Health Care in America

Everything Hannity says sounds stupid. Are you still watching that show, dude? Isn't that like waterboarding?

I actually kicked the habit. I'm watching the Factor a lot less frequently, too. It's been good for me.

I saw the Hannity quote on Colbert; he played a montage of Hannity saying it or something like it about 20 different times.

canada is ok to visit but its fcking cold as hell and im from new england. turst me its not that great. they have there own set of problems.

lol, did you see Blue State? That just reminded me of that movie.

They probably thought she was exhibiting behavior consistent with the reason she was brought there. People who are dying are supposed to go to an entirely different place.

When I volunteered at the Psych ward in Bethesda, when I was in the Navy, I saw people do some very weird stuff, but nobody was ever brought there until their medical condition was stabilized.

They probably thought she was exhibiting behavior consistent with the reason she was brought there. People who are dying are supposed to go to an entirely different place.

When I volunteered at the Psych ward in Bethesda, when I was in the Navy, I saw people do some very weird stuff, but nobody was ever brought there until their medical condition was stabilized.

As disturbing as the inactions of the staff are, the fact that people were sitting there when she fell and never did a thing or even called anyone.

I understand that they weren't working there, but jeez.

Yeah, but Canada has waiting lists for orthopedic surgery.
my mom just recently had to wait 2 months for an ortho surgery here in the usa.... and this was from the original docs ignoring her complaints that her shoulder was broken....he made her do things and refused to x-ray, a week of pain later she goes back in and insists he x-rays, sure enough it was broken, and then she had to ewait 6 weeks for surgery to correct the shatter/break..... and my parents pay for private supplemental insurance too....

this is HERE in the USA, gainesville, florida, where they even have a med school and affiliate hospitals!

my mom just recently had to wait 2 months for an ortho surgery here in the usa.... and this was from the original docs ignoring her complaints that her shoulder was broken....he made her do things and refused to x-ray, a week of pain later she goes back in and insists he x-rays, sure enough it was broken, and then she had to ewait 6 weeks for surgery to correct the shatter/break..... and my parents pay for private supplemental insurance too....

this is HERE in the USA, gainesville, florida, where they even have a med school and affiliate hospitals!

care quit being anti American. You know we are the greatet country God ever gave man.

Hey did you ever get HS net access ?

Don't mean to be crass but maybe they thought your mom went to FSU or UM?

care quit being anti American. You know we are the greatet country God ever gave man.

Hey did you ever get HS net access ?

got it now!!!! not really super fast but a heck of alot better than aol uscit!!!!

what i had to do was get Verizon Mobile broadband, a laptop connect modem card...... can take the laptop anywhere and have a connection and at home i have a new DVO Router to share the broadband card service with matt! they just added a new antena a few miles from here, about 20 times faster than dial up, but still not nearly what we were cranking at in massachusetts with cable broadband or dsl when we had it!

still cool that i can go anywhere and pretty much have a connection!

care

got it now!!!! not really super fast but a heck of alot better than aol uscit!!!!

what i had to do was get Verizon Mobile broadband, a laptop connect modem card...... can take the laptop anywhere and have a connection and at home i have a new DVO Router to share the broadband card service with matt! they just added a new antena a few miles from here, about 20 times faster than dial up, but still not nearly what we were cranking at in massachusetts with cable broadband or dsl when we had it!

still cool that i can go anywhere and pretty much have a connection!

care

Yeah I pretty much got the same thing only sprint USB. I have an external antenna at home that I plug into it. And the little wireless router is cool as well. I can sit by the pool and work.
Next month they are supposed to put broadband on a closer tower and in theory I can get up to 3 GB. I now have weaker signal and get about 750K.

Yeah I pretty much got the same thing only sprint USB. I have an external antenna at home that I plug into it. And the little wireless router is cool as well. I can sit by the pool and work.
Next month they are supposed to put broadband on a closer tower and in theory I can get up to 3 GB. I now have weaker signal and get about 750K.

i am running at about 1250k, i got them 3 months ago, the fastest was running 500k so i dropped them within the 30 day trial, went and tried sprint, the fastest i got was 100k on roaming, the broadband would not come in, so then i decided to go back to verizon, cuz 500k was better than 100k, and low and behold, this time i am running at 1250k sometimes faster cuz they added another tower.....!

i am happy as a camper with the 1250k, certainly better than 52k with aol dial up that i have dealt with the past year and a half!!!!!! :)

care

We just finished building a fiber optic system in NC that is making me want to go there more. The low end is 10Mbps, and the high end is 100Mbps. The cable system that competes with them only offers speeds up to 15Mbps.

We just finished building a fiber optic system in NC that is making me want to go there more. The low end is 10Mbps, and the high end is 100Mbps. The cable system that competes with them only offers speeds up to 15Mbps.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh shut uppppppppppppp!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!

i am running at about 1250k, i got them 3 months ago, the fastest was running 500k so i dropped them within the 30 day trial, went and tried sprint, the fastest i got was 100k on roaming, the broadband would not come in, so then i decided to go back to verizon, cuz 500k was better than 100k, and low and behold, this time i am running at 1250k sometimes faster cuz they added another tower.....!

i am happy as a camper with the 1250k, certainly better than 52k with aol dial up that i have dealt with the past year and a half!!!!!! :)

care

yeah I went thru ATT, it was actually slower than dialup. I am still fussing with ATT on that , I had 30 days trial and returned the unit within 2 weeks and they are still trying to bill me.
I know a young attorney that wants to take em on for fun and free :)

Verizon did not even claim to have coverage, fools did not put broadband on their new tower down the road.
Sprint was my last hope. Works pretty good.
the little modem is smaller than verizon and has up to a 32 gig hard drive, (depending on how big of a micro SD chip you put in) with an external antenna connector.

Not surprising. "Waiting" for elective surgery in the U.S. is totally common. Assuming one even has insurance.

I had to wait a couple months for knee surgery.

Not surprising. "Waiting" for elective surgery in the U.S. is totally common. Assuming one even has insurance.

I had to wait a couple months for knee surgery.

she slipped and fell on the marble floors in her bathroom, she went to the hospital immediately because she was in alot of pain, down her whole arm.... they made her do some twists and turns with it, gave her pain killers, refused to x-ray shoulder, sent her home.....cypress!!!!

she suffered through extreme pain, BELIEVING THE DOCTOR/HOSPITOL that it was just sprained and bruised before she just couldn't take the pain any longer.....by that time the break was healing IMPROPERLY and continued to mend IMPROPERLY for 8 weeks, until they did a surgery that REBROKE her bone, and then set it properly WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE when she went in to the emergency room in the FIRST place....

i realize i did not give the full story the first time around, but i don't see what happened to my mom as something that was ''elective'' surgery....ya know?

it was poor health care in the least and/or malpractice in the worst, from the beginning imho....

care

Last edited:
As disturbing as the inactions of the staff are, the fact that people were sitting there when she fell and never did a thing or even called anyone.

I understand that they weren't working there, but jeez.
It is disturbing to a high degree. I'm not saying it isn't. Even as a volunteer we would have checked on her if she fell to the floor, first you make sure they aren't really hurt then you ignore the behavior until somebody more qualified can handle the situation.

Back