How Obama's Decision Hurt the CIA

Well, there's somethings she and I agree on.

Agatha Christie is fun. I am a Sherlock Holmes fan myself.
sh2.jpg

Agatha Christie is fun. I am a Sherlock Holmes fan myself.
sh2.jpg

Yes, you can't beat Holmes, but Marple and Poirot are a great deal of fun (we won't discuss the disappointing Tommy & Tuppins...). If you haven't gotten to see the BBC Poirot starring David Suchet, do so pronto!

Yes, you can't beat Holmes, but Marple and Poirot are a great deal of fun (we won't discuss the disappointing Tommy & Tuppins...). If you haven't gotten to see the BBC Poirot starring David Suchet, do so pronto!

Everyone says it is a must see! I did listen to him do Murder on the Orient Express a few years ago on a road trip.

dumbkis was highly critical of Agatha Christie on the WOT. She criticized the lack of character development when the true aficionado knows it's all about the puzzle.

Suchet is the bomb! I prefer Joan Hickson as Marple, over Geraldine MacEwan or, God forbid, Margaret Rutherford. And Tommy & Tuppence are third-rate.

She's a stain on the gender, all right. Her stated purpose on the WOT was to "crap on liberals" so you're not going to get much as far as reasoned debate goes. Just a head's-up. :)

I have trouble believing she is a she. Women that far right are rare outside of mental institutions. But then women having post term abortions does seem to be becoming more common.

I'm sure it's not the only thing. :) I've read a number of conservative opinions here that were thoughtful and well-presented.

I prefer to read the posters and form my own opinions, unlike dumbkis, who's been working overtime to trash all the WOT people she dislikes.

Well, there's somethings she and I agree on.

dumbkis was highly critical of Agatha Christie on the WOT. She criticized the lack of character development when the true aficionado knows it's all about the puzzle.

Suchet is the bomb! I prefer Joan Hickson as Marple, over Geraldine MacEwan or, God forbid, Margaret Rutherford. And Tommy & Tuppence are third-rate.

I don't believe I have seen MacEwan, but I liked both Hickson and Rutherford. The musical score on the BBC show was also pretty good (it brings to mind a horseride in the English countryside).

As for ID's comment about Orient Express, I have to say I really do not like that one, and the film was hindered by the boring performance by Albert Finney. On the other hand, Death on the Nile is an excellent movie, despite the fact that Ustinov (a very likable onscreen presence) is no Poirot.

What has Obama done that makes it clear to you that he will cause long term damage to the country? He released memos that he didn't write about stuff that he didn't do in response to a court order? You people are fucked in the head.

If there was a court order, why would people blame Obama for releasing the memos? Oh wait, I forgot that lots of people don't care about right or wrong as long as they get to try and blame the other party.

This should be very disturbing to anyone who loves this country.

April 22, 2009By David Ignatius
WASHINGTON -- ....................................................................

davidignatius@washpost.com

How hypocritical and coward this writer is. In whole big lump of the article, He/she dares not to touch the word "torture" though that is the core of the issue. He tries to put a price tag on a moral topic. Judah always will find a justification to sell Jesus.

Value for torture

It's kind of funny to argue on such a moral topic. Morality can't be traded. But American enable it with a value.

Torture/waterboarding works. Yes, so are other illegal things. You will have proof that Rape/murder works too, if you put a value on it. And you can defend that FBI imposed very tight restrictions on the use of torture.....

Only please you don't accuse Hitler for Facist or Saddam for torture, because they just do same thing you approved.

And because some people who think they are the outlaw and can do what ever they want to and justify their crime by "it works" or "value".

That's why President Kennedy was assassinated, so was Rober Kennedy. And Dr. Martin L. King. Because for insiders, the victim are " subject to additional limits" and up to someone's "value".

Thanks for those who boast "patriot" admit of the two standards. Hitler, Stalin, Mao Tze Tung and Kin Jong Ir gave themseves the same right openly. That's totalitarian. Bush is justified by someone like Yoo, that's democratic. Is there any difference when they did same thing? In the name of value? Or you will find some excuse to say if it was done by "them", then it's savage, inhuman but when "I" did it, it's for the value of ... eh "pratriotism", "democracy"?

Back