Haditha

Please link us to the report. You will find it suggest the number 1 in 3 while assuming many that don't report it.

Damo don't ask me to link to a report that you've seen as well as I have, just because your drunken friend wants to deny that any such report exists.

Google it yourself.

Are you suggesting that women soldiers have expressed no concern or fear of the consequences of reporting a sexual assault in the military, especially if the assault was committed by a person of a higher rank?

I think the females are whores. Fucking sluts. They ask for it then complain after they get what they want. You like that?

The claims by our female soldiers, of rape by our male soldiers, seem to upset you.

Do you consider our female soldiers to be "The Troops"?

If so, this doesn't appear to me to be support of "Our Troops"

Damo don't ask me to link to a report that you've seen as well as I have, just because your drunken friend wants to deny that any such report exists.

Google it yourself.

Are you suggesting that women soldiers have expressed no concern or fear of the consequences of reporting a sexual assault in the military, especially if the assault was committed by a person of a higher rank?
*sigh*

I haven't seen this report, however I will seek it out. The only reason that I can think that you are unwilling to link to it is that I am correct and the report says exactly what I suggest it may.

I haven't said you were wrong, or even that I think you are. I have said that I think such reports use numbers that say "as many as" and tell you that the crimes are underreported and therefore exact figures cannot be given.

*sigh*

I haven't seen this report, however I will seek it out. The only reason that I can think that you are unwilling to link to it is that I am correct and the report says exactly what I suggest it may.

I haven't said you were wrong, or even that I think you are. I have said that I think such reports use numbers that say "as many as" and tell you that the crimes are underreported and therefore exact figures cannot be given.

Ok, so let me ask you again Damo, Are you suggesting that women soldiers have expressed no concern or fear of the consequences of reporting a sexual assault in the military, especially if the assault was committed by a person of a higher rank?

Nearly 30 percent of 202 female Vietnam veterans surveyed in 1990 said they experienced a sexual encounter "accompanied by force or threat of force," according to the Congressional Record. And a study of troops in the 1991 Persian Gulf War by Department of Veterans Affairs researchers found that 7 percent of surveyed women reported sexual assaults, while 33 percent reported sexual harassment.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0125-08.htm

And don't forget something. Iraq is a lawless frontier, where contractors are raping american women without consequence. Why? Because bush privitized and outsourced military functions to his buddies in private industry. And they are subject niether to the military code, nor to iraqi law. They are untouchable And guess what? Those Blackwater dudes who raped their female employees haven't been prosecuted and never will be.

Ok, so let me ask you again Damo, Are you suggesting that women soldiers have expressed no concern or fear of the consequences of reporting a sexual assault in the military, especially if the assault was committed by a person of a higher rank?
I believe that they have.

I do however believe that the 1 in 3 number is either reported "as much as" or given directly as an estimate because such crimes are not often reported.

I believe that they have.

I do however believe that the 1 in 3 number is either reported "as much as" or given directly as an estimate because such crimes are not often reported.

Whatever. What difference does it make Damo? It doesn't matter.

I really can't stand any of the animals anymore. Who cares.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17725659/

Military sex assault reports rose by 24 percent
Army attributes increase to new reporting programs, not more crime

updated 3:39 p.m. MT, Wed., March. 21, 2007
WASHINGTON - Reports of sexual assaults in the military increased by about 24 percent last year and more than twice as many offenders were punished.

There were nearly 3,000 sexual assault reports filed in 2006, compared with almost 2,400 the previous year, a Pentagon report said Wednesday. Action was taken against 780 people, from courts-martial and discharges to other administrative remedies.

The cases involved members of the military who were victims or accused of the assaults. The military counts rape, nonconsensual sodomy, indecent assault and attempts to commit any of those as sexual assault, though the 17-page report contained no data on how many of each were reported.

This is the third year the military has compiled sexual assault statistics. The reporting methods have changed each year, however, making comparisons of the annual reports difficult.

Of the 2,947 sexual assaults reported last year, 756 were initially filed under a program that allows victims to report the incident and receive health care or counseling services but does not notify law enforcement or commanders.

The restricted, confidential reporting program allows the victims to consider pursuing an investigation later; that was done in 86 of the 756 cases last year. Data for 2005 included only the restricted cases for half the year.

1,400 inquiries completed
According to the new report, more than 1,400 investigations into sex assault cases dating to 2004 were completed last year. In slightly more than half, commanders took no action, most often because the charges were not substantiated or lacked evidence.

When action was taken, more than one-third — or 292 individuals — were court-martialed. An additional 243 received nonjudicial punishment and 245 either were discharged or received some other administrative action. Nonjudicial punishments can include reprimand letters or demotions.

Pentagon officials have said that sexual assaults often go unreported. They have attributed the rise in number in part to the vigorous effort to encourage victims to report the crime.

The report provided a breakdown of some of the assaults, saying that 756 of the victims were members of the military. Of those, 285 were Army soldiers, 247 were in the Air Force, 144 were in the Navy, 48 were Marines and one was in the Coast Guard.

Army spokeswoman Maj. Cheryl Phillips said, "There is no evidence that the actual number of assaults is increasing in the Army, but there are definite indicators that the Army has created more willingness among Soldier victims to report incidents."

In the report, the Defense Department said the military services "placed a high priority on training" and that the 2006 report demonstrates the Pentagon's "commitment to eliminating sexual assault from the military services" through education and by removing barriers that can dissuade victims from reporting the crime.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Well, there's that. They also all torture and seek out innocents to kill. That's between rapes of course. It's hard to do all that with the limited time you have while raping everybody, I don't know how they do it!

Put a bunch of machoistic men in a wilderness with a small number of women and see what happens, Damo.

Oh wait, that's right. You don't have to. We've already done it, and it's called Iraq.

Back