"He's Dumb As Hell"

Long ago I heard about a candidate for a different party whose actions 30 years ago weren't supposed to matter....

Hmmm... What was it again... Oh, yes! "Very troubling".

It depends on the action. If you murdered someone 30 years ago, you know, I'd like to know about that before I vote for you.

I don't think it matters that Nixon thought Thompson was a dumb shit, so much as I think it's interesting. Face it, a dumb shit usually remains a dumb shit.

Plus, it's funny.

My whole point was, the R base had proved over the past 7 years, that they love nothing more than an empty suit. So, this is the guy! That's all. No judgement calls. Just facts.

I think he's referring to when the news broke in 2000 that Georgie had been bagged for drunk driving years before. I remember that Karen Hughes herself, went on and on about how it was not relevant.
It could be somebody he was running against as well.

We also hear about it in regard to a specific Senator regularly...

Of course the "if you murdered somebody 30 years before" couldn't possibly apply...

Oh Ted Kennedy?

You are barking up the wrong woman. I wouldn't get into a car with Ted, and I've warned more than one man, if we go into the drink, if you come up, I better be under your arm, got it? We have a lot of bridges where I live, and I don't really care to drive over them. So, the subject has come up.

30 hell that was 40 years ago and I dont recall him being tried or ever running for president.

I wonder if he was set up to make sure he never ran for president.

They kill Kennedys for that you know?

Of course the "if you murdered somebody 30 years before" couldn't possibly apply...

Oh, and, good job at deflecting my thread Damo.

Is Ted Kennedy running for President? Face it; Nixon calling a Republican Presidential contender a dumb shit, is news no matter when it happened.

I don't know what you guys are getting so antsy about. Knowing the R base, I'm sure Thompson is going to have campaign buttons made up "Vote for the Dumb Shit in 08"

I think it's going to take him far.

30 hell that was 40 years ago and I dont recall him being tried or ever running for president.

I wonder if he was set up to make sure he never ran for president.

They kill Kennedys for that you know?
Nah, he just runs for Senator. It's all good if all you are is a Senator...

My point isn't that I think Thompson is fantastic, or that I think any of the others are worse. It is the hypocrisy of the same group saying that what one person did or what was said about them 30 years ago matters, but it doesn't with another.

I don't care who does it. Either it matters, or it doesn't. If it doesn't why are we talking about it?

Oh, and, good job at deflecting my thread Damo.

Is Ted Kennedy running for President? Face it; Nixon calling a Republican Presidential contender a dumb shit, is news no matter when it happened.

I don't know what you guys are getting so antsy about. Knowing the R base, I'm sure Thompson is going to have campaign buttons made up "Vote for the Dumb Shit in 08"

I think it's going to take him far.
No, I'm just pointing out a perceived hypocrisy. Democrats were constantly, "It doesn't matter that he threw somebody else's medals rather than his own... that was 30 years ago!" or "He was cleared, it couldn't possibly be elitism!" while saying, "This one matters, because it is some actor that might run for the other side!"

My point isn't that I think Thompson is fantastic, or that I think any of the others are worse. It is the hypocrisy of the same group saying that what one person did or what was said about them 30 years ago matters, but it doesn't with another.

I don't care who does it. Either it matters, or it doesn't. If it doesn't why are we talking about it?

Again, it absolutely depends on what it is. I'm not going to repeat myself again. If you have a problem with Nixon calling Thompson a dumbshit being news, too bad. It's an amusing story.

I'm not saying vote against thompson, becasue nixon said he was a dummy. I just think its funny. And based on what I've seen of thompson, he's not the brightest tool in the shed. But, I don't think he's an absolute moron. He's probably a tad brighter than our Chimp.

Maybe I should start PM'ing my posts to DAmo and SF before I post them, and they can tell me if they are "relevant" or not. And for the ones they feel can be posted, they can make any changes they want to, PM them back to me, and then I can post them.

I never voted for Ted for anything.

I never voted for Laura for anything either.

I have voted for people who killed people though.

in war.

I never voted for Ted for anything.

I never voted for Laura for anything either.

I have voted for people who killed people though.

in war.

Running over and killing your ex-boyfriend is different.

Because a Republican did it.

If a Republican does it, then that's ok.

I dont recall a Republican presidential hopefull being Murdered?

I do recall a couple of Dems being murdered for running for president though

Again, it absolutely depends on what it is. I'm not going to repeat myself again. If you have a problem with Nixon calling Thompson a dumbshit being news, too bad. It's an amusing story.
No, I really don't care. I don't like Thompson anyway. It is just interesting to me that the same people that used to tell other people (I agreed with them BTW) that such things didn't matter are now telling me that this does.

Seriously, that Nixon didn't appear to like him doesn't change how I think of him one iota.

Running over and killing your ex-boyfriend is different.

Because a Republican did it.

If a Republican does it, then that's ok.
Not necessarily. However, we are again off point.

When did Laura ever run for any public office?

Back