Gone Fishing Part Two: The quest for Moby Perch.

Hold the presses. Finally found some fishing action today. Caught 20 small crappie and a perch. The Misses caught so the quest for Moby Perch continues. The Perch she caught was about two ounces in size easily doubling her personal best.

So we ended up with enough Crappie for one meal.

Hold the presses. Finally found some fishing action today. Caught 20 small crappie and a perch. The Misses caught so the quest for Moby Perch continues. The Perch she caught was about two ounces in size easily doubling her personal best.

So we ended up with enough Crappie for one meal.

:thumbsup: :good4u:

Last edited:
The real problem is that they had a late thaw, the fish have just come off the nest and a heat wave. There’s a also a lot of fishing pressure here. Northern Wisconsin is still to close to Chicago and Milwaukee.

I’ve heard of this Charter Service in Costa Rica where the guides are Super Models wearing dental floss bikinis. You go out for deep sea game fish but come back happy even if you don’t catch fish.

You want good fishing, either head out to the Snake River, or maybe flaming gorge reservoir. You could always brush off the anti feelings you might have for awhile, and come to Michigan. Great fishing up my way. It's one of the reasons we have quite a good Eagle population. Bald Eagle flew over the yard several days ago, coming across the lake.

You want good fishing, either head out to the Snake River, or maybe flaming gorge reservoir. You could always brush off the anti feelings you might have for awhile, and come to Michigan. Great fishing up my way. It's one of the reasons we have quite a good Eagle population. Bald Eagle flew over the yard several days ago, coming across the lake.

I may do that later this summer.

I may do that later this summer.

Up in Michigan, there is good fishing at Lake Skegemog if you want to avoid crowds. Torch lake has some serious muskie though.

774ece082813316a51b122e2d1ab1580.jpg

Only it gets really crazy around the sandbar around summer holidays, so book it to the far end probably.

maxresdefault.jpg

Up in Michigan, there is good fishing at Lake Skegemog if you want to avoid crowds. Torch lake has some serious muskie though.

Only it gets really crazy around the sandbar around summer holidays, so book it to the far end probably.

maxresdefault.jpg

Naa crowds I want to avoid and they have good Muskie where I was at. Muskie you about have too spend an entire vacation to get just one.

Naa crowds I want to avoid and they have good Muskie where I was at. Muskie you about have too spend an entire vacation to get just one.

Skegemog is good for that. They have a swamp preserve, and wide open lake. Main traffic is those just heading through to the river.

We did a little pond fish transfer today. Getting this pond ready for my grandkids. The bass have been living well in it. This is the second summer we’ve caught over 25 bass out of one over-stocked pond on the place and transferred them to this pond.

a1mi8.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Yea...that’s a few too many boats for me. When I pull up at the ramp and see more than 10 vehicles I’m very apt to go home and fish another day...or find another place to fish that day.

Nice Muskie though!

Yea...that’s a few too many boats for me. When I pull up at the ramp and see more than 10 vehicles I’m very apt to go home and fish another day...or find another place to fish that day.

Nice Muskie though!

The lake is amazing for fishing, but the entire southern point is engulfed in this madness on the holidays in summer. The 4th especially, because they have fireworks over the lake. They take over the sandbar so much, you can't even enjoy it. I get pissed seeing all the party goers trash in the water. They made a court decision against the group that puts on an event there, that they can't advertise for it like they used to, after the place needed cleaning up from them. For good fishing just head maybe 8 or more miles the opposite direction, or just head 20 some miles up to the northern point.

Back