Gone Fishing Part Two: The quest for Moby Perch.

Unfortunately the quest for Moby Perch has been thwarted. The fish are deep and not hitting. I’ve tried about everything. Shallows, points, bays, structures, holes, trolling. sitting on top of schools, trying to pick of individuals, trolling, spinners, cranks, jerk baits, plastics and assorted jigs. Nothing. Not a single fish in nearly two days.

It's the weather. They've gone deep due to the unseasonable heat. Sorry.

I love to fish. I’ll be trying for some Kentucky rainbows tomorrow. Won’t be big but will be fun.

Here are my most recent fishing pics. I’m on the right in the top one.

6i72u0.jpg

2i70mrl.jpg

I love to fish. I’ll be trying for some Kentucky rainbows tomorrow. Won’t be big but will be fun.

Here are my most recent fishing pics. I’m on the right in the top one.

6i72u0.jpg

2i70mrl.jpg

^^^ RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not very familiar with southern ocean fish... what kind are they? They're HUGE!!

Here's a pic of me with a northern ocean catch... a king salmon and two smallish halibut, Homer, Alaska.

VsDTSgE.jpg

In the pic are black tip sharks one spinner shark and a couple gaff top catfish. The others (and the one I’m holding) are red drum, otherwise known simply as redfish. Fishing up north, especially in Alaska, is definitely on my bucket list. I’ll have to have a guide up there though.

In the pic are black tip sharks one spinner shark and a couple gaff top catfish. The others (and the one I’m holding) are red drum, otherwise known simply as redfish. Fishing up north, especially in Alaska, is definitely on my bucket list. I’ll have to have a guide up there though.

Your fish look so delicious! We use a charter service when fishing in Alaska since we don't have a big boat or live there. It's so worth it! Hope you get to go someday -- you'll love it!

Your fish look so delicious! We use a charter service when fishing in Alaska since we don't have a big boat or live there. It's so worth it! Hope you get to go someday -- you'll love it!

They are very good. I’ve eaten all of those varieties many times. I truly do hope to get to go to Alaska. If health holds and life deals no major catastrophes it should happen. Hope to take my son for a graduation trip in 2021. I like the looks of those halibut. If they’re anything like flounder as far as texture and whiteness they have to be good.

They are very good. I’ve eaten all of those varieties many times. I truly do hope to get to go to Alaska. If health holds and life deals no major catastrophes it should happen. Hope to take my son for a graduation trip in 2021. I like the looks of those halibut. If they’re anything like flounder as far as texture and whiteness they have to be good.

They are amazing! Up till then we had only had halibut that was previously frozen and was gawds only know how old. No comparison! Good luck, hope your planned trip works out!

We did, but the weather switched for a bit and today was seasonably pleasant. Yesterday was stormy and very very humid. It has been running 15-20 degrees F above normal the last week... and humid as well. Worse for you because you're inland; we manage to survive by being close to Superior (<1/2 mile). Current surface water temps in our locale are ~45F. You guys aren't expected to cool off till next weekend. :~( How long are you staying? How's the fishing?

We leave tomorrow morning. Wanted to stay all week but the misses could only get five days off. So we’re leaving tomorrow. Right now, 6:24 local time we’re having a thunderstorm so I have to wait till that’s over to get out on the water. Hopefully that will improve the fishing.

They are amazing! Up till then we had only had halibut that was previously frozen and was gawds only know how old. No comparison! Good luck, hope your planned trip works out!

I hate you both. So far I’m into this trip for almost $2k, cabin, boat, travel, misc cost, etc,. Hell bribing the Misses cost me $400 buying her a Coach Backpack. Guess what it’s for? A travel bag for her make up...and...I kid you not... it’s not big enough. For all that I’ve caught two dinkie gill and one crappie barely keeping size.

On the plus side the cabin rental came with two kayaks and we’ve been having a blast paddling around the lake.

I hate you both. So far I’m into this trip for almost $2k, cabin, boat, travel, misc cost, etc,. Hell bribing the Misses cost me $400 buying her a Coach Backpack. Guess what it’s for? A travel bag for her make up...and...I kid you not... it’s not big enough. For all that I’ve caught two dinkie gill and one crappie barely keeping size.

On the plus side the cabin rental came with two kayaks and we’ve been having a blast paddling around the lake.

That's a good way to keep cool when it's that f'ing hot.

Wow, $1000/lb. fish.... lol.

The real problem is that they had a late thaw, the fish have just come off the nest and a heat wave. There’s a also a lot of fishing pressure here. Northern Wisconsin is still to close to Chicago and Milwaukee.

I’ve heard of this Charter Service in Costa Rica where the guides are Super Models wearing dental floss bikinis. You go out for deep sea game fish but come back happy even if you don’t catch fish.

try $2000/#. Truth be known my biggest cost was the boat. This a small 400 acre lake. You can cover it all in a day if you’re motivated on a kayak.

It's hard to fish from a kayak though.

Can we start calling this episode "The Costliest Catch"? lol

Hopefully after the rain ends you can get out there and do some good. Too bad it's a lightning storm; I've done some productive fishing in the rain.

If it's a Coach mini backpack they are so cute! Mrs. Hoople, you go girl!

Just got back in and am eating lunch. Before I did I put 6 rainbows in the freezer ranging from 10-12 inches. About right for a little butter and garlic.

So beautiful! We have several amazing trout streams within minutes of here. I have never fly fished, would like to find someone to teach me.

I taught myself years ago when I was in college. We were using spinning gear on this little creek today though.

Biggest fight I ever had was fly fishing and hooking up on what turned out to be an 8 lb catfish. We decided to eat him right along with the trout. :D

I taught myself years ago when I was in college. We were using spinning gear on this little creek today though.

Biggest fight I ever had was fly fishing and hooking up on what turned out to be an 8 lb catfish. We decided to eat him right along with the trout. :D

Epic! I love catfish caught in lakes and clear streams. Muddy ones though... yuck. Even soaking in milk doesn't help.

I was out foraging last week and stopped by the Little Garlic River, said to be a world-class trout stream. Two guys came wading up with their gear. One had a stringer with two fine rainbows on it.... the larger one had to be 6-7 lbs. Bet there was some good eatin' at their house that night.

Back