Hillary won't get the nomination

Onceler

You heard it here first.

You can say it's wishful thinking, and I'd agree with you, but there has been a definite shift over the past week. She's trying to run out the clock, and it's way too early. Her answers in the debate were horrifyingly safe, and she's starting to look more & more like the "Washington establishment" candidate. Her vote on the Iran thing should be a wake-up call to primary voters everywhere.

Obama is raking in cash, and the media is focused on "the cackle" (typical media). I've gotta believe that as voters take a closer look and start really considering the consequences, they'll abandon Hillary in droves.

Either that, or we're screwed, and most of my adult life will be dominated by mediocre/bad leaders who happen to have "name recognition"...

I agree about Hillary, but do you think Obama is going to be the main beneficiary of this? I don't like him much better, a little better, but not much better. To me, he also always has his finger in the air, testing which way the wind is blowing. I am hoping Edwards benefits, or, that this will mean Gore is going to take the opportunity.

Obama didn't even bother showing up for that pivotal vote. I can't see somebody who is so cowardly getting the nod.

Honestly, it's hard for me to see Edwards having a shot at this point. All he's doing right now is losing ground, though I'd concede that it's early & anything can happen.

I have my issues with Obama, but man, if it's a choice between him & Hillary, it's a no brainer. It would be great if Gore entered the race, but I don't really see that happening, either.

We will see if the Hillary cackle is enough to stop her ;)

cackle v. , -led , -ling , -les . v.intr. To make the shrill cry characteristic of a hen after laying an egg.

To tell you the truth, the cackle probably won't be enough. But if it is, it would be poetic justice. Her opponent basically died when he tried to hand her some paper, and the Howard Dean "Yeeeeaaaahhh"...

Which I didn't find all that crazy. It was entertaining, but not crazy. He seemed to be recharging this troops after a surprising loss...

The downfall of Dean after "the scream" was kind of a sad day for America.

I never really got what the big deal was about that...

Aarghh - just reported that Clinton had a huge fundraising quarter - $27 million.

People are nuts - absolutely insane. I cannot comprehend the Hillary phenomenon whatsoever. There is going to be a hell of a lot of buyer's remorse if she ever does get elected...

The downfall of Dean after "the scream" was kind of a sad day for America.

I never really got what the big deal was about that...
I don't know about "sad day". I couldn't seen Deano getting that close to beating Bush.

I don't know about "sad day". I couldn't seen Deano getting that close to beating Bush.

I didn't mean that kind of sad, though I think Dean/Bush would have been a much more interesting race.

I'm talking about media-diversion sad. Campaigns about "the sigh," "the scream" and "the cackle," instead of about competence or the issues...

I didn't mean that kind of sad, though I think Dean/Bush would have been a much more interesting race.

I'm talking about media-diversion sad. Campaigns about "the sigh," "the scream" and "the cackle," instead of about competence or the issues...
Those were long since already the norm. People were talking about soundbyte and bumper-sticker politics long before the Deano scream.

I know where your coming from Lorax and I think Obama would be a more liberal president than Hillary. He would prob do more to stop the jailing of 800,000 young people on marijuana possession (def skewed to blacks).
But you think Hillary's polarizing, Obama stands zero chance in the General and that will help Hillary if he starts to gain.
If Hillary starts to look stail to mainstreem dems, Gore will kick that door down. He knows he can kick the shit out of the cons, if he gets over his Clinton fear he's in.

You heard it here first.

You can say it's wishful thinking, and I'd agree with you, but there has been a definite shift over the past week. She's trying to run out the clock, and it's way too early. Her answers in the debate were horrifyingly safe, and she's starting to look more & more like the "Washington establishment" candidate. Her vote on the Iran thing should be a wake-up call to primary voters everywhere.

Obama is raking in cash, and the media is focused on "the cackle" (typical media). I've gotta believe that as voters take a closer look and start really considering the consequences, they'll abandon Hillary in droves.

Either that, or we're screwed, and most of my adult life will be dominated by mediocre/bad leaders who happen to have "name recognition"...

I tend to agree, although I must admit Hillary has been far stronger than I expected. I knew she was extremely competent and capable. I just didn't think she'd stay as high in the polls with the democratic base as she has. I thought her Iraq war views would sink her.

That said, the national polls are still meaningless at this point. Voters don't pay much attention until december/january, and name recognition is a major factor right now. John Kerry was written off at this point in 2004, and Howard Dean was practically the presumptive nominee.

It really all comes down to Iowa, I think.

I know where your coming from Lorax and I think Obama would be a more liberal president than Hillary. He would prob do more to stop the jailing of 800,000 young people on marijuana possession (def skewed to blacks).
But you think Hillary's polarizing, Obama stands zero chance in the General and that will help Hillary if he starts to gain.
If Hillary starts to look stail to mainstreem dems, Gore will kick that door down. He knows he can kick the shit out of the cons, if he gets over his Clinton fear he's in.

Oh you finally put some thought into a post Top, good work.

I actually agree with you, so you must be getting smarter. Are you taking pills...working out? Studies show that even moderate, but regular, exercise stimulates growth of new brain cells.

Duhla, if you can get passed the far left class warfare you'd see I'm left of most everybody on this board except for taxes.

I agree about Hillary, but do you think Obama is going to be the main beneficiary of this? I don't like him much better, a little better, but not much better. To me, he also always has his finger in the air, testing which way the wind is blowing. I am hoping Edwards benefits, or, that this will mean Gore is going to take the opportunity.

I too am hoping for Edwards.

Record numbers of bankruptcies :clink:

I tend to agree, although I must admit Hillary has been far stronger than I expected. I knew she was extremely competent and capable. I just didn't think she'd stay as high in the polls with the democratic base as she has. I thought her Iraq war views would sink her.

That said, the national polls are still meaningless at this point. Voters don't pay much attention until december/january, and name recognition is a major factor right now. John Kerry was written off at this point in 2004, and Howard Dean was practically the presumptive nominee.

It really all comes down to Iowa, I think.

The polls in Iowa are tight - basically a 3-way tie.

A win in Iowa ain't what it used to be, though. It will provide a little bit of momentum, but with the primaries so frontloaded, there won't be enough for either Edwards or Obama unless there is a significant tightening of the national polls, as well. They can make up some ground, but not anything in the double-digits.

Still, there is hope, and I refuse to accept that this is what Americans will choose after 8 years in the wilderness...

You heard it here first.

You heard it from me several months ago.

Back