How Democrats harm blacks

Public assistance takes the form of food stamps and medicaid as well, not necessarially welfare.

Call it whatever you wish. Oftentimes, it is still money given to able-bodied people that did not earn it while having the ability to earn a living. I know it is hard to get up in the morning and get to work like everyone else is expected to. Face it, sometimes it is just easier to accept money not earned, live a lower lifestyle, and stay at home and watch Jerry Springer.

what about the middle and upper class blacks - the number of blacks in both groups continues to grow

President Bush's tax cuts helped them. The many tax cuts that were given to corporations gave them spending capital to afford to hire more people and middle and upper class Blacks were included in this group. More blacks, along with every other minority, are successful and living a high standard of living that would have been unthinkable before Republicans passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act. There are more Black millionaires today than ever before, probably in the history of the world and that is thanks to the high level of independence that is at the core of Conservatism rather than the increasing level of dependency brought about by Liberals policies.

How would these upwardly mobile Blacks do with a 70% tax rate as was the case under Jimmy Carter in 1980? Would they be as successful? Of course not. Under Conservative policies, they are able to keep more of the fruits of their labor and as it should be rather than taking that wealth away as some penalty for being successful.

The answer is pretty simple. Many Blacks i.e. African Americans, feel that they are owed something by America.
I would say that they are. They are owed living in a society where they are just as equal as others, a society that does not discriminate.

For example, they believe that they are owed reparations for being slaves. The problem is that none of the Black Americans were ever slaves in this country.
Perhaps they do deserve it. Who are you to say?

The Democrat Party has given them so much as far as welfare checks that many of them became dependent on the wealth redistribution policies.
Welfare is given out to people of all ethnicities. To claim otherwise is ignorant.

This handout without any requirement of actually producing anything of value causes a very poor work ethic and a much higher level dependency. Once you have this dependency, you are owned by, in this case, the Democrat Party. They give you just enough so you will not want to leave and depend on yourself.

Now, obviously, this does not include everyone, however, look at the many that have been on welfare for 2, 3, and 4 generations. They expect this assistance and this money comes from the taxpayers. Several years ago in New Jersey (I think), there was a move to require all welfare recipients to receive a medical examination to determine fitness for work. The idea was to provide employment for those that were fit for work. I think it was Al Sharpeton that got involved and raised a big issue of it. At some point, it was declared unconstitutional because it was not the governments duty to require people to work, or something similar to that.

This post is probably one of the most racist things I have ever heard.

AND, most importantly, given the disastrous failures of republicans over the last 8 years, shouldn't the real question be why are white people still republicans?

I would say that many do not consider the current administration to be a true representation of Republicans (not that there has been for some time now). I would point out, however, that asking why "white people are republicans" is just as ignorant as saying that blacks vote Democrat for welfare benefits.

OK. Lets take a look at what you have to say.

African Americans are three times as likely as whites to fall below the poverty level and hence to have a chance of qualifying for welfare benefits.

I will just assume that your figures are correct. Why is that? Well, one of the reasons are the Democrat policies that have been forced on Black Americans. Why is it that there is such a large rate of high school dropouts? Who has been in charge of the education system for the last 50 years? It has been the Democrat Party. When you look at the terrible conditions of the inner city schools, that is who you need to thank. They made it that way. They let it happen. They made Black Americans dependent on their good nature.

The Democrat Party has not been a friend to them. The Democrat Party has made a large group of Americans very dependent on the government.

"government figures show that Whites not Blacks make up the bulk of clients on these public aid programs"

The title of this thread is "How Democrats harm blacks" so the emphasis was on that view. There are many more whites that are hooked on welfare benefits. I do not dispute this fact. You can label the benefits with whatever name you choose, but, in many cases, they are still money given with no hope of removing the person from the impoverished situation. In many cases, and these are the cases I am talking about, these benefits only mire the recipient in a situation that is easier to live with than to escape from. And this is what the Democrats want. A dependent population.

"Did you know that the biggest recipients of affirrmative action has been white women .. they didn't tell you that?"

Again, that is not the subject of the thread. The title "How Democrats harm blacks" has nothing to do with white women. I do not know why you would bring try and confuse the issue. The Democrat Party has not been a true friend to the Black family. While it seems they have with their free handouts, in life, there is really nothing free.

Here is the link.
http://www.crf-usa.org/bria/bria14_3.html#welfare

Absolutely astounding.

You repeat all this crap about democrats bad for blacks that belies logic and common sense.

1. I bring up with white women, drug use, and affirmative action because if you believe the crap you've posted, then surely you believe these other false "urban myths" designed to perpetuate ignorance.

2. You keep talking about what black people think .. are you black, and if not, from whence does such power to think for people you don't know come from.

3. The Republican Party hasn't been good for white people .. so why are you a republican?

4. I continue to repeat, blacks have only been relatively free for 42 years out of nearly 400 years of existence in America. Does it not make sense to you that there would be tremendous residual effects on the quality of life for a people who've suffered almost 400 years of ungodly terrorism? Would it make sense to you that such a people, any people, would be resistent to assimilation?

5. You post this stuff in the middle of a complete meltdown of the Republican Party and on the heels of it being the cause of the greatest blunder in American history and on the heels of yet another republican recession. Look around you and tell me how wonderful republicans have been to WHITE PEOPLE .. then tell me again about "how bad democrats are." You're talking about a failing political party that promotes a failed ideology that hasn't been good for anybody.

6. Surely you're more grown up then what you exhibit in this thread. There are thousands of elected black democrats serving the interests of their constituency just like everybody else. How many elected black republicans are there? Rice and Powell were appointed.

In case you haven't noticed, the next POTUS is going to be a black democrat .. something completely impossible as a republican.

7. You not only ignore the facts, but history as well. Have you ever heard of Nixon's southern strategy? I mentioned it previously in my post. What black person this side of a lobotomy would identify with a political party that openly courts racists?

8. What you're parroting here is nonsense designed for non-thinking people who act on emotion, not intellect. Try doing the intellectual thing and demonstrate how much more wonderful life for blacks would be if only we were republicans.

Are there problems within the black communtiy?

Absolutely, just as there are problems within your own community .. whatever community that is. But every problem is not related to what political party one supports. To suggest that would be stupid, would it not?

Oh yeah .. and as was clearly obvious, your "information" comes from a right-wing website.

What a surprise.

Last edited:
I would say that many do not consider the current administration to be a true representation of Republicans (not that there has been for some time now). I would point out, however, that asking why "white people are republicans" is just as ignorant as saying that blacks vote Democrat for welfare benefits.

Then you get my point .. I ask why whites are republicans only to point out the utter stupidity of the premise of this thread.

I understand why anyone would want to disown Bush and his incredible failures .. but they cannot. Bush is a republican and republicans elected him and republicans supported his asinine policies and republicans supported his needless war which has done more damage to America than Bin Laden could ever dream of.

Bush got about 8% support from blacks and his approval among blacks has been as low as 2%. Given the result of his presidency, why would anyone be questioning black people about our political choices?

We should offer them the same thing we offer jews, a promise to secure for them an ethnic homeland using the american military.

How dumb is this cracker.
Bootstrapping Republicans outlawed a medical weed in the thirties and have put millions of brothers in jail over the subsequent decades for joints. For what, to maintain their agencies and line a bunch of pockets. Yeah republicans are really good for blacks. you wonder how 100% aren't democrats.

President Bush's tax cuts helped them. The many tax cuts that were given to corporations gave them spending capital to afford to hire more people and middle and upper class Blacks were included in this group. More blacks, along with every other minority, are successful and living a high standard of living that would have been unthinkable before Republicans passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act. There are more Black millionaires today than ever before, probably in the history of the world and that is thanks to the high level of independence that is at the core of Conservatism rather than the increasing level of dependency brought about by Liberals policies.

How would these upwardly mobile Blacks do with a 70% tax rate as was the case under Jimmy Carter in 1980? Would they be as successful? Of course not. Under Conservative policies, they are able to keep more of the fruits of their labor and as it should be rather than taking that wealth away as some penalty for being successful.

Then why dont they vote republican?

We should offer them the same thing we offer jews, a promise to secure for them an ethnic homeland using the american military.
Does the world need another Zimbabwe? And what of the infrastructure that was in place in SA?

Have I ever argued in favor of Israel?
Regardless of that. Nations don't need to justify their existence based on whether or not others think they should exist.

And I would bet you probably have.

An established and functioning society with decent infrastructure. Poor infrastructure is a problem in the West African nations.

So you're saying blacks are incapable of running a nation properly, and thus, shouldn't be allowed to have one. Is that your final answer?

Back