How To Picket Tropic Thunder

People tell me the movie is laugh out loud funny – so I don’t think they’re going to be successful. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but a few different people have told me that.

Is Downey playing a white guy playing a black man or is he just playing a black man full out?

The retarded aspect wont get much traction. I have to admitt the blackface thing bothered me while watching the clips and I love all three of these guys.

People tell me the movie is laugh out loud funny – so I don’t think they’re going to be successful. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but a few different people have told me that.

really?

Maybe I'll check it out.

I have a confession:

I don't know that I'm ready to give up the word retard. That was my pet name for republicans. This is going to be tough.

Is Downey playing a white guy playing a black man or is he just playing a black man full out?

The retarded aspect wont get much traction. I have to admitt the blackface thing bothered me while watching the clips and I love all three of these guys.

He is doing the first Desh.

actually, from what I've seen people don't care about the black face, they are actually more up in arms about the "R-word" being used so much. I actually saw that this morning on one of the talk shows. The "R-word".

Downey is playing a white "method actor" who gets his skin pigmented to play a black man.

The whole idea of the movie is to lampoon the arrogant, pretentious, over-the-top thing that is Hollywood. People are taking everything in the opposite spirit, as they always do.

really?

Maybe I'll check it out.

I have a confession:

I don't know that I'm ready to give up the word retard. That was my pet name for republicans. This is going to be tough.

I actually gave it up for a few years, and then I started using it again. So many people in this country are so f’ing stupid, I just went back to using it out of frustration. But at one time, I was more so-called “PC” than I am now. In other words, I was less rude.

Downey is playing a white "method actor" who gets his skin pigmented to play a black man.

The whole idea of the movie is to lampoon the arrogant, pretentious, over-the-top thing that is Hollywood. People are taking everything in the opposite spirit, as they always do.

I heard that the Downey character was one of the funniest parts. I’ll probably go see it, because so few comedies are actually funny.

His character was a white actor playing the role of a black actor. His character had his skin pigmentation altered so that he could take on the "black role" in the movie.

Sorry to go off topic but does anyone know what group of people the term 'spaz' represents? I remember growing up the term spaz was used to describe a kid who was all hyper and acting wild. Tiger Woods a year or two back said he putted like a spaz and it caused a big uproar and he had to apologize.

Really? I’d be disappointed if that were the case, because I’ve really heard it talked up as hysterical.

It depends on your "sense of humor". If you like those movies that go for the "so stupid they can be funny to idiots/rednecks" type of "humor" ... then you will like this one.

If not... then go see Get Smart... that was actually funny.

Sorry to go off topic but does anyone know what group of people the term 'spaz' represents? I remember growing up the term spaz was used to describe a kid who was all hyper and acting wild. Tiger Woods a year or two back said he putted like a spaz and it caused a big uproar and he had to apologize.

a spaz is a liberal activist on coke. So of course Tiger had to apologize for offending Obama/Messiah/the One.

:rolleyes:

It depends on your "sense of humor". If you like those movies that go for the "so stupid they can be funny to idiots/rednecks" type of "humor" ... then you will like this one.

If not... then go see Get Smart... that was actually funny.

Did you see Step Brothers? Did you think that was funny?

Back