.

But my statement is absolutely correct.

Here is the statement again:

The Bible does not record a single word that Jesus said about homosexuality. Jesus NEVER ever mentioned the word 'homosexual' in the Bible?

I defy you to show me any passage in the Bible where Jesus mentions the word "homosexual." Or to show me a passage where Jesus said anything about homosexuality.

You cannot...or you already would have done it.

What you have done is to cite several passages...NONE OF WHICH CONTAIN A QUOTE OF JESUS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY.

But as I indicated. You may have a reason for wanting to continue making a fool of yourself...so be my guest.

I find it very...ummm...interesting.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you to simply say, "You are correct, Frank. The Bible does not record a single word that Jesus said about Homosexuality. Jesus NEVER ever mentioned the word 'homosexual' in the Bible?" That was all I asserted...and I was correct.
Wouldn't it have been easier for you to have just projected your dishonesty onto gfm7175 as a punishment for speaking truthfully while you dodge and pivot like a shifty weasel? Now that gfm7175 has totally debunked your errors, you are shifting semantics and pretending that your question was whether the word "homosexual"even existed for Jesus to say. You fooled gfm7175 again and wasted his time. He was making an honest effort trying to explain to you how Jesus addressed homosexuality and you weren't even listening to a single word. You just waited until he was done to claim victory "Jesus never said the word 'homosexual'!"

Frank, you are one messed-up dishonest fuqq'r. Please have Hawkeye explain why he goes to the mat in defense of your blatant dishonesty.

All of which came down to the nasty Republicans killing off 2% of the US population for political reasons while the Democrats were simply defending their home states. Sad.

f6fde16e-a30b-4607-a890-20d0efe95fd5.jpg

If you want to continue to make a fool of yourself, gfm, fine with me. Keep at it.

But my statement is absolutely correct.

Here is the statement again:

The Bible does not record a single word that Jesus said about homosexuality. Jesus NEVER ever mentioned the word 'homosexual' in the Bible?

I defy you to show me any passage in the Bible where Jesus mentions the word "homosexual." Or to show me a passage where Jesus said anything about homosexuality.

You cannot...or you already would have done it.

What you have done is to cite several passages...NONE OF WHICH CONTAIN A QUOTE OF JESUS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY.

But as I indicated. You may have a reason for wanting to continue making a fool of yourself...so be my guest.

I find it very...ummm...interesting.

Jesus never mentioned many things but does that mean He condoned them?

Of course not

Of course not

Absolutely not! Nor would I suggest that means he condoned them.

Jesus might well have thought homosexuality to be the most abominable sin a human could commit...

...but as I have pointed out, the Bible does not record a single word that he said about homosexuality. Jesus NEVER ever mentioned the word 'homosexual' in the Bible?

If you dispute THAT...just give a citation.

Of course not
Jesus would have turned the other cheek. Loved the person. Love does not mean condone. What happens between consenting adults is between them and God. No one else.

All of which came down to the nasty Republicans killing off 2% of the US population for political reasons while the Democrats were simply defending their home states. Sad.

f6fde16e-a30b-4607-a890-20d0efe95fd5.jpg

Jesus would have turned the other cheek. Loved the person. Love does not mean condone. What happens between consenting adults is between them and God. No one else.

You can love a person without condoning their actions

Absolutely not! Nor would I suggest that means he condoned them.

Jesus might well have thought homosexuality to be the most abominable sin a human could commit...

...but as I have pointed out, the Bible does not record a single word that he said about homosexuality. Jesus NEVER ever mentioned the word 'homosexual' in the Bible?

If you dispute THAT...just give a citation.

There is no disputing that but many argue that He didn’t address it because it was already addressed in the OT and people knew this.

Also back then homosexuality wasn’t really an issue like it is today.

There were no marches or anything it was just something people did in private. Even the OT didn’t focus on it but just mentioned it off hand while discussing something else

There would have been no reason for Jesus to talk about something that most people didn’t even care about

There is no disputing that but many argue that He didn’t address it because it was already addressed in the OT and people knew this.

There were no marches or anything it was just something people did in private. Even the OT didn’t focus on it but just mentioned it off hand while discussing something else

There would have been no reason for Jesus to talk about something that most people didn’t even care about

Tink, homosexuality was huge back in those days...with many societies being very accepting of it. The Greeks thought nothing of it. The Romans thought it to be a natural, common thing. They had some concerns with how it was handled. Pitchers got respect; catchers were considered trashy. But it was as common for an aristocrat to be balling other men as it was to be balling women.

Anyway, I am not arguing for Jesus' motivation for not mentioning it. I am merely pointing out that he DID NOT MENTION it.

Yet there are people here arguing that he did. That I am wrong when I say he did not mention it.

Here you are arguing for the reason he didn't. (Obviously your arguments make a lot more sense to me on this.)

What gives with these others?

Homosexuality wasn't even important enough to put in the Ten Commandments.

As sins go, it's not even as bad as lying, adultery, coveting. Trump's life has been based on lying and adultery, and a lot of gay -hating MAGAs on this board lie relentlessly and without remorse

Tink, homosexuality was huge back in those days...with many societies being very accepting of it. The Greeks thought nothing of it. The Romans thought it to be a natural, common thing. They had some concerns with how it was handled. Pitchers got respect; catchers were considered trashy. But it was as common for an aristocrat to be balling other men as it was to be balling women.

Anyway, I am not arguing for Jesus' motivation for not mentioning it. I am merely pointing out that he DID NOT MENTION it.

Yet there are people here arguing that he did. That I am wrong when I say he did not mention it.

Here you are arguing for the reason he didn't. (Obviously your arguments make a lot more sense to me on this.)

What gives with these others?

Many if not most self professed cristians are ignorant

Jesus did not mention it which indicates to me that He did not consider homosexuality to be a concern

He wasn’t here to point out specific sins but to preach that now salvation was through Him and the sin didn’t matter

Is homosexuality a sin? I don’t know, that is up to the individual to determine but I do know that I have no authority to look down on someone when I am riddled with my own sin

I know many homosexuals that are very wonderful people and Jesus knew this also which may be why He never condemned them

Back