Has China squandered its golden opportunity to overtake the US?

I would say yes they have, but we all know what Hawkeye will say. He is in thrall to the Chicoms sadly.

For decades, China has seen relentless growth in power and economic prosperity. But there are growing signs that the economic miracle has ended and that the path to further growth in the years ahead will be more difficult.

But does that mean China has lost its chance to ever overtake the United States?

China’s gross domestic product (GDP) per capita, adjusted for inflation, surged from $293 in 1985 to more than $12,000 in 2021. Demographics, exports and capital investments made this economic miracle possible.

China’s enormous population — the largest in the world until India’s recently surpassed it — served as cheap labor for assembling goods that were exported aggressively. Meanwhile, the government invested heavily in infrastructure to support this export-led growth model and boost standards of living.

However, China’s economy has shifted from export-centric to a consumer-led, debt-fueled model in recent years. This model is now at risk.

Read more: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-squandered-golden-opportunity-overtake-110000713.html

I don't think anybody wants this country and those that got a piece of it, wants a refund.

I would say yes they have, but we all know what Hawkeye will say. He is in thrall to the Chicoms sadly.

For decades, China has seen relentless growth in power and economic prosperity. But there are growing signs that the economic miracle has ended and that the path to further growth in the years ahead will be more difficult.

But does that mean China has lost its chance to ever overtake the United States?

China’s gross domestic product (GDP) per capita, adjusted for inflation, surged from $293 in 1985 to more than $12,000 in 2021. Demographics, exports and capital investments made this economic miracle possible.

China’s enormous population — the largest in the world until India’s recently surpassed it — served as cheap labor for assembling goods that were exported aggressively. Meanwhile, the government invested heavily in infrastructure to support this export-led growth model and boost standards of living.

However, China’s economy has shifted from export-centric to a consumer-led, debt-fueled model in recent years. This model is now at risk.

Read more: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-squandered-golden-opportunity-overtake-110000713.html

It’s not just that. COVID impacted China more than any nation from an economic standpoint. COVID severely interrupted international supply chains and the developed nations who were exploiting Chinas cheap labor discovered the hard way just how unreliable these long distance supply chains can be when billions, if not trillions of dollars were lost due to the loss of these supply chains.

That’s also why we’ve seen robust domestic growth in manufacturing as a result of the unreliability of these long distance supply chains became not only an economic disaster but a national security one as well.

I wouldn’t count China out but I do agree with your observation that Chinas incredible economic growth days are over and, not unlike what happened to Japan in the 80’s and 90’s only to reach a critical mass where their economy flat lined and has remained that way for nearly 30 years.

It’s not just that. COVID impacted China more than any nation from an economic standpoint. COVID severely interrupted international supply chains and the developed nations who were exploiting Chinas cheap labor discovered the hard way just how unreliable these long distance supply chains can be when billions, if not trillions of dollars were lost due to the loss of these supply chains.

That’s also why we’ve seen robust domestic growth in manufacturing as a result of the unreliability of these long distance supply chains became not only an economic disaster but a national security one as well.

I wouldn’t count China out but I do agree with your observation that Chinas incredible economic growth days are over and, not unlike what happened to Japan in the 80’s and 90’s only to reach a critical mass where their economy flat lined and has remained that way for nearly 30 years.

china has died alongside the lies of globalist fanaticism.

R.i.p.

If you are here then it is only with CCP permission.

If you are telling the truth...we dont see much of that around here sadly.

Don't need a permission. You know that we have a "great fire wall" to block the internet,(websites, apps...)
But that is a "black list", if a website is not on the list, It is OK, don't need any "permission"

The food at Kowloon is still very good.
That's my primary concern.

Really, really good Cantonese food, but it probably explains why they look at me funny
when I say "Thank you" in Mandarin.

I don't know how to pronounce it in Cantonese.

Governments are finally waking up to the huge financial entrapment potential involved in the Belt and Road Initiative.

Having become the lender of first resort for many low or middle income countries through the BRI, China is now the world's biggest international creditor.

The true scale of the debt - thought to be at least hundreds of billions of dollars - is unknown. Many of the loans, given out by both public and private lenders, are shrouded in secrecy.

Now, from Sri Lanka and the Maldives to Laos and Kenya, countries are struggling with BRI debt. This puts the Chinese government in a tight spot.

A real estate crisis and liberal borrowing by local governments has already created a "debt bomb" domestically - it's estimated to run into trillions of dollars. A sluggish post-Covid economy and record youth unemployment have not helped.

China has restructured BRI loans, extended deadlines and forked out an estimated $240bn to help borrowers make payments on time. But it has refused to cancel the debt.

"For China to simultaneously engage in debt write-downs overseas while domestic economic issues are not fully resolved - it will be politically challenging internally to promote that," said Christoph Nedopil, founding director of the Green Finance and Development Center (GFDC), which tracks BRI spending.

This has marred Beijing's reputation. Some critics accuse China of engaging in "debt trap diplomacy" by luring poorer countries to sign up for expensive projects so that Beijing could eventually seize control of assets put up as collateral. This was the US' accusation over the controversial Hambantota port project in Sri Lanka.

Many analysts argue there is little evidence of this, but it has heightened fears that Beijing is using the BRI to undermine others' sovereignty.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-67120726

nikki haley loves china.

The food at Kowloon is still very good.
That's my primary concern.

Really, really good Cantonese food, but it probably explains why they look at me funny
when I say "Thank you" in Mandarin.

I don't know how to pronounce it in Cantonese.

yeah. if you like to eat dogs.

Hello, I'm a Chinese and I'm living in China, hello everyone,hello hello, good morning

Are falun gong really evil?

do the uighurs deserve genocide?

are you allowed to give an opinion?

don't come here if you have nothing to add.

we don't need chinese retards here making things bland.

go on tik tok and eat a tide pod.

Back