How bout them Cavs?

He's better than MJ. Not as good as Wilt.
He's huge, powerful, fast and can shoot from anywhere.
He is MJ in a power forward frame.

He's very different from MJ, so I don't generally try to delve into it too much. I don't disagree w/ your points at all though.

MJ had sort of a more transcendent quality in a way, but it's so close. I think the reason a lot of people favor MJ just has to do w/ the fact that MJ was a better scorer/shooter, and as fans, that is what most people gravitate toward. In the mind of some, he also still holds the intangible "clutch" quality over Lebron, though I think that is extremely close as well.

I did..... Usually the healthiest team wins..... It is a grueling season, including some 4 out of 5 nights & then playoffs, hotels, planes oh & the babes...
God...I'm glad I didn't have that kind of athletic talent. I would have been dead by 30 from drugs or an STD if I had that kind of fame and money in my twenties. I wouldn't of had a mentor to teach me how to handle it.

Lebron finally got his shit on and totally dominated Curry. When Lebron would score over Curry, he would totally get in his face and smack talk him. Lebron, the more seasoned pro out psyched the newbie. Lebron, to me, came alive in the last games as if it was his entire reputation on the line.

Lebron kicked ass and displayed why he is such an amazing athlete. He is definitely in the ranks of the greats, like Micheal Jordan.
Would you say he is as great as Ohios three best athletes who are considered the all time greatest in their sports? Owens (track), Brown (football) or Nichlaus (golf)?

I wouldn't. I'd say he's more in the league of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench and Bob Feller.

He's very different from MJ, so I don't generally try to delve into it too much. I don't disagree w/ your points at all though.

MJ had sort of a more transcendent quality in a way, but it's so close. I think the reason a lot of people favor MJ just has to do w/ the fact that MJ was a better scorer/shooter, and as fans, that is what most people gravitate toward. In the mind of some, he also still holds the intangible "clutch" quality over Lebron, though I think that is extremely close as well.

Nobody ever questioned MJs heart. An amazing competetor. It is hard to compare. I'd hAve to check scoring averages. James is a scorer

OK MJ 30.1ppg to lj 27

Last edited:
I was very happy for Lebron, and for Cleveland. No city deserved it more.

For Lebron, it really shut up his critics & likely for good. He basically made Skip Bayless' entire ESPN career meaningless. He was held to such an impossible standard..."well, he's not as good as MJ." I mean, who is? Lebron is one of the all-timers, and this was a real signature moment for him.

Skip makes his ESPN career meaningless every time he opens his mouth. :D

Yeah, I'm kind of a Wilt purist myself. It would be awesome to see Mikan, Wilt, and Russell play in today's NBA to see it they could still dominate.

I'm still devastated over the loss but if they were to lose I'm glad it was to Cleveland. I'm happy for the City and their fans.

I'm just glad that NoKC didn't win. That Warriors comeback was the true miracle of the postseason. I was rooting for Cleveland, but would have been okay with a GS repeat. Especially after the record-breaking season.

I was hoping the Warriors would pull it off again, but james is owned by Nike for life, so it wasn't all bad..

It's always wonderful seeing good defense. Kawaii Leonard is a surprisingly good defender, who makes Spurs games a bit more exciting to watch. Westbrook is also surprisingly good for his size. LeBron dominated defensively.

201603_1414_hdbch.jpg

Jordan-meme.png

de00d695038dc57711acb5f9e4991381.jpg

Back