Has China squandered its golden opportunity to overtake the US?

I would say yes they have, but we all know what Hawkeye will say. He is in thrall to the Chicoms sadly.

For decades, China has seen relentless growth in power and economic prosperity. But there are growing signs that the economic miracle has ended and that the path to further growth in the years ahead will be more difficult.

But does that mean China has lost its chance to ever overtake the United States?

China’s gross domestic product (GDP) per capita, adjusted for inflation, surged from $293 in 1985 to more than $12,000 in 2021. Demographics, exports and capital investments made this economic miracle possible.

China’s enormous population — the largest in the world until India’s recently surpassed it — served as cheap labor for assembling goods that were exported aggressively. Meanwhile, the government invested heavily in infrastructure to support this export-led growth model and boost standards of living.

However, China’s economy has shifted from export-centric to a consumer-led, debt-fueled model in recent years. This model is now at risk.

Read more: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-squandered-golden-opportunity-overtake-110000713.html

This may not help explain things for you, but I think Xi said something yesterday, that makes a lot of sense- in a very Confucius-like kind of way!

I was very glad to hear it, and it gives me confidence in him and us both! It gives me hope that the US and China can be willing partners here on Earth!

He said, "The world is big enough for both the United States and China to share and be able to prosper"!

Now, I may be paraphrasing a tad, but that was the gist of it!

Last edited:
This may not help explain things for you, but I think Xi said something yesterday, that makes a lot of sense- in a very Confucius-like kind of way!

I was very glad to hear it, and it gives me confidence in him and us both! It gives me hope that the US and China can be willing partners here on Earth!

He said, "The world is big enough for both the United States and China to share and be able to prosper"!

Yay. Glittering generalities! are you fucking retarded?

do you realize green restictions are a gift to the chinese because they have nearly cornered markets on materials for batteries?

the greenies are restricting the world into chinese servitude.

and you're fucking excited about it like a moron.

He is only dialling back the rhetoric because China is in deep shit, no other reason.

I am so old that I remember those couple of decades we got told by the so called experts "Dont worry, the Chinese cant innovate, it will all work out!".

Why is China's economy slowing down and could it get worse?

Economists blame weak domestic demand for subdued investment appetite in the private sector and for China sliding into deflation in July. If it persists, deflation could exacerbate the economic slowdown and deepen debt proble

https://www.reuters.com/markets/asi...stic demand,slowdown and deepen debt problems.

well China might get some debt.... you think they'll get to 35 trillion and counting? not me
and they corner the rare earth and solar panel market to sell to dummies like the USA

I hate the CCP bastards, but they have long term planning we dont. we cant even get a pipeline permitted like Keystone..one again. off again, on again, off again....wtf

Governments are finally waking up to the huge financial entrapment potential involved in the Belt and Road Initiative.

Having become the lender of first resort for many low or middle income countries through the BRI, China is now the world's biggest international creditor.

The true scale of the debt - thought to be at least hundreds of billions of dollars - is unknown. Many of the loans, given out by both public and private lenders, are shrouded in secrecy.

Now, from Sri Lanka and the Maldives to Laos and Kenya, countries are struggling with BRI debt. This puts the Chinese government in a tight spot.

A real estate crisis and liberal borrowing by local governments has already created a "debt bomb" domestically - it's estimated to run into trillions of dollars. A sluggish post-Covid economy and record youth unemployment have not helped.

China has restructured BRI loans, extended deadlines and forked out an estimated $240bn to help borrowers make payments on time. But it has refused to cancel the debt.

"For China to simultaneously engage in debt write-downs overseas while domestic economic issues are not fully resolved - it will be politically challenging internally to promote that," said Christoph Nedopil, founding director of the Green Finance and Development Center (GFDC), which tracks BRI spending.

This has marred Beijing's reputation. Some critics accuse China of engaging in "debt trap diplomacy" by luring poorer countries to sign up for expensive projects so that Beijing could eventually seize control of assets put up as collateral. This was the US' accusation over the controversial Hambantota port project in Sri Lanka.

Many analysts argue there is little evidence of this, but it has heightened fears that Beijing is using the BRI to undermine others' sovereignty.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-67120726

yes there are debt traps. There is also bases in the Atlantic for China, and China gets vast amount of mineral and raw materials.. as long as they can manufacture and export a lot they aint in any long term problem

Governments are finally waking up to the huge financial entrapment potential involved in the Belt and Road Initiative.

Having become the lender of first resort for many low or middle income countries through the BRI, China is now the world's biggest international creditor.

The true scale of the debt - thought to be at least hundreds of billions of dollars - is unknown. Many of the loans, given out by both public and private lenders, are shrouded in secrecy.

Now, from Sri Lanka and the Maldives to Laos and Kenya, countries are struggling with BRI debt. This puts the Chinese government in a tight spot.

A real estate crisis and liberal borrowing by local governments has already created a "debt bomb" domestically - it's estimated to run into trillions of dollars. A sluggish post-Covid economy and record youth unemployment have not helped.

China has restructured BRI loans, extended deadlines and forked out an estimated $240bn to help borrowers make payments on time. But it has refused to cancel the debt.

"For China to simultaneously engage in debt write-downs overseas while domestic economic issues are not fully resolved - it will be politically challenging internally to promote that," said Christoph Nedopil, founding director of the Green Finance and Development Center (GFDC), which tracks BRI spending.

This has marred Beijing's reputation. Some critics accuse China of engaging in "debt trap diplomacy" by luring poorer countries to sign up for expensive projects so that Beijing could eventually seize control of assets put up as collateral. This was the US' accusation over the controversial Hambantota port project in Sri Lanka.

Many analysts argue there is little evidence of this, but it has heightened fears that Beijing is using the BRI to undermine others' sovereignty.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-67120726

it is important to bailout china to ensure world peace?

I am so old that I remember those couple of decades we got told by the so called experts "Dont worry, the Chinese cant innovate, it will all work out!".

The innovator is the manufacturer. The one who makes things is the person who adapts and melds it with new technology.China does not think they owe America anything, even though our maturers and owners moved there for cheaper unprotected labor and no environmental regulations.
But it seems they made the same mistakes we did but on a larger scale. They built houses, apartments, and even cities. Now they sit empty. https://www.reuters.com/world/china...-its-vacant-homes-former-official-2023-09-23/

The innovator is the manufacturer. The one who makes things is the person who adapts and melds it with new technology.China does not think they owe America anything, even though our maturers and owners moved there for cheaper unprotected labor and no environmental regulations.
But it seems they made the same mistakes we did but on a larger scale. They built houses, apartments, and even cities. Now they sit empty. https://www.reuters.com/world/china...-its-vacant-homes-former-official-2023-09-23/

have you ever heard of intellectual property?

the chicoms are international criminals in this regard.

why do you love evil?

Back