Hello

All of these Teflon Dons and Truth Deflectors will all be re-inventing themselves and coming back with new identities after they were all betting their memberships here on Donald Trump not being impeached and betting that Donald Trump is going to win the 2020 election.

Some of Donald Trump's ticks have already realized Donnie's demise and have already created new sock accounts- AND HERE THEY COME!

LOL!

Yep. We've known all along that the Trumpanzees are devoid of principles and honor, most of them. I'm sure though that a few of the hard core ones will remain as they are, carrying the banners of "Witch hunt!" "Most unfair ever!" and "Impeach President Pelosi!"

Well, re #1 I don't have a religious perspective, but my educated perspective is that Islam is not a religion, it's much more of a political ideology, a violent and genocidal one, and it's ridiculous to pretend it is protected as such under our Constitution, and re #2 I don't see anything wrong with such an opinion, as we know how harmful early promiscuity is for females and their health, and we know most peoples' cerebral cortex and maturity isn't fully realized until around the age of 25, but I know it won't ever be popular or practiced much.

Oh dear, another Liberty U graduate. There are nearly 2 billion followers of Islam on the planet. Just like with Christians, Hindus, Jews, etc. the vast majority of the religion's adherents are apolitical.

If it were a political ideology as you falsely claim, then boards like this would have Muslim representatives arguing in favor of their belief system. Where are they?

Hello Chuck,

Thanks, and re religion I'm interested in its historical importance and the revolutionary social impact of Christianity on western development and progress, which in my opinion was an extremely positive one and a much preferred one to where paganism was leading, which was to stagnation and de-evolution, kind of like the so-called 'progressive' times we live in now; I'm an atheist as far as the theological side of it goes, but I have no problems with those who are believers. I'm certain the Gospels and the NT were were true to their time and place, not faked, or forgeries, and the people real as well, I just don't follow the supernatural aspects. I admire many of the Christian writers and intellectuals, especially Thomas of Aquina and Augustine, each for different reasons, for example, and I think it obvious that a lot of later so-called 'Enlightenment' philosophers merely stole from the earlier writers, re such fare as 'natural law' and the like.

Re the OT, I see a definite break in the 'old school' Judaism versus the 'new school' Judaism, i.e. the post-exilic versions, and generally see the 'palestinian' Judaism as the more legitimate over the path Judaism took under Cyrus and the post-exilic versions, which embraced a particularly racist and oppressive bent against those Jews who had remained and weren't exiled. I find it small wonder that several movements had developed by the times of Jesus and the Essenes and Pharisees that would finally collapse that particular path in favor of setting the Christian sect on its way to greatness while the racist dead end continued its decline into unimportant isolationism, despite all its vanity and egotistical posturing. It is the Christian sect that went on to fulfill the prophecies of Moses and Isaiah, and became the 'light unto the world' Judaism was supposed to be but failed to become.

OK, wow. You are so over my head I doubt I can even contribute to your understanding of religious history. But I can say I am VERY glad you have joined our discussions and look forward to reading more of your posts. After I read this one I pictured the Start Trek character Spock uttering his famous one word observation...

'Fascinating.'

And, of course, much of what the Enterprise crew encountered was not what it first seemed to be. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Former Political Hotwire and Politics Online poster here, just getting back into message boards after a few years doing other stuff, now retired from Electro-Optics and Lasers field. Mostly interested in religion, some science, music, and economics history, and a little politics and foreign policy, though I don't shill for any left or right wing ideological rubbish, I'm a moderate centrist with both conservative and liberal views, depending on the issues, and I have almost no interest in PC memes and the like. A few posters here seem to have made it past puberty with no long term psychological damage, so I signed up; I hope to see the latter around more frequently.

Welcome aboard. I look forward to debating you, with a few exceptions many here remind me of spoiled teenagers.

Hello Adolf_Twitler

All of these Teflon Dons and Truth Deflectors will all be re-inventing themselves and coming back with new identities after they were all betting their memberships here on Donald Trump not being impeached and betting that Donald Trump is going to win the 2020 election.

Some of Donald Trump's ticks have already realized Donnie's demise and have already created new sock accounts- AND HERE THEY COME!

LOL!

A good assessment. Although, if a previous Trump supporter were to do that, why would such a poster continue to show support for Trump?

Personally, my posting persona is specifically created to deal with any such circumstance. Ignored posters are free to reinvent themselves, come back with a new identity and try to be civil again. As long as they are I will talk to them. But it's pretty hard for a leopard to change it's spots. That would require an unlikely fundamental personality shift. Sooner or later an outburst will reveal the previous mindset. That is why I don't give much latitude on Ignoring trolls promptly. Get 'em gone on the first digression and that resets the whole scene. They are welcome to try again, but usually the whole scenario just repeats and they are right back where they belong, on my Ignore List.

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Yep. We've known all along that the Trumpanzees are devoid of principles and honor, most of them.

No, 'WE' do not 'know' that. That is a fundamental mistake to believe that. I know a lot of Trump supporters who are good people who simply got conned. It's far to easy to divide people into groups of good and bad, and overly simplistic to do so. A very common mistake, but one which prevents better understanding of how our politics works.

I believe it is a self-fooling mistake to think of Trump supporters badly as a matter of course. Yes, there are bad people there. Hillary said as much, described them as worthy to be placed in a 'basket of deplorables.' Even SHE knew that this does not describe all Trump supporters. Labels such as 'Trumpanzee' are self-fooling and dangerous. There are deplorable Trump fans and there are good people who have been conned and refuse to give it up, clinging with all they can to avoid the humility of learning how bad they got conned.

I'm sure though that a few of the hard core ones will remain as they are, carrying the banners of "Witch hunt!" "Most unfair ever!" and "Impeach President Pelosi!"

I would be pretty surprised if we don't see that.

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Oh dear, another Liberty U graduate. There are nearly 2 billion followers of Islam on the planet. Just like with Christians, Hindus, Jews, etc. the vast majority of the religion's adherents are apolitical.

If it were a political ideology as you falsely claim, then boards like this would have Muslim representatives arguing in favor of their belief system. Where are they?

Excellent point.

Back