How do you "teach" ID?

There have been countless studies on human behavior, including studies of people with a variety of sociological, psychological, and substance addiction problems, and they have found without exception, the vast majority of them have little or no spiritual connection. They have also found, the vast majority of individuals who overcome such adversities, attribute their accomplishments to belief in a higher power, many of them saying they couldn't have done it without this.

We know that Neanderthal existed at the same time as Homo sapien man. For some reason, Neanderthal became extinct while Homo sapien thrived. From archeological studies, we see that Homo sapiens practiced spirituality and rituals associated with it, and we have no evidence Neanderthal ever obtained this characteristic. Many feel this is precisely the reason Neanderthals were unable to assimilate with Homo sapien.

"sociological, psychological, and substance addiction problems, and they have found without exception, the vast majority of them have little or no spiritual connection."

And without execption the vast majority .... I thought you were eddicated ?

Duhh Christians have problems too. From the reports I somethims believe that preachers are in the highest crime profession of any profession.

Care to provide a link? I'd love to read up on these "studies."

Nope. You will have to educate yourself, I won't do it for you. I am sure you can find some of the thousands and thousands of studies that have been done. I pointed you in the direction, and that's all I will do. It's not that I couldn't, I most certainly could, but you would do your typical left-wing dance around the facts, and attempt to 'refute' the sources, or whatever you need to say to continue propping up your mythology. I am bored with your games.

Nope. You will have to educate yourself, I won't do it for you. I am sure you can find some of the thousands and thousands of studies that have been done. I pointed you in the direction, and that's all I will do. It's not that I couldn't, I most certainly could, but you would do your typical left-wing dance around the facts, and attempt to 'refute' the sources, or whatever you need to say to continue propping up your mythology. I am bored with your games.

So in this thread we have established that you have no credible studies to back up your claim that spiritual people are better off than non-spiritual people, you have no scientific tests to back up the "hypothesis" of ID, and you are shamelessly ignorant of how science works.

So in this thread we have established that you have no credible studies to back up your claim that spiritual people are better off than non-spiritual people, you have no scientific tests to back up the "hypothesis" of ID, and you are shamelessly ignorant of how science works.

In other words, your typical believer in ID.

Oh my science. I didn't see it the first time, but he just blamed the extinction of Neanderthals on Godlessness.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA *OUCH*

Well, I don't see where I did that. I was asked for 'proof' that spirituality was fundamental to the species.... I gave you what we have. There was indeed some reason Neanderthal died out and Homo sapien flourished and thrived. There is indeed, evidence Homo sapiens practiced spiritual rituals, and no evidence Neanderthal's ever did. Many noted scientists have theorized Neanderthal's demise was related to his inability to assimilate with Homo sapien, and it is speculation this may have surrounded around the issue of spiritual beliefs and customs, as well as the moral codes associated with them, and the lack of this in Neanderthal. I can't "prove" this, and you can't "refute" this, which is why you feel compelled to attack it with ridiculous hyperbole and mis-characterization.

We've established that no one's mind is going to be changed here, as always. There are thousands of studies to back my statements of fact, but common sense should suffice. There is scientific evidence to support the ID hypothesis, and theory, just as there is scientific evidence to support Abiogenesis. My position is not in contradiction of ANY possibility, I am willing to say origin of life could be the result of ANY hypothesis, we simply don't know the answer. You are trying to force YOUR answer down my throat, and I am tired of it.

You have yet to show us any scientific evidence of ID or even just name a test that could be conducted to provide said evidence, yet you claimed and continue to claim that it exists.

My answer is called reality.

I never took an anthropology course or read an anthropology related book that discussed the lack of a religion as any sort of basis for the disappearance of the neatherthal.

I have read much that discussed their apparent lack of an advanced communication system. I have read much about their being less suited to compete, especially against homo sapien sapien.

Its called survival of the fittest. Its also about how intolerant mankind is (whatever the subspecies might be) of competition and outsiders.

ID cannot be taught in a science class. To credit a completely unknown source with the fundamental beginnings of all life is about as unscientific as you can get. Scientists are nolt afraid to say "why don't know...yet.".

Actually, people without spirituality do not survive and thrive as well, and you haven't proven this assertion in any way. The fact that mankind still practices (strongly) his spiritual beliefs, is evidence it is fundamental to the species. The appendix is something that is there, like the tail bone, which we simply no longer use. Humans need and use spirituality daily, and unless you figure out a way for 4% of the people to eliminate 96% of the people, you will never eliminate the need for spirituality in humans.

You can certainly claim this is conjecture and biased speculation, I don't expect you to do anything else, because there is nothing else you can do. You certainly can't offer evidence to counter my points, or refute the evidence I have presented to support them.
There is a new belief about the uselessness of the appendix. Recently it was shown to defend beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract when it is possible for them to be wiped out, it has many infection-fighting lymphoid cells, suggesting that it is part of the immune system.

It is silly to assume that something like medicine is perfect at this time. New things are found daily. So, the appendix is a poor indicator of a "leftover useless organ".

Many in every generation thinks they have it figured out.
So did those who knew illness was cuased by evil spirits or sinning.

He's even running away from the fact that he's a Religious fanatic. He tries to disguise it now, which is funny to watch.

Back