Hillary OUT of race, no VP spot with Obama

Yes. Anti-war Democrat with strong foreign policy credentials from an important swing-state with lots of in-state goodwill. Seems like a possibility to me.

Given the lead McCain has over Obama in FL, that would make some sense. Depending on how he is received in other southern states, maybe he can bring a couple more into the swing state category.

But I still think he takes Biden. Time will tell.

1) If you state whom you think the VP slot will go to... we can make a wager....

2) What do you want if you win? Money? public humiliation? flogging for the loser?

John Edwards. And I want you to have to call me Queen Darla who is immeasurable smarter than you, for two weeks.

John Edwards. And I want you to have to call me Queen Darla who is immeasurable smarter than you, for two weeks.

Done.

If I win.... what shall we require your references to me to be?

(yes, this is a lob... you can either put forth an actual answer or slam it back in my face... what can I say... I am feeling generous today)

Done.

If I win.... what shall we require your references to me to be?

(yes, this is a lob... you can either put forth an actual answer or slam it back in my face... what can I say... I am feeling generous today)

Shit head?
Lol. No, I’ll do the same that I asked, and refer to you as…Queen Superfreak.

Fair is fair.

On a serious note on this thread, you are playing by the conventional narrative, set decades ago in the years directly following Vietnam, by Republicans, picked up by the media, so ingrained in Democrats that they fell to their knees and reflexively apologized to Republicans after 9/11.

If Obama were to pick someone to “balance the ticket” in the way you are expecting, that person would be really, almost a daddy figure. Oh, Biden is going to protect Obama from the McCain attacks on national security. I think that Obama has rejected that matrix. There will be no daddy figure to protect him. He’s going to take this opportunity, of historic failure on the part of the Republican party, and he’s going to change the American political landscape with it. Bush/McCain can’t be trusted to keep you safe, look at what they’ve done, they’ve made you less safe. I’m the one smart enough to keep this country safe.

He is going to be the big gun. And he’s going to take the national security debate to them, rather than waiting for them to take it to him. That’s what he has been doing, and he isn’t going to stop. Before it’s all over, he’ll be John McCain’s daddy.

That’s my prediction.

On a serious note on this thread, you are playing by the conventional narrative, set decades ago in the years directly following Vietnam, by Republicans, picked up by the media, so ingrained in Democrats that they fell to their knees and reflexively apologized to Republicans after 9/11.

If Obama were to pick someone to “balance the ticket” in the way you are expecting, that person would be really, almost a daddy figure. Oh, Biden is going to protect Obama from the McCain attacks on national security. I think that Obama has rejected that matrix. There will be no daddy figure to protect him. He’s going to take this opportunity, of historic failure on the part of the Republican party, and he’s going to change the American political landscape with it. Bush/McCain can’t be trusted to keep you safe, look at what they’ve done, they’ve made you less safe. I’m the one smart enough to keep this country safe.

He is going to be the big gun. And he’s going to take the national security debate to them, rather than waiting for them to take it to him. That’s what he has been doing, and he isn’t going to stop. Before it’s all over, he’ll be John McCain’s daddy.

That’s my prediction.

Anything is possible at this point. But I think many people will see it as "brave but stupid". Brave in that he has the confidence in himself to take on the challenge. Stupid in that when you are heading a company or running a country, the successful surround themselves with people that will complement their strengths.

To say "I know I am not good at this right now, yet I refuse to let someone with more experience on the subject be on my ticket because I want to prove myself".... that is not a wise political move.

Anything is possible at this point. But I think many people will see it as "brave but stupid". Brave in that he has the confidence in himself to take on the challenge. Stupid in that when you are heading a company or running a country, the successful surround themselves with people that will complement their strengths.

To say "I know I am not good at this right now, yet I refuse to let someone with more experience on the subject be on my ticket because I want to prove myself".... that is not a wise political move.

But he is good at this, and right now. That’s what you don’t get. He said before we went in that Iraq was a mistake. Most Americans think it was now, and also, most experts say we are less safe because of it. We played by the old rules in 04, and they turned a war hero into a coward. I think you’re going to see something new this time around.

But he is good at this, and right now. That’s what you don’t get. He said before we went in that Iraq was a mistake. Most Americans think it was now, and also, most experts say we are less safe because of it. We played by the old rules in 04, and they turned a war hero into a coward. I think you’re going to see something new this time around.

Like I said, anything can happen and I do think Obama will surprise people in many ways. I just don't see this as one of them. I could be wrong.... but I doubt it.

Back