GOP blocking the Speculation bill

I understand that you think we should purchase oil from a domestic source. I just don't understand what is to prevent American oil from being sold on the global market. Why should they sell it to us as opposed to the highest bidder?
See above post from GL.

The very concept that a nation should be deprived of it's own resources based on internationalist fascist lies is complete nonsense.

Fiat currency and the manipulation of it, combined with war machine that forces people to accept it as their currency is the perfect control mechanism.

If you can trick people into indexing the value of all things to an abstraction you can control, you can defeat them without occupying them. The point in occupying land is to control it's resources, if you can do that through the modern tricks of fraudulent currency and manipulation and "free market ideals" then they are effectively controlled by you.

This is the net we're all in.

Last edited:
See above post from me.

heck it even deserved it's own thread so all might see it.
I think maybe it causes ownage of a poster or 2 on here.

Damned liberal forbes rag.

See above post from me.

heck it even deserved it's own thread so all might see it.
I think maybe it causes ownage of a poster or 2 on here.

Damned liberal forbes rag.
Nobody said they wouldn't deport any, just that most would be sold here. "More than ever before exporting" doesn't change that most would stay here with the infrastructure in place.

You have an odd definition of "ownage". You think it happens when you are full of Phail and continue to project meaning not in the story. They are exporting, yes, but they are also selling here. They are producing more because it becomes cost effective when prices are high.

Nobody said they wouldn't deport any, just that most would be sold here. "More than ever before exporting" doesn't change that most would stay here with the infrastructure in place.

You have an odd definition of "ownage". You think it happens when you are full of Phail and continue to project meaning not in the story. They are exporting, yes, but they are also selling here. They are producing more because it becomes cost effective when prices are high.

We deport oil ? what did it not have it's green card ?

sorry damo could not resist after all your nitpicking on me.

Read on in the article we import more refined petro products than we export.
Now if the dollar was up the exporting would make sense.

Hey, uscit, do you read your own articles?

The 1.6 million barrels a day in record petroleum exports represented 9 percent of total U.S. refining capacity of 17.6 million barrels a day.

If 91% is staying here, your argument is worthless.

Hey, uscit, do you read your own articles?

If 91% is staying here, your argument is worthless.

Out of context? how about the 85% capacity thing ?

Damo overall that article is very damning to big oil and the republicans push for more drilling. At least for their stated reasons.

9% is a lot. about half of 3.2 million barells a day are sure worthless. I would just like to have one days worth of exports and see how worthless I was.

Last edited:
Out of context? how about the 85% capacity thing ?

Damo overall that article is very damning to big oil and the republicans push for more drilling. At least for their stated reasons.
What about it. Your argument was that they'll sell it all elsewhere, our was that most would stay here because it is easier to sell it here than elsewhere. We find out that most of it stays here. Shocker. Your own link made it clear that you were talking out your behind.

The article says that some groups "could attempt to use this", it wasn't overall "damning" other than it assumes we are too stupid to read the whole concept of 91% staying here.

Umm maybe I was wrong, I was quoting an article I posed on here earlier this year about gasoline imports...not sure but here is something interesting, very interesting...

ANALYSIS-US oil firms seek drilling access, but exports soar
07.03.08, 2:40 PM ET

United States - By Tom Doggett

WASHINGTON3 (Reuters) - While the U.S. oil industry want access to more federal lands to help reduce reliance on foreign suppliers, American-based companies are shipping record amounts of gasoline and diesel fuel to other countries.

A record 1.6 million barrels a day in U.S. refined petroleum products were exported during the first four months of this year, up 33 percent from 1.2 million barrels a day over the same period in 2007. Shipments this February topped 1.8 million barrels a day for the first time during any month, according to final numbers from the Energy Department.

The surge in exports appears to contradict the pleas from the U.S. oil industry and the Bush administration for Congress to open more offshore waters and Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling.

"We can help alleviate shortages by drilling for oil and gas in our own country," President Bush told reporters this week. "We have got the opportunity to find more crude oil here at home."

"As a nation, we can have more control over our energy destiny by supplying more of the oil and natural gas we'll be consuming from resources here at home," Red Cavaney, president of the American Petroleum (otcbb: AMPE.OB - news - people ) Institute, said in a letter last week to U.S. lawmakers.

But environmentalists and other opponents to expanding drilling areas could seize on the record exports to argue Congress should not open more acres if U.S. refineries are churning crude oil into petroleum products that are sent out of the American market.

"It doesn't look good to say: 'We need more oil.' But then export the refined products that you're getting. It doesn't seem to be consistent," said Jim Presswood, energy lobbyist for the Natural Resources Defense Council.

http://www.forbes.com/reuters/feeds/reuters/2008/07/03/2008-07-03T184028Z_01_N02435397_RTRIDST_0_USA-OIL-EXPORTS-ANALYSIS.html

That "analysis" is a joke. There is no shortages, so keeping refined products at home will not make a dent. The refined products are made from oil purchased at global prices. Unless you have heard of long gas lines and/or informal rationing, or anything along those lines, we are NOT facing any kind of "shortage" in refined petroleum products.

What we ARE facing is a global market price driven by fears of crude shortages caued by a deliberate decrease in production by certain countries. Those prices are what affect the price of refined products, but not (so far) the availability of refined products.

The advantage of greater percentage of oil coming from domestic sources has been gone over again and again. Exporting some of the refined product does not affect the crude oil import vs domestic equation in the slightest. The more we produce domestically, the better off we will be in MANY regards, from reducing trade deficits to stabilizing the domestic market, to being less affected by global price spikes (longer term price increases are a different matter) getting as much domestic production online as possible will yield significant benefits.

Looking at refined petroleum exports as a reason to not increase domestic crude sources is plain stupid.

That "analysis" is a joke. There is no shortages, so keeping refined products at home will not make a dent. The refined products are made from oil purchased at global prices. Unless you have heard of long gas lines and/or informal rationing, or anything along those lines, we are NOT facing any kind of "shortage" in refined petroleum products.

What we ARE facing is a global market price driven by fears of crude shortages caued by a deliberate decrease in production by certain countries. Those prices are what affect the price of refined products, but not (so far) the availability of refined products.

The advantage of greater percentage of oil coming from domestic sources has been gone over again and again. Exporting some of the refined product does not affect the crude oil import vs domestic equation in the slightest. The more we produce domestically, the better off we will be in MANY regards, from reducing trade deficits to stabilizing the domestic market, to being less affected by global price spikes (longer term price increases are a different matter) getting as much domestic production online as possible will yield significant benefits.

Looking at refined petroleum exports as a reason to not increase domestic crude sources is plain stupid.

My points are the global market as you said and the need to increase domestic refining capacity.

this is the best comedy ever. ib1retard, usged, and dungshit
ib1 "the us produces more oil than it uses" LOFL we import 70% that's sending 700 billion a year overseas. Dungshit do you know the multifpier affect of keeping the cash here.
Think that would add jobs and help the dollar. Fucking retarded dems, It's going to take me years to get you fucks to a junior college level understanding of economics.

ib1 "the us produces more oil than it uses" LOFL we import 70% that's sending 700 billion a year overseas. Dungshit do you know the multifpier affect of keeping the cash here.
Think that would add jobs and help the dollar. Fucking retarded dems, It's going to take me years to get you fucks to a junior college level understanding of economics.

Topshit, don't put something in quotes if it was never said. K? Thanks.

WE just trying to be like our uncle Jed dim :D

Not sure I can get that stupid without a bottle of whiskey though. And the effect only lasts a few hours.

Oh you've had some dosey's.
woman affected by recession
You don't need wiskey to be stupid, your GED is plenty

I would assume so since I don't have a GED.
But since you have been too stupid for years to catch on to that....

Back